Book In Advance

from $89.99
from $119.99
from $139.00
9,581 results
All reviews lazy river cliff jumping sea trek extra activities zip bike natural water park mayan cave zip line inner tubes the mexican restaurant snorkel gear food and drinks ropes course swimming with dolphins rope swing theme park photo package
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

It’s a great way to spend the day, good snorkeling and a neat little lazy river. The only negative I can think of is the food was terrible, typical greasy buffet food which we really couldn’t eat, and a few staff were a little less then friendly, nevertheless, we still enjoyed it.

1  Thank kyle b
Reviewed 2 days ago

What a great place . The water park is very big and lots of things to do . It is a one stop shop . They have great food and service to add to the day . A must go.

1  Thank sawyerrj79
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

What an amazing day out at Xel-ha! We booked tickets over 21 days in advance on their website to save 15%, really good value at £62 each (without transportation). The price includes all food, drink, towels, locker, snorkel, flippers and life jacket.
We made our own way taking collectivo from our hotel to Xel-ha which worked for us but it's quite a walk from the Highway to entrance so may not be for everyone. As advised by reviews on here we arrived early, ie 9.30am before the park got too busy.
We picked a locker and picked up our snorkel gear (the mask is pre-used but mouth piece is new and yours to keep). Then made our way straight to the train that takes you to start of lazy river but you can also walk or cycle. There are one or 2 seater rings available and you set off down the river passing through mangroves which was other worldly and I loved it. There are plenty of stop off points along the river with steps to get out and put your ring, for a rest or for snorkelling or take in the views. Next is the zip and rope lines which my partner loved. Look out for the fish shaped markers which indicate points of interest, we saw a large variety of fish of all sizes although the water can be a bit murky in places but still great visibility overall.
Once you get to the main inlet you can stay in your tube but we found the current was a bit slow so we ditched it and swam about to to snorkel and explore. We had some lunch before we set off in the other direction over the wobbly bridge that leads to underground cave, cenotes and jungle. Very picturesque but disappointed we couldn’t swim in the cenotes. We probably would have spent more time snorkelling and not made the walk to them if we realised beforehand as we've visited and swum in 2 others which we loved. But still a nice scenic walk through jungle and we enjoyed the underground cave. We came back over and had a look at the glass bottomed boat and I then got in the water and snorkelled near there. One of the staff helpfully took me over to look under the boat which was a great tip: I'm quite new to snorkelling but there were literally hundreds of fish underneath it - I've never seen so many different types in one place!!
We skipped the lighthouse/slide as I'm not good with heights but still more than enough to do. There are extra paid activities but enough to fill a day if you're happy with the free activities as we were.
You could make this day as energetic or restful as you wish - lots to do but plenty of areas to sunbathe/rest along with deckchairs and hammocks.
Some great TIPS we picked up from reviews on here:
Bring water shoes as more comfortable to walk around and in/out of the water.
Plan your day/route either before or when you arrive as so much to pack into one day and quite a lot of ground to cover.
They will give you 2 eco sun lotion sachets in exchange for your sun lotion, this was only enough to cover our top halves but fine for us as spent most of time in water and didn't sunbathe.
Bring a waterproof camera.
Book in advance to save queuing for tickets.
Get there early to avoid the crowds.

2  Thank 425trician
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

This place is amazing! our kids age 4 & 6 also had a great time..there is zip lining and balance obstacles in the water, little kid Lilly pads, cliff jumping and snorkeling/tubing that is something you won’t forget! There were Manatee and other animals to see..beautiful creatures! Not to mention our kids fell alseep in the loungers about an hour before our bus came so my husband and I could relax with a cold drink to end the day:)

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

I honestly didn’t think I would enjoy this BUT I was wrong. So much fun I would definitely go again if I come back to this area. It was worth the long bus ride from Cancun. The tubing on the river wa the best. So relaxing.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

We visited Xel-ha with our 10 year old son and one year old daughter. It is the best trip we have been on.

The tickets aren’t cheap but it is so worth it. With all your food, drink and ice-creams included, you don’t have to budget or worry about money once you are there.

There are a few different places to have lunch and lots of drink stations. The food is really good with lots of variety, pizza, salads, chicken, burgers, stir fry, fruit etc.

We didn’t do any extra activities, however there was so much to do that we didn’t feel the need to.

The natural lazy river was our highlight, I have never seen anything so beautiful, and an experience we will never forget, we again took our 1 year on the lazy river with us with no problem, there are stop points if you want to get off too.

The clarity of the water is so beautiful it’s really clear, and there are so many fish just swimming everywhere around you.

Swimming in the caves was amazing! We took our 1 year old into the caves too and she loved it wouldn’t stop pointing, and giggling.

Our 10 year old snorkelled for the first time and I spent a good 2 hours swimming round finding different fish, the equipment was great and really easy to pick up from the station and drop off again.

They cater for everyone so well! There are life jacket stands everywhere with all different sizes, including a baby life jacket section.

Would really recommend!

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Xel-ha was an interesting place to visit, I liked especially the water slide (that was scary but lots of fun). Our tour only allowed 6 hours to be spent at the park which wasn’t a lot of time to do everything and the park closes at 6pm. We felt rushed as we tried to do most of free activities at least once. Didn’t see lots of pretty fish while snorkeling so that was disappointing. The international buffet was good as well as the drinks. Definitely worth visiting the place but once is enough unless you are willing to pay for a lot of activities not included in the ticket. Thought the ticket was pricey enough at $90 USD.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

This is easily the best thing to do in the riviera maya region. You will not be bored or stuck for things to do. It’s huge and there’s literally things round every corner. We went through the week and in some places near the rope swings etc you won’t see many people at all. I cannot reccommend it enough. The new slides are fast, but id say be careful on the stairs as the can be slippy at the top, I saw a guy go down bad. Anyway thanks xel ha, always a blast!!

Reviewed 6 days ago

Great place , beautiful, very natural a excelent place for a day. with very good activities. The big tower in the middle of a nature wonder is a pitty, also the food could be better.
woth to go for sure. Nice secret spots, we feel very near nature. take your own shoes for swim the ones in the park are good but expensive

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Spent the whole day at Xel-Ha with my husband and our young boys, 7 and 10.
The coach and host that collected us were perfect.
Entry was smooth and fast.
With the All you can eat and drink buffet we were very surprised. The food was so good. Better than most hotels in that area.
Free use of lockers was also a nice touch.
We spent the day on the lazy river as most other activities are very expensive for a family of 4.
Speed boat, walking under water, swimming with dolphins, even the sky bikes were £60usd each.
I felt sad for the dolphins in small enclosures and wish they had less in larger, more natural enclosures.
The best part was the lazy river which we used the inflatables to travel down first, then snorkeld it.
The adventure area in the middle of the river was good fun and great for all ages.
Staff were helpful and friendly.
If you go budget to spend another £600 usd if you want to take part in the other fun activities.