My wife and I just returned from a 5-day trip to Hidden Beach, taken on the advice of several of our friends in clothing-optional lifestyle.
As most other reviewers have noted, the staff and service are excellent. Given the size of the facility the staff are able to personalize service and really do go out of their way to be accommodating. If you need it all you have to do is ask - they'll do their best to provide it. The staff quickly learn your names and preferences and often have your food or beverage of choice ready to serve you. Additionally, everyone is quick with an "Hola!" and and a smile.
We preferred to have breakfast and lunch at Hidden Beach and then visit El Dorado Resort (right next door) for dinner. Breakfast and lunch are very good - with an ample mix of Mexican/Caribbean cuisine. Dinners were also generally very good, with the restaurants having more ambiance and a more up-scale approach. We heard raves about the food in the new Gourmet Pub and, while it was good, the menu is a bit confusing (they seem to be going for a tapas bar approach with small samples of lots of things - beware or you'll end up ordering way too much food). Other than for dinner we didn't visit El Dorado except to pick up some gifts and to visit the spa for a look-see.
We tend to enjoy relaxing on the beach and having low-key time during the day and ramping up the activity level at night (we both LOVE to dance). The beach on either end of HB is very small, very rocky in the surf, but still serviceable. Palapas and chairs are plentiful and the beach-side service of Esperanza is excellent. If you want to participate in the pool-side activities the walk is short, the other guests welcoming, and the staff enthusiastic. We spent a little time in both spots (beach and pool-side) each day and enjoyed ourselves - no complaints.
Arriving on 10/31, we brought costumes for a Halloween Party. While the crowd was very small (25 people at the most) those in attendance seemed to be in the spirit of thing. Other evenings were not so well attended and tended to wind down quickly. The DJ gladly took requests as I tried to keep the energy up. The size of the space certainly lends itself to a larger crowd; however, they are in need of many more tables and chairs to socialize around. Additionally, the large stage screams to be filled with a great local salsa band. As others have noted, the night life and entertainment could use a little more attention. Of course, if you're not looking for late nights then you'll be perfectly happy. It depends on your expectations.
We would recommend getting a private transfer from Cancun Airport to the resort. From an earlier trip we've learned that if the shuttle is having to make lots of stops along the way the trip down and back can take a while. We had excellent service from Lomas Travel and recommend them.
In summary: The service, staff, and facilities are top-notch. The food and beverages are very good, with more variety and ambiance during dinner at the adjacent El Dorado Resort. Your opinion of the night life will depend on what you're looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is the only luxurious all-inclusive nudist resort in the Mexican Caribbean. Consisting of 42 beachfront suites, it is a secluded adults only property, perfect for couples and singles alike. Located just one hour and a half south of Cancun Airport, Hidden Beach Resort lies on a stretch of white sand beach offering spectacular views of the Mexican Caribbean sea. Hidden Beach blends signature services such as personalized check-in with a welcome glass of champagne or the exclusive concierge service with charming architecture to create an atmosphere of understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hidden Beach Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Beach Resort - Au Naturel Club Hotel Riviera Maya
- Hidden Beach Mexico
- Hidden Beach Hotel Au Naturel