“Highly Recommended”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dargaville
Awakino Point Boutique Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dargaville
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Extremely welcoming, congenial hosts. In my opinion all round good value. Room very clean and homely.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Awakino Point Boutique Motel

Reviewed March 21, 2010

We arrived at Dargaville with no idea where we were going to stay. The motel was advertised in a NZ guide and we thought we would have a look. The motel is off the road and situated within lovely gardens. On our arrival the owner gave us a friendly greeting and showed us the room, which was very spacious, clean and peaceful. It was well priced particularly as the breakfast was free. We couldn't have wished for a better place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HokeyKokey
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Being from USA we have never experienced this type of stay before. The motel was located just outside of town. There was plenty of parking and lovely garden to stroll around in. We spent several nights here while exploring the local country side. The room was very clean and comfortable while the owners were just amazing, with their hospitality and advice on local attractions. I wish all our accommodations were this enjoyable.

1  Thank USAImperial_MO_USA
Reviewed February 19, 2010

We had never seen the term 'Boutique Motel' before. What does boutique mean here? It means small and intimate, it means owner managed and particularly it means great service from someone who really cares. June is not saying this is a hotel and you should not look for the modern art, 400 thread count linen or any of the other things you might hope for in a boutique hotel. What we enjoyed was a good clean unit with a comfortable bed and a nice breakfast. We slept very well and would definitely go back if we were near bye again.

1  Thank Kiteperson
Reviewed January 20, 2010

We stayed at theAwakino Point motel recently and found it to be a very relaxing stay. The motel was clean and tidy, the breakfast delicious and the hosts friendly and obliging.

Reviewed January 1, 2010

Awakino Point Boutique Motel is a Nice place with nice people – just what this travel weary couple needed. After the long trip thru the Kauri forest of Waipoua, we needed quiet and peace and space to stretch out. Our unit had just been refurbished and this helped to make us feel at home. We also just loved our breakfast, delivered personally by our hostess in the morning. The home-made marmalade was “the Best” The next day we went on to Matakohe Kauri Museum which is only about 30minutes from Awakino Point. That was an amazing visit too. We spent hours there. Don’t miss it!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2009

Overpriced motel with original 1980's decor complete with glamatex ceilings. Very disappointing breakfast of canned fruit, packet cereal and white toast.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
3shelly3, Owner at Awakino Point Boutique Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

I would like to thank you for staying at Awakino Point Boutique Motel Dargaville New Zealand

I know that it's quite a while since you stayed here in Dargaville. but I have just decided to do a paid advert with trip advisor, the previous listing was a free one. This has helped me find my way around the site and enabled me to be able to respond your comments.

It is very disappointing when a poor review pops up because one feels so helpless as there is no course of action open to me except to take your remarks on board and try to fix the prioblem.

I always take comments from our guests seriously and take action when it's a valid comment.
Since you stayed three years ago all three units have been refurbished and upgraded.

The free breakfast trolley now contains 3 cereal, yogurt, juice,fruit, whole grain toast, small jars of home made marmalade and other spreads together with a plunger sachet of coffee.

I am not at all sure if I was hosting you at the time or if I was away and my stand in was caring for you. April 3 years ago was about the time I had health problems and had to take time out.

It a long way down the track to say " I am sorry " but I can assure you I am, as it hurts me every time I go on the site to see your comment is back at the top of the list again when there are so many good ones that could be there.

Only you have the right to put the comment there and only you have the right to remove it.
Would you please consider taking that comment off Kind Regards June