“Excellent service and staff who go out of ther way to help”
Review of Erbil Rotana

Erbil Rotana
Ranked #1 of 66 Hotels in Erbil
Tokyo
“Excellent service and staff who go out of ther way to help”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Was staying as part of a holiday weekend exploring Kurdistan. Very welcoming and friendly staff. Rooms spotlessly clean and with excellent facilities, as well as facilities you would expect in a 5 star.

Food in the Bond bar was excellent - go for the burger! The breakfast restaurant food was of good quality, but seemed to lack some of the basics in an international hot breakfast.

Staff ready to help in any way - we got stuck at a checkpoint reentering Erbil city one night, having been exploring the amazing countryside, as one of the group left their passport at the hotel. The hotel staff sent the passport to us at the checkpoint, as well as a bottle of cold water for everyone!

All in all superb service. If you get the chance visit Kurdistan - amazing scenery, friendly people and good service at the Rotana if staying there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TokyoDMac
ErbilRotana, General Manager at Erbil Rotana, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear sir,

It is always a pleasure to welcome you during your visits to Erbil. We are truly thankful for your positive comments on our team and services. I’m very glad to hear that our team assisted you through the check point issue; be assured that we will continuously work hard to make your stay with us a comfortable one. Meeting your expectations is why we are here.
We certainly look forward to welcome you back in the near future

Erbil Rotana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Nice modern hotel with superb rooms. Rotana was recommended to me by my colleagues and I was happy with the choice. The room was very clean and "functional" with hot water, safe and many other necessities which one would expect from a 5-star hotel. Out of several restaurants I have chosen an Italian restaurant and had one of the most amazing meals in a long time. Way to go Erbil! For a moment I forgot I was in Iraq thanks to this beautiful hotel. At the lobby there was an ATM where you could withdraw cash in Iraqi Dinars and USD which is quite convenient. The only disappointment was a very slow checkout process, I think it took 40 minutes to pay my bill. For more information visit alextravelblog.com

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Alex F
Dear Sir

We are glad that we have reached your satisfaction. Our team will continuously work on making you feel at home. Such positive comments are a morale boost for the whole team and for that we are thankful to you, it was and will always be a pleasure having you stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Oldham Manchester
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very nice located Hotel in the heart of Erbil,
Rooms are very nice and large,
3 restaurantes one which is a bar aswell.
Food is expensive and beverages are also you can pay up to $10 for a coffee and a beer is $12 .
the food is nice the burgers in the bond bar down stairs are really nice
the Italian rest on the 1st floor is ok but i think it is ver rated in terms of quality of food and the price of a bottle of wine

The hotel does have a gym which is ok also a indoor pool and spa area
there is a outdoor pool which is free for hotel users but if you come from outside the hotel there is a charge of $50

overall a good hotel if you are on business , or if you are travelling there are more affordable hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nick L
Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Erbil Rotana , We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, Such comments makes us strive to always meets your expectations, We appreciate your comments on our hotel, Your feedback is the key to our success. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I've worked in Erbil for 15 months and over that time have eaten at most of the restaurants in town. Without question the best burger is in the Bond Bar on the ground level of the Rotana and you can pair that with the best beer available in Iraq: Krombacher Dark on draft. It's a great combination for a homesick American. But there are three additional restaurants in the Rotana, all excellent. Flavours is the most complete and varied buffet available anywhere. Basilico is simply the best restaurant of any kind within a 100 mile radius, possessing a top tier Italian chef.
Al Bustan is wonderful if you seek Lebanese cuisine - and a delightful surprise if you are not too sure about it at first (as I was). We regularly place company executives in the Rotana, both for the quality of the rooms and excellence of the food. If your travels bring you to Erbil, you cannot
go wrong at the Rotana.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ras828
Dear sir

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to thank you for the positive remarks on our Restaurants and food quality. Achieving your satisfaction is our main target. We truly appreciate the positive comments you extended about Erbil Rotana. We will ensure to maintain a five star hospitality level and we look forward to welcoming you again to Erbil Rotana.

Kabul, Afghanistan
Reviewed July 25, 2013

If someone would have told me in 2007, when I departed Baghdad, that six years later, I would arrive in a well-organized airport, and drive to a true 5-star hotel in a clean taxi, I would have laughed hysterically. But here it is. The Rotana Hotel goes out of its way to make your stay pleasant. The breakfast buffet offers a wide variety of offerings, to include an omelette station. The gym is clean and offers a variety of cardio and weight equipment. However, the Zen Spa was my personal favorite: I am still pondering what was the best--the post-flight Swedish massage, the Thai massage, or the pre-flight reflexology. The mattress was comfortable and the bed had four pillows! Room service was fast, the food was hot and equivalent to what you would find in one of the five restaurants on the premises.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank lsroades
ErbilRotana, P.A.Of General Manager at Erbil Rotana, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying with us at Erbil Rotana and for taking the time to give your input.

It is a great pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your time in our premises and that your stay experience was an excellent one.

My team and I were very pleased to know that your time spent with us was a treasured one.

Sir let me thank you again for rating us as an excellent hotel. I really look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you soon in your home away from home Erbil Rotana.

Yours sincerely,

P.A.Of General Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here on a 3 day business trip from Dubai. I was on a recce for a seminar location in Erbil also.

Little touches like the concierge giving me some money out of his wallet when I needed Dinars for a cab and Jane offering me advice on my seminar when looking at the rooms were excellent.

The restaurants were good and I sampled Basilico for a business dinner and whilst not amazing, I was impressed considering it's an Italian restaurant in Iraq and when we went downstairs to Bonds afterwards there was a pleasing selection of cigars and whisky.

The all-day dining Flavours had a large buffet for lunch although I was slightly let down by the breakfast there as the hash browns were rubbish. Sad I know, but I love a hash brown.....

The room was immaculate with nothing broken or out of place and the view out over the park was much better than I expected from a trip to Kurdistan.

I'm quite sure that more seasoned Erbil visitors may have a cheaper suggestion for accommodation but for a novice wanting to play the safe option, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Stu_Magoo83
ErbilRotana, Manager at Erbil Rotana, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear sir,

I would first like to take this opportunity in thanking you for choosing Erbil Rotana.

I truly appreciate your high rating. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel

We at Erbil Rotana are always keen on our staff standards, I shall share your comments with my colleagues and I am sure that it will make them smile knowing that they were part of making your stay with us enjoyable.

Sir, positive comments on our hotel is a highly booster , it is one of the main key's to a continuous success.

I thank you again for taking the time to write your comments and Looking forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

P.A. for General Manager
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This Hotel has risen out of many hotels that have been around since long war in Iraq. The only difference it is a true 5 Star hotel offering the luxurious accommodation restaurants and health Club, Pool, coffee shop, banquet halls and exclusive shopping arcade.
For too long the other hotels have dined on their bad services and the intrepid traveler had to put up with it and pay the exuberant pricing. No more you pay for the comfort in Iraq finally you wont regret the change of standards now a long lost memories welcome to the 21st Century Iraq. Thank you the Rotana for giving us quality

Room Tip: get a room facing the the park the higher the better