My husband and I now call this trip “transformative”. This was our first trip to HBR as well as our first nudist experience. We spent a lot of time researching in advance of booking anything and what we experienced was even better than our most optimistic expectations. In short, we are cashing in all of our vacation time for next year on return trips to this resort and would return sooner if possible.
Being a female and having more hang ups about my body than my husband (although he has his own), I was quite nervous about going. However, (just as others have written) within 30 min of disrobing, you don’t even notice you’re naked anymore. Both staff and the other guests were very welcoming and because it’s a small property, it makes it very easy to get to know everyone. By the time you leave, you’re giving hugs and exchanging email addresses. It was the most freeing experience I have ever had in all of my life. I am a lot less self-conscious about my body than I have ever been and now spend a lot more time at home semi to totally naked. This is a nice safe environment within which to try a nude vacation.
We arrived on 5/24/14 and departed on 5/28/14. Beware of the help from the airport staff, they’re really only there to sell you something, avoid them as you will only be delayed in starting your vacation. Once we finally found our transport people we took the 1:20 minute trip to the hotel (next time we will splurge for a private care, it’s worth it). Upon arrival we checked in and were escorted to our room all without incident and as expected.
The room was plenty spacious and everything was very nice, no complaints beyond some alternating hot/cold during showers. I would highly recommend that you bring water shoes if you want to walk into the water on the beach. It’s too rough for bare feet but if you’re just there to relax, you probably won’t care. While tipping is not expected, what seems to be the norm with the guests is to tip your favorite people in cash when you leave. Wages are poor down in Mexico so this helps them out tremendously.
The food was very good and while you could walk to El Dorado next door for additional food options, we mostly opted to stay on the HBR side. There was a stark difference between the friendliness of that side versus the HBR side. There are no strangers at Hidden Beach but we couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge us when we had greeted them in the El Dorado resort. That just made Hidden Beach seem all the more comfortable and inviting.
My one complaint is that there were a couple times when guests from the El Dorado side made their way onto the HB side and gawked, but other guests ran them off.. It would be nice if they improved the prevention of this kind of thing, but overall it did not happen much for it to be a major issue.
In summary and to essentially repeat myself, the experience was fantastic and we cannot wait to return. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is the only luxurious all-inclusive nudist resort in the Mexican Caribbean. Consisting of 42 beachfront suites, it is a secluded adults only property, perfect for couples and singles alike. Located just one hour and a half south of Cancun Airport, Hidden Beach Resort lies on a stretch of white sand beach offering spectacular views of the Mexican Caribbean sea. Hidden Beach blends signature services such as personalized check-in with a welcome glass of champagne or the exclusive concierge service with charming architecture to create an atmosphere of understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hidden Beach Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Beach Resort - Au Naturel Club Hotel Riviera Maya
- Hidden Beach Mexico
- Hidden Beach Hotel Au Naturel