“Would definately recommend!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Xel-Ha Park All-Inclusive Admission Ticket
Ranked #6 of 210 things to do in Riviera Maya
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Xel-Ha Natural wonder awaits you! Xel-Ha is simply unique! Xel-Ha is one of the world's most beautiful, natural aquariums. And it's all inclusive too!!! Swim and snorkel surrounded by rainbow colored fish who have made the river and inlet their home, take long walks in the middle of the jungle, ride a bike, take the train or just relax while enjoying the lazy river! All these activities are included too!
Stillwater, New York, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Would definately recommend!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We visited Xel-Ha for the day. We did the lazy river via tube and snorkeling. It was a day well spent. I am a good swimmer and really did not like the life vest requirement. It was uncomfortable and really annoying! Especially sitting in an innertube, it was a bit much. The snorkeling was fair, and for someone who has never been snorkeling, I suppose it would be pleasant.
The food at the buffet was actually pretty good, considering. (With the exception of the pesty birds, which are not easily avoidable. I don't know what they are called, but they are crow like and extremely annoying!)

Since there are no paper maps of the park, there are a number of well marked maps that make getting anywhere very easy.

The admission is $79.00. Which is a great deal, considering it is all inclusive (with the exception of add-ons, such as the dolphin swim, etc.)

I would definately recommend this to a friend!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Please spend a full day here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We came here on a half day trip mixed with Tulum.

It is an amazing water park with zero water slides. The attractions include a lazy river you can float/snorkel down, a cliff jump, zip lining, and even playing with dolphins (for an extra fee).

My favorites were the cliff jump and the snorkeling. The fish are beautiful but the water can get murky. I believe that the water gets murky because of the mix of fresh water with salt water. It creates what looks like heatwaves in the water, but you will def see tons of fish.

The locker rooms were pretty modern. The snorkels are not reused, only the goggles are, so don't worry about using one that someone else had in their mouth.

The international buffet is surprisingly good.

I would recommend water shoes as it's a big park and you will do some walking and swimming. I would also recommend spending an entire day here if the weather is warm.

Here's a tip: If you use one of their life vests, there is a strap that goes between your legs and will keep you higher out of the water. It took me an hour to learn for myself what the extra strap is for.

5 Thank Richard T
Hemet
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“So much fun! You must go! Snorkeling, food, and drinks in one trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

WOW! I had so much fun at this park, I can't even tell you!
My husband and I went here together on our vacation! We're so glad we did.

To start off, for the price it is UNREAL. You get all you can eat buffets, drinks, and snorkeling for one low price! ($79). We booked through an agency that was located right outside of the mall area and paid $90 each with roundtrip transportation on a comfy charter bus! Amazing . DO NOT book the Tulum/Xel-ha package, you will not have time to do both in one day. Xel-ha takes the entire day, please see my Tulum review for info on how to get a great deal on that package!!

I'll start with the food.
As soon as we got off the bus, it was a long drive, so we ate breakfast at one of the buffets. They offered delicious Mexican style breakfast items. Yum!
I believe there were 4 buffets total to eat at. Each of them were fantastic! The service was also great! They bring you drinks (alcoholic/non-alcoholic), so be sure to bring a few pesos for them. They work hard.

The drinks were endless. More booze than you can handle. Rum, Vodka, Margaritas, Beer, Soda, Juice, WHATEVER you could think of, it was readily available.

The best part.
THE WATER WAS PRISTINE. You could see the fish everywhere! There was a school of fish that were probably 2-3 feet big each, and they swim right around you! It was amazing.
It is pretty safe, you are supposed to wear your life vest the entire time you're swimming.

There are places where you can grab an intertube and float around the entire park, like a lazy river! You can hop off any place you'd like and snorkel! We just put our float on the rocks until we were ready to go again.

BRING A WATERPROOF CAMERA, YOU WILL WANT ONE, TRUST ME! Buy them before you go to Mexico, or better yet order a waterproof case for your camera you already have on Ebay or Amazon (waterproof case/underwater housing).

There are a few small ziplines, fun but nothing intense.
Two cliffs to jump from abt. 13 ft. Nothing crazy.

This park is better for adventure, if you like culture art and shows visit Xacaret!

I love this place, I would live here.

The only thing that makes me hate it is the dolphin holding.
When you pay for these types of things, you continue to support the capture of wild dolphins. They are kept is small areas and are very depressed and unhappy. The only way to stop this, is to spread the knowledge of what is happening. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not support this.

all of the food, lockers, snorkeling, drinks, etc. are free. HOWEVER, you do have to pay $25 USD to get your snorkel gear, it is refunded when it is returned. Swimming with the dolphins, sting rays, mantiees, etc is an extra fee.

Visited July 2012
5 Thank Larayna08
nottinghamshire
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

This place is amazing well worth the money. We loved our day in the park, it was fun there was so much to do. We swam with the Manatees which was an added extra but was fantastic and would thoroughly recommend this experience to anyone.

Visited August 2012
Port of Spain
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Fun Fun Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

This place is not just fabulous, it's FUNTABULOUS!!!!! All you can eat, all you can drink all day....plus fun adventures, swimming with dolphins and manatees, jumping off cliffs, nature walks, musicians, friendly staff, snorkeling, kids park...what more can you ask for. The cool thing about this park is it's so big you never feel crowded and there are so many little nooks and crannies to hide away and get lost in a day dream.
I recommend this park 100% even if you don't spend the cash on the extra activities you'll have a GREAT time!!!!

2 Thank Candice C