Our trip had a very positive start as we were picked up with friends in an outstanding limo by Lomas travel. There was no champagne but cold beer was available for purchase. It was a smooth ride and we arrived at HBR in about 1.5 hours.
We were warmly greeted but were taken without explanation to a room a category below what we had paid for and reserved. It took almost 24 hours to get into the correct room. We were compensated by a massage and a small amount of cash but this definitely did not set a great tone for the start of the trip. We found out later that this had happened for 3!!! nights to another couple on a previous trip.
The resort itself is beautiful, intimate and comfortable. The food service was impeccable! The breakfasts and lunches were great--varied and very good. There was a very limited room service menu between meals. We found the dinners a bit variable in quality.
It seemed that the staff was given instruction to constantly have music emanating from the central pool area. Many of the guests commented that it would have been nice to just listen to the ocean once in a while. This was especially true for couples paying top dollar for a massage just behind speakers blaring "cheeseburger in paradise".
As in all of the clothing optional resorts we have visited, the other guests made the trip. It is easy to meet others and develop friendships if you are so inclined. For example, we serendipitously ran into a couple whom we had met on a recent Bare-necessities cruise. He was celebrating a landmark birthday and it was fun to share it with them.
The jacuzzi was nice--a social afternoon gathering place with great drink service. The service and responsiveness were great, the quality of the drinks has suffered a bit. The house wines were mediocre. There was a purchased wine list but the prices were very inflated-- over 6X the purchase price in the states.
There is no bar area to gather around before dinner--the only bars are in the disco and a swim up pool bar. This is a disadvantage if the weather is cool or rainy.
After a few nights the staff reluctantly changed the music in the disco to fit the demographics of the group (40-60). The entertainment should be closely supervised by managment to fit the demographics and tastes of the guests at such a small resort.
All in all we had a wonderful time in a very speciall place. Will we go back? We will probably rely on reports by friends to see if critical cchanges are made, but we will certainly consider it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is the only luxurious all-inclusive nudist resort in the Mexican Caribbean. Consisting of 42 beachfront suites, it is a secluded adults only property, perfect for couples and singles alike. Located just one hour and a half south of Cancun Airport, Hidden Beach Resort lies on a stretch of white sand beach offering spectacular views of the Mexican Caribbean sea. Hidden Beach blends signature services such as personalized check-in with a welcome glass of champagne or the exclusive concierge service with charming architecture to create an atmosphere of understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hidden Beach Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Beach Resort - Au Naturel Club Hotel Riviera Maya
- Hidden Beach Mexico
- Hidden Beach Hotel Au Naturel