“Very Good”

Ranked #1 of 66 Hotels in Erbil
Istanbul, Turkey
“Very Good”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

The only one real international standarts hotel in the city. Very good staff, a very good Lebanese restaurant, big and nice lobby, small but nice executive club with free food & beverages. As they are the only one in the city at those standarts, price is a bit high. Safety is very good as well. Clean and modern rooms.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
ErbilRotana, Manager at Erbil Rotana, responded to this review, June 19, 2011
We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us! We at Erbil Rotana are always keen on our staff,standards, and safety to assure that you and all our other guests have a pleasurable experience. Hoping that you stay with us in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Colleyville
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I recommend this hotel for anyone traveling here on business. It's clean, comfortable and has the amenities you'd expect in this price range (thought the fitness center/spa were still a few weeks from being complete). I thought the food in the restaurants was very good and service was sincere and attentive, though it's clear staff is still learning the hospitality trade in this new property. Always annoys me when I have to pay for internet service. It's easy to give that away these days and I don't understand why hotels don't just roll it into room price...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
ErbilRotana, Manager at Erbil Rotana, responded to this review, June 11, 2011
We truly thank you for your feedback. I would like to inform you that the hotel gym is now operational and you can enjoy accessing it during your next visit. Hoping that your upcoming visit to Erbil and our hotel is in the near future. Please do not hesitate if you need any assistance for your next visit.
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I stayed at the Hotel Rotana in Erbil for 3 days having traveled to the city on business.

The hotel is beautifully designed with very clean and comfortable rooms. My room was perfectly suited for a business visit and included a office desk and chair. The bathroom-toilet was big and had a separate shower enclosure.

I did not require to use the internet (as I accessed it on my black berry through the mobile network) but as I understand Wifi is not free.

The staff were very attentive and service was top notch. Every time I called up room service I had someone come over within minutes.

The hotel has a 3 restaurants. "Flavours", the 24 hour restaurant, was the only one I used. The food was very good with a big buffet for breakfast and dinner.

The hotel is located not too far from the airport (under 10 mins drive). I highly recommend the hotel to anyone travelling to Erbil.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank BrendanDS
ErbilRotana, Manager at Erbil Rotana, responded to this review, June 11, 2011
It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback on our staff'sattentiveness and restaurant. This will make us strive to make your future stays with us more comfortable. Hoping in welcoming you back in the near future.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Just back from a 2 day stay at the 5 star Erbil Rotana. Not sure if it matches up to 5 star hotels across the rest of the Middle East, particularly in the UAE that are in the same price bracket, however.

Check in was a little frustrating, despite having made a reservation and having confirmed the reservation by telephone the day before travelling, they still had to struggle to find an available room for me, eventually giving me a twin room which wasn't what I wanted.

Nevertheless, the room was very clean, very modern and the bathroom in particular was very impressive. No wifi in the rooms but internet by cable connection is available, albeit very expensive. All the plug sockets are of the 2 pin variety and for some reason the adaptor I have successfully used on every other trip didn't work. The hotel has some available but it was only after several requests over 2 days that I managed to get one.

The beds are comfortable enough, but the room can get quite stuffy without the air conditioning. Unfortunately, the air conditioning is quite loud when on constantly, and when set to 'auto', it woke me up a few times when it kicked in briefly. No iron in the room either to give my shirts a quick once over when unpacking them from my suitcase.

The breakfast in the Flavours all day buffet restaurant was excellent, massive selection. I also had dinner there twice which was just above average. Again, a big selection but nothing that stood out. There was a slight moment of embarrassment when I tried to select an item of fruit from the fruit bowl next to the dessert section, only to find it was plastoc and for display purposes only. I think they could find a better location for their fake dragon fruit...

Overall, an enjoyable and stress-free short visit and would be my hotel of choice next time I travel to Erbil.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank SlimVW
ErbilRotana, Manager at Erbil Rotana, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
Thank you for staying with us during your last trip to Erbil.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused during the check in procedure. Please rest assured that we are taking certain steps to resolve this.
We appreciate it, for sharing your comments with us to further improve our standards.
Looking forward in welcoming you back in the near future.