“Officially my favorite ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Erbil Rotana

and 1 more site!
Erbil Rotana
Ranked #1 of 66 Hotels in Erbil
Sulaimania, As Sulaymaniyah, Iraq
“Officially my favorite ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Not only does this place have amazing rooms, staff, and restaurants, but this hotel saved my life. Not lying. I had a medical emergency while staying here and two directors (Abdulrahman and Bashar) accompanied me and my friend to a hospital and stayed to make sure I got the care I needed. I have never experienced customer service to this degree. I am a Rotana customer for life now.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rachel R
ErbilRotana, General Manager at Erbil Rotana, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Ms. Rachel R,

We would like to thank you very much for visiting Erbil Rotana.

We really appreciate your feedback and we wish you are feeling better, taking care of our costumers is our priority and that is the least we could have done as we always treat our customers as family.

Thank you once again for the time taken to write and it will be pleasure to welcome you to Erbil Rotana again.

Best regards,

Thomas Touma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights, on the first & last night in Iraq. This was my first time to Iraq so didn't know what to expect, but had the most stressfree airport arrival and immigration experience into a brand new spanking airport in Erbil, past baggage claim looked up with the hotel representative from Rotana behind the desk, and a short ride later was @ the Rotana. Check in was fast enough, a request for a 4 pm late check out was a quick no fuss ok.
My 1st room was modern and had a view of the pool, the 2nd room faced the road and park, and was a but noiser. Was pleasantly surprised to find a pair of nice padded slippers, wifi worked even though it was expensive (considering wifi in all the other hotels I stayed at in the rest of Iraq was free). Tried the food at Basilico & Flavours, both were decent, but Al Bustan was definitely their best restaurant both in terms of food & service.
I didn't appreciate that only two small bottles of water were given for free at this price point (I had to pay outrageous prices for the exta 4 bottles I requested). Also both times upon checkout, the prearranged car was 15 minutes late.
Overall a decent hotel from the service to room to restaurants. This hotel is not close by town though, but otherwise no doubt the best hotel in Northern Iraq.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Anilegna
ErbilRotana, General Manager at Erbil Rotana, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for your comments about Erbil Rotana. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, which encouraging us to work harder in order to deliver the five star service at all times.

Reaching your expectations is why we are here. Hoping in welcoming you back to Erbil Rotana in the near future

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I spent this week here for "business" and is one of the best hotels I have stayed at. This is my second time here. The rooms are spacious, clean, and very comfy. I would probably want a shower curtain for the bath, really don't like water sprayed on the floor, so I always used the cubicle!.

I was provided a check-in at the club on the 12th floor and the staff went out of their way to find me a room as soon as possible. I thank them for that.

Food was really good, whether in-room or the one on the mezzanine floor. The chef made excellent omelettes. If I was not watching my weight and cholesterol, I would have ordered more! I was put up on the 6th floor, but I suppose you getter a better view of the large park, if you are further up on the 10th floor or so. The hotel is situated slightly away from the town, I felt, and I like it, as it is really not in the middle of the crowd.

There was security at the hotel, but it did not feel overbearing. They made me feel comfortable as well.

I would like to go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pillaia
ErbilRotana, General Manager at Erbil Rotana, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Sir,

let me first take the opportunity to thank you for staying in Erbil Rotana during your most recent visit to Erbil.
It's an honor to receive such positive feedback on our hotel and staff. It is a true honor to know that you have enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations. I shall share your comments with all my colleagues.
Hoping to welcome you back in the near future.

Huntingdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Spent a few nights here for "business" and must say that it is a gem of a hotel! The rooms were tidy, clean and comfortable and the bed was magnificent!

The bathroom was also exceptionally clean and well appointed and looked "new".

There are a number of restaurants onsite, we mainly ate on the Mezzanine floor and couldnt fault the wide selection of great food on offer! We also ate at Al Bustan and again, couldnt fault the seemingly never ending supply of food! As far as catering goes, this place is pretty damned good!

The staff were also amazing! Nothing was too much effort and you were always made to feel important! Their attitude towards you as a quest was great!

Probably most important for most people is that the hotel is secure with its own armed guards.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mailmannz
ErbilRotana, General Manager at Erbil Rotana, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Sir,

First and for most let me thank you for taking the time to give us your input.

It is a great pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your time in our premises and that your experience was an excellent one.

Such positive comments from guests makes us strive to always meet your expectations, guest feedback is the key to our success.

Sir, I really look forward to welcome you back at your new home Erbil Rotana.

Yours Sincerely,
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed here for business in June and found it a very good all round hotel. The food was above average and the breakfast selection was absolutely massive, I think they must of covered for literally ever type of combination that you could of wanted.
Room service was good and pretty quick. The road outside is pretty busy but you don't notice the noise.
The rooms are very good and spacious, tidy, clean and very comfortable, I took advantage of the large baths that they have and had a good soak.
The staff are very helpful and courteous and most speak quite good English. The bar is pleasant and on Fridays the do a Pizza and beer evening for $20...pretty good value.
All in all I would recommend this hotel whether you were traveling for busy or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank hoff1205
Dear Sir
First I would like to thank you for choosing Erbil Rotana Hotel, We truly appreciate your positive comments. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Such positive comments from guests are a morale booster for the whole team.

Sir, I would like as well to thank you for recommending our hotel.
Hope to welcome you again in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

At the time of writing this most international hotels are still under construction in Erbil however the Rotana is available. I have stayed in several Rotana hotels around the Middle East but this one by far is a 5 star compared what are more the 3 - 4 star level. The hotel is modern, with spacious fully equipped rooms and is located on the edge of the city. Prices per room are not cheap at around US$220 per night which does not include breakfast and surprisingly for a business hotel it also does not include free wifi. At check in I decided to upgrade to the Rotana Club which for a few dollars more gives you the usual benefits of free breakfast, wifi and additional refreshments. The staffs are all friendly and willing to help. Overall a great hotel worthy of a high standard in any city and especially Erbil

Room Tip: Go for the fully inclusive Club option
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Simon G
ErbilRotana, General Manager at Erbil Rotana, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Erbil Rotana.

My team and I were very pleased to know that your time spent with us was a treasured one.
I forwarded your comments to our team members and they were very pleased to know that you
Have enjoyed your stay with us, and that we have succeeded in meeting your expectations.

Sir, I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back amongst us in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Raymond, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in the Rotana 150 days in 2013 and I will be going back. The people are really great...friendly and helpful. You have a great verity of food and things to do at the hotel. Again the staff really make for a great experience. I would highly recommend staying at Rotana to anyone that is planning a trip to Erbil, Iraq.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank rprice1062
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for your nice review on Trip Advisor.

Please rest assured that we at Erbil Rotana always do our outmost to exceed our esteemed guest’s expectations. Your comments show that we have succeeded in doing that, which makes us very pleased.

Sir, I look forward to welcoming you back at Erbil Rotana.

Yours sincerely,