Sami Abdulrahman Park
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Good Place For Enjoy In Your Free Times

A good place for enjoy free time and beside of it the running area is amazing at any time, hope you... read more

Reviewed May 25, 2023
zakarya_husaen
Erbil, Iraq
The best area to spend lovley time in Erbil

Special area in Erbil to visit Lovley green spaces with kids zoon Ridding horses avvailable Bike... read more

Reviewed May 11, 2023
GhazalMhanna
Erbil, Iraq
via mobile

All reviews picnic track middle trees capital lakes
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2017

this nice garden full with tree and flowers, and nice and glorious smell, really I love that place with my family specially my daughter love the simple game.

Reviewed May 4, 2017

It is an old city
you can buy everything there, it is a market ( shoes, clothes, mobile phones, nuts)

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank MohamedH10541
Reviewed May 2, 2017

I have just returned from a week long adventure in Iraqi Kurdistan and I have happy to report that I had a great time. This region of the country is very safe and secure. Of course the wider region has significant problems and you are aware of these but an no time did I feel even remotely in danger, in fact quite the opposite. The Kurds are very welcoming and friendly, they want to show off the best aspects of their historic and fascinating land. I used Karwan Wahed as a guide for a few days and he want excellent. Please don't let the name "Iraq" put you off visiting this land, it will really surprise you.

5  Thank JohnJo1234
Reviewed April 19, 2017

I've just returned from a two week holiday to Kurdistan region.

Some general info for this region for people thinking on visiting:

VISA on arrival for EU countries: 15 days free visa (no registration needed within these days)
Super safe country (Kurdistan can be considered as a de facto independent country within Iraq) felt much safer then main European cities
Capital is Erbil/Arbil/Hawler: accomodation possible from 15USD to 300+USD for single room
People are very open and enthousiastic to visitors; but they will not bother you when you don't need help (my personal experience)
Natural beauty is amazing (especially the north between Amedi and Rawanduz - personal preference)
Roads are good for driving yourself - signs are always arabic/english (drivers are not as crazy as in other parts in ME; when passing me with the bike they left at least two meters space when possible)
IS/Daesh is nowhere to be found in the Kurdistan region, no bombs spotted either
hotels are to be found in every city; prices for a basic single room start from 15USD (smaller cities it can be harder; one time I slept in a mosque in a small village in the north)
English speaken locals can be found in almost every corner of the country. If you need something just ask around and it will take people maximum 15minutes to find someone to translate for you (my experience)
police is said not to be corrupt and I did not encounter any problem with officials
if you're looking for a professional and trustful english speaking tourguide: google or facebook Karwan Wahed
If you are doubting because of security reasons, don't; just go!

5  Thank thomascB8708HB
Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

Nice Park, the biggest in Erbil , if you live here then it is nice place to have a run in the morning or early evening , and off course depends on season, it could be nice place to visit for couple hours in the weekend. Saying that, it is not a tourist attraction really , it is large green space in the city but nothing special, so I give it 3 stars .

Date of experience: December 2016