We are just back from 11 days at HBR 5/3 to 5/14 2014. This was our second trip and we decided to return for the 11th Anniversary party. Our travel agent took care of reservations and provided transportation to and from HBR as part of the package. We thought the Lincoln Navigator was cool on our last visit. We were very surprised when the stretch limo was our transportation this time. What a way to start and end a vacation! The only way to travel.
So what is so great about HBR?
(Wait staff) Aniceto, Jesus, Angel and Galdino. They are the most friendly and attentive. Within a very short the know your name even if its your first visit. At times when we asked for something not on the menu or did not want part of the meal it was no trouble. (Pool Bar) there was Carlos excellent service and a great sense of humor, Jasmin would circulate between the bar and beach taking your drink orders.
(Front office and reception) America most helpful in all matters.
The resort is kept exceptionally clean everywhere and maintained. Of note the buildings had a new coat of paint since our last visit in October 2013. Rooms are cleaned daily and everything in working order.
All meals was very good. Breakfast and lunch can be a-la-cart or ordered. The portion sizes are moderate which I prefer. If you wish more just ask. Lunch is also available by the pool-side grill. Grilled seafood, chicken, steak, burgers and salads. Their soup each day was a must for me. Additional dining in the evening is available next door. There are Mexican, Italian, Asian Fusion, International and a Pub.
The 11th anniversary was celebrated with a sit down dinner poolside. In addition a pastry table and pudding deserts. The entertainment was provided during dinner and later in the moonlight palapa. Being a veterans of many GL Braco anniversary parties we can say HBR was excellent.
There are several daily activities, pool volleyball occurring the most. The rules are few the ball can be hit many times before it crosses the net. Having fun being the prime objective. For the anniversary there was a Staff vs the Guest volleyball game, best of three. The staff won: my sides hurt from laughing so much, and I was only watching.
The gym is air conditioned, bottled water and towels on hand. Not that I ever used it, there is a scale in the gym.
I managed to finish three books with naps included. Evening entertainment occurs at the moonlight palapa. Live music, DJ or some kind of party. Moderate attendance most nights. Don’t know what you are looking for from a resort these are our priorities. Hope you have a good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is the only luxurious all-inclusive nudist resort in the Mexican Caribbean. Consisting of 42 beachfront suites, it is a secluded adults only property, perfect for couples and singles alike. Located just one hour and a half south of Cancun Airport, Hidden Beach Resort lies on a stretch of white sand beach offering spectacular views of the Mexican Caribbean sea. Hidden Beach blends signature services such as personalized check-in with a welcome glass of champagne or the exclusive concierge service with charming architecture to create an atmosphere of understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hidden Beach Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Beach Resort - Au Naturel Club Hotel Riviera Maya
- Hidden Beach Mexico
- Hidden Beach Hotel Au Naturel