El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma
Panama Jack Resort(Playa del Carmen)
$285
  • Pool
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$489
$412
$421
$318
Bookit.com
Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
$372
$335
$343
$288
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Palace(Puerto Aventuras)
$330
$289
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)
$238
$183
Barcelo.com
$682
$466
  • Breakfast included
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$1,475
$1,327
$453
$224
5,532 results
All reviewsbeach butleroutdoor showercasitas sectionhealth barpersonal conciergesanta fe grillour honeymoonbellini barbeach bum vacationscandlelight dinner on the beachwine pairingroom servicegourmet inclusiveartificial reefcasita suitepool bartenderbeach beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was our 3rd time back to El Dorado Casitas and it was wonderful as always. We stayed in 2811 and I do believe we had the best bartender ever....His name is Cesar and he was fantastic. Always courteous, friendly and took great care of his Casitas customers. I can only hope that when we return next year he is still there. We made a point to go by and tell him goodbye before we left.

Room Tip: For me the casitas are the only way to go. The rooms are open, clean and I love love love the outdoors shower. We never used the inside shower except to hang our swimsuits in to dry. We also perfer the upstairs for the little extra privace on the patio.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Idella P
KarismaHotelsResorts, Gerente at El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Greetings Idella P,
I truely appreciate your post on trip advisor, especialy for a loyal guest for your continuos visits. I agree with you regarding Cesar he is one of a kind we are very lucky to have him in our team. I will pass on your comments personaly.

It will be great to welcome you back in the near future for another memorable vacation.

Warm regards

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about this trip. As soon as we decided on a destination wedding I started researching for hours on end to find the perfect location. After weeks of frustrating research I finally gave up and called Beach Bum Vacation and found Danialle. My only regret is that I didn't call her sooner. I gave her the list of our needs and wants for a perfect location and boy did she find it. We asked for somewhere with white sandy beaches, a nice downtown area for anyone that wanted to venture off the resort and it was also very important to us that the resort had an authentic tropical feel. We had no interest in a resort that looked like a high rise hotel. In no time we had decided on El Dorado.
Once we went for our site visit we knew this was the place for us. As soon as we arrived we were greeted with champagne and cool towels. The grounds of this resort are immaculate and the food is delicious. As the bride, I was very nervous about picking a vacation spot for 40 guests but every single person loved it. The onsite wedding coordinators were great! They attended every event to make sure things were perfect but without interfering or disrupting. The servers and bartenders at every wedding event and even at the swim up bars and restaurants were extremely courteous and professional. All of the wedding events went off without a hitch. We decided to move the welcome cocktail party indoors due to the weather forecast and the wedding department took care of calling every single one of our guest and making sure they knew where to go. We had chicken at our rehearsal dinner and I was convinced that it would be tough and overcooked due to serving 40 people at once but it was delicious! And then there was the wedding day. Absolutely perfect. The ceremony and reception locations were both set up beautifully. The food was again, delicious and the servers, bartenders and even DJ were great! It’s not often a bride can walk away from her wedding day knowing that not one thing went wrong.
We stayed at El Dorado for a week after the wedding for our honeymoon and my only regret was not staying longer. We stayed in a swim-up Casita in the 3000 section. Israel was our bartender, Jorge was the beach butler and they were both awesome. We loved every single minute of this trip and so did the 40 people that went with us. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone as there is something for everyone there whether it is a little more activity on the villa side or some peace and quiet on the Casitas side. A HUGE thank you to Danialle with Beach Bum Vacation for helping us find it and getting all of our family and friends there with ease! I won’t travel again without calling Danialle first!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
21  Thank Jennifer H

Greetings from sunny Riviera Maya Mrs. Jennifer H,
First of all my sincere Congratulations!!
We really appreciate you having taken the time to write this review with such a detailed description of your beautiful wedding in our property. We feel very proud to acknowledge you feel so enthusiastic about your recent experience at our premises and we hope that we form part of your so cherished wedding and honeymoon memories. As we know this a very big an important day.

As you were witness and lived this with us, we have many exceptional partnders with Beach Bum Vacations. We are very excited in doing such a wonderful job with you and your guests.

