We were in France for 2 weeks and stayed the first 4 nights at Cordeillan Bages. In retrospect, it was probably the best overall of all the places we stayed (including Trianon Palace and the George V) The reason I say this is the overall level of service, the location, and the restaurant/food.
We booked our stay thru the properties sister company, Bordeaux Saveurs.
The rooms are modern and a bit stark, but comfortable. There was a flat screen TV and in room safe, but no mini bar.
We had an upgraded terrace room. Our friends had the same room, but their bath was much larger. Unfortunately, I think the hotel had a flood during all the recent rains and there was a slight mildew smell in their room. The hotel did try to help and offered to move them.
We had continental breakfast included everday, and it was fantastic. They have a stake in the bakery in the local Village called Au Baba Du Andrea, and the pasteries are amazing. The best we had on our whole trip. The bfast can be taken in a sun room or they will bring it to you. It also included fresh local yogurt annd fruits which changed daily. This was all far superior to even the George V. The other restaurant choices (that they own) are:
The Cafe Lavinal, also in the village and a short walk. Good, simple bistro food. I am still thinking about the Poulet and Frites. Celine is the proprietress and speaks excellent english.
The gourmet restaurant at the Hotel is pricey, but worth it. The Chef, Thierry Marx, is 2 star and was just named France's chef of the year. We ate there twice. The food was phenomenal and the service first rate. They have a great cheese cart and even better chocolate cart!
All in all, if you are looking for a relais style hotel in a great Bordeaux location, Cordiellan Bages can't be beat. We will definitely go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the route of the châteaux, close to Château Lynch-Bages, grand cru classé of Pauillac, this 17th century charterhouse invites you to discover true art de vivre. Around a garden, the bright guestrooms with their muted, timeless décor, the pool, the sauna and the terraces near the vineyards create a haven of well-being. In the dining room, Chef refines the products of the South West and proposes a delightful dialogue between a contemporary cuisine and the Bordeaux grand crus. Visits to châteaux, tasting classes, elaboration of own wine, strolling with the family in the village... Share the savoir-vivre of Epicurean Médoc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, World Independent Hotel Promotion and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Chateau Cordeillan-Bages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Cordeillan-Bages Hotel Pauillac
- Chateau Cordeillan Bages Pauillac