“Great hospitality, clean and fresh and lovely tasty breakfast.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dargaville
Awakino Point Boutique Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dargaville
tauranga
“Great hospitality, clean and fresh and lovely tasty breakfast.”
Reviewed January 20, 2010

We stayed at theAwakino Point motel recently and found it to be a very relaxing stay. The motel was clean and tidy, the breakfast delicious and the hosts friendly and obliging.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
auckland
Reviewed January 1, 2010

Awakino Point Boutique Motel is a Nice place with nice people – just what this travel weary couple needed. After the long trip thru the Kauri forest of Waipoua, we needed quiet and peace and space to stretch out. Our unit had just been refurbished and this helped to make us feel at home. We also just loved our breakfast, delivered personally by our hostess in the morning. The home-made marmalade was “the Best” The next day we went on to Matakohe Kauri Museum which is only about 30minutes from Awakino Point. That was an amazing visit too. We spent hours there. Don’t miss it!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Auckland
Reviewed April 14, 2009

Overpriced motel with original 1980's decor complete with glamatex ceilings. Very disappointing breakfast of canned fruit, packet cereal and white toast.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
3shelly3, Owner at Awakino Point Boutique Motel, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
I would like to thank you for staying at Awakino Point Boutique Motel Dargaville New Zealand

I know that it's quite a while since you stayed here in Dargaville. but I have just decided to do a paid advert with trip advisor, the previous listing was a free one. This has helped me find my way around the site and enabled me to be able to respond your comments.

It is very disappointing when a poor review pops up because one feels so helpless as there is no course of action open to me except to take your remarks on board and try to fix the prioblem.

I always take comments from our guests seriously and take action when it's a valid comment.
Since you stayed three years ago all three units have been refurbished and upgraded.

The free breakfast trolley now contains 3 cereal, yogurt, juice,fruit, whole grain toast, small jars of home made marmalade and other spreads together with a plunger sachet of coffee.

I am not at all sure if I was hosting you at the time or if I was away and my stand in was caring for you. April 3 years ago was about the time I had health problems and had to take time out.

It a long way down the track to say " I am sorry " but I can assure you I am, as it hurts me every time I go on the site to see your comment is back at the top of the list again when there are so many good ones that could be there.

Only you have the right to put the comment there and only you have the right to remove it.
Would you please consider taking that comment off Kind Regards June