What a wonderful vacation. We were there November 3-17, 2007.
The resort has changed a little bit since we were there in March, 2005. They’ve installed large Jacuzzi tubs in the rooms and the beach is even smaller than before Hurricane Wilma. They now have lots of free standing umbrellas around the pool and many more beach palapas. The gym was closed for renovations, but it looks like they may have it open again soon. There is no longer a gift shop on the property – you have to go next door to Eldorado if you want/need to buy something.
Service was excellent – room was well kept and the towel art was awesome. Waiters Aniceto, Jesus and Galdino all remembered us from before. Esperanza and Sergio at the bar were great and Carla and Jerry with activities were a lot of fun. These people are one of the things that make Hidden Beach so special. They go out of their way to make sure you are happy and pampered.
The food was very good however, a few changes since our last visit. They now have buffet only dinner on Monday night and the breakfast and lunch menus are smaller (but still, you certainly don’t go hungry or want for anything). On the plus side, they have a lobster menu every night (except Monday). Also, lunch choices from the grill were plentiful and delicious. We were only able to get coconut ice cream once. It goes fast there. The chocolate, strawberry and vanilla were delicious too.
The one thing I’m going to complain about is the singer at dinner. Her partner is very good but she is soooo off key. They do the same songs every night and at an extremely high volume level. Other entertainment was good such as regional dancers and fire dancers. Never made it up to the disco for the late evening festivities – just not our thing.
When we checked out at Eldorado next door very early Saturday morning, they were serving coffees, pastries, fruits and such to those awaiting the shuttles. Had we known that we wouldn’t have bothered getting a continental breakfast from room service. Oh well, good to know for our next trip. All in all, it was a most relaxing and enjoyable trip. We give it a 9.75 out of 10!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is the only luxurious all-inclusive nudist resort in the Mexican Caribbean. Consisting of 42 beachfront suites, it is a secluded adults only property, perfect for couples and singles alike. Located just one hour and a half south of Cancun Airport, Hidden Beach Resort lies on a stretch of white sand beach offering spectacular views of the Mexican Caribbean sea. Hidden Beach blends signature services such as personalized check-in with a welcome glass of champagne or the exclusive concierge service with charming architecture to create an atmosphere of understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hidden Beach Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Beach Resort - Au Naturel Club Hotel Riviera Maya
- Hidden Beach Mexico
- Hidden Beach Hotel Au Naturel