Thank you for all your kind words and the good promotion we may receive from them.
We hope to receive you again for another memorable holiday and why not Anniversary.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We started our plan with Beach Bum Vacations and Danielle, best decision ever! She handled all of ours and our guests needs quickly and professionally. She especially helped my now wife a lot!! Of course me as the groom got cut out of the planning process early into it and Danielle took over and helped her the entire way. We had 40 ppl attend and everyone absolutely loved it!!!! Many saying the best trip ever. Loved the rooms, loved the service, food, drinks and the entire resort overall. Most want us to celebrate our 1st Anniversary there next year! The wedding and all of the events went better than we could've ever expected. My wife was happy so I was happy. The service at the resort was great! You didn't get the feeling you were at an all inclusive. We stayed in the 3000 Casitas section and Israel (Izzy) was great and our beach butler Jorge awesome! Anything we needed they took care of!!!! Bloody Mary to my dad's back door every morning at 10am! We would go back tomorrow! GREAT, great, great!!!

Room Tip: “Casitas is worth the upgrade! Rooms are much nicer but located in your own little villa with concierge, pool with bartender. Not over crowded. Beach cabana beds to relax. I recommend laying on them at the end of your evening to relax and listen to the ocean.”
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank kevincB662ZH

Dear Mr. Kevin C,

I truely appreciate that each one of you have left a post, congratulations to both of you new Mr. & Mrs. I believe that i have answered your new Mrs. just a few comments above aswell.
As i have mentioned before thank you so much.
Hoping to welcome you once again at El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma,

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2014

If you are looking for more a private, upscale accommodation definitely stay at the Casitas at El Dorado. My husband and I stayed at the El Dorado Royale 2 nights before upgrading to the Casitas and it was worth every penny! Although our first room was very nice and centrally located, it had more of a party atmosphere. Our Casitas room was spacious, very nicely furnished and the outside shower was fantastic. I also really enjoyed the lounging bed on the balcony. Most importantly the room, and the resort in general, was very clean and well maintained (I am own a vacation rental company so I have a keen eye for these things). The staff was friendly (wouldn't say overly friendly) and attentive. Unlike most all-inclusive resorts, the food was FANTASTIC! The portions were small, which I preferred because it allowed me to try more things. I didn't have a single bad meal while I was there! My husband and I enjoyed a massage on the beach, which was perfectly relaxing, as well as a candlelight dinner on the beach (the lobster dinner was delish!). I would highly recommend El Dorado Casitas Royale to anyone planning a vacation in Mexico! Not only was it a top-notch resort but I felt safe the entire time I was there. We booked our trip using Danialle at Beach Bum Vacations and she could not have made it easier for us! She was extremely easy to work with and very thorough. She promptly replied to my numerous emails. We were soo impressed with her, she's already helping us plan our next family trip!

Room Tip: Casita rooms are much more quiet and private. And each pod has it's own pool with swim up bar.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
22  Thank Stephanie H

Dear Stephanie H

Thank you for the positive feedback. I am happy to hear that your experience with our resort was in line with our reputation for upscale and quality service, which is all a part of our unique gourmet inclusive concept.

On behalf of El Dorado Royale, I'd like to thank you for choosing to stay at our resort.

All the best!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We arrived at the hotel after a 12 hour flight to be greeted with champagne and hot towels and directed to the lobby whilst the bell boys looked after our suitcases. Check in was quick, simple and we were soon shown to our room in the 30's block. The room was fantastic! Clean tidy, bottle of champagne chilled! The jacuzzi, outdoor and indoor showers were very impressive! We got settled and went for our first meal which was amazing! As was all of the food! Small portions however could order as many of them as you like and try more than one restaurant, favourite had to the the Santa Fe grill! Everyone should give it a try! Pool staff at 30 were amazing made the time round the pool completely enjoyable giving us all very interesting shots...
Shuttle service in the hotel is also hadn't as it's quite a walk to the restaurants however shuttle is always there and drivers are very friendly!
Trips to cancun and playa were also good as the shuttle service is free! Would recommend a visit to playa!
Would totally recommend this to any couple! Everything about the hotel was amazing!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Alice S

Dear Alice S,

Thank you for your lovely review and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to returning again. It's particularly pleasing to hear our team be referred to as amazing.
Your kind words motivate all our staff to work every day better.
Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards from your El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma home and the pearl of the Caribe

Warm regards