“Perfect.......again!”

El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma
Ranked #30 of 401 Hotels in Riviera Maya
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed at the fantastic El Dorado Casitas Royale again for 2weeks in early December and, yet again, the service, facilities, food and staff exceeded all our expectations. Nothing is too much trouble for everyone to ensure the perfect stay. From great breakfasts at Cocotal or Kampai, wonderful lunches at JoJos or the Gourmet grill at section 31, to dinner at our favourites, Kampai and the exquisite D'Italia Casitas, this is truly gourmet. Everyone looked after us like family ( well, we are frequent visitors!). While everyone we met were awesome, I wanted to specifically mention the following employees who went above & beyond! Geoffrey (shuttle), Samy, Daniela, Efraim at Cocotal/JoJos, my wonderful omelette chef Alejandro! Isaac our pool bar guy (32), Mary Antonio & David at the Spa, Giovanni Mildred & Jaime at D'Italia, the Concierge team Victoriano & Lisbeth and finally our wonderful butlers Liliana, Natalie, Ivan & Rudolpho. A big thank you to Guadalupe for her personal attention. We have already booked our return for June and would recommend this amazing resort to everyone. Once visited, you leave a part of yourself here - just because you know you will return!

Room Tip: Swim ups allow easy access to lazy river to get to individual section pool, while upper level allows...
3  Thank Nana22princesses
KarismaHotelsResorts, Director General at El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear Guest & Friend,

You are part of the family¡¡¡ We want to thank you for your lovely review, and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us one more time; it is really rewarding to hear from our guest that you were happy enjoying the facilities and the company of the staff, we are looking forward for your return again, in order to have the pleasure of welcome you in your Mexican Home.

It's particularly pleasing to hear this kind of comments about our team and we will ensure your feedback is passed to all of them.

Your kind words motivate us and all our staff to work every day better in order to serve our guest as you describe.

We will be waiting for your next visit at El Dorado Casitas Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma; please do not hesitate in contact me, before your arrival.

gm@eldoradoroyale.com.mx

Write a ReviewReviews (5,288)

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I hadn't been to the EDCR since July 2012 and was delighted with all the upgrades. The rooms are beautiful! The beds are much more comfortable than my won at home! The outdoor shower is one of my favorite amenities, we never used the indoor shower.
The food was fabulous as usual and we got to eat in the new Santa Fe restaurant. I never thought I could be blown away by Tomato Soup-but the soup they served in that restaurant was so delicious! We had breakfast just about every morning in Kampai, Carlos always made sure I had my coffee!! It was hard to tear myself away from there to eat breakfast anywhere else, the food was so great! We had lunch JoJo's a lot-Sammy took good care of us too! We did have room service the first night we were there, the food arrived sooner than promised, it was hot and tasty. They offered quite a few options.
The Spa was my sanctuary, I did have several massages with Felipe and even tried a Temazcal Ceremony with him. All were fantastic! The Temazcal Ceremony is something everyone should try at least once in their life!
If you go make sure you take the Greenhouse tour, Luiz was very informative. It is nice to know that some of the food we were eating was grown right there in their back yard! I just wish we could have seen more of it.
We will definately go back!

2  Thank Donna W

Dear Guest & Friend,

It was a great pleasure welcoming you to El Dorado Casitas Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma.

We are delighted to read that you spent a wonderful holiday with us, and found the accommodation, staff and ambiance of the resort very pleasant during your stay.

Thank you for the compliments to the staff and the job they do every day with every single guest, it is great when our dear guests recognize it, we will forward your comments to them, and thank for the recommendation about our resort; we look forward for the opportunity to serve you again very soon in your Mexican Home in the Riviera Maya!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

My husband and I have been going to EDCR for several years. We're always amazed at how relaxed we get the minute we arrive, and look forward to every visit here. We stay in the Infinity suites section and find the rooms clean and inviting. It always amazes me how the hotel staff takes very plain and simple things and make them look so elegant. Our last visit was May of 2012, so we were quite surprised at the number of upgrades that had been completed (conversion of some of the villas in EDR to swim-up suites, new dining pier off Jo-Jo's restaurant, new viewing deck off the 2900# bar, upgrade of villas gym, new Santa Fe tapas restaurant) and in progress (several Casita sections are being totally renovated, others to come, and the construction of the new Generations resort next door). Many thanks to our butlers Ivan (he found me a bottle of conditioner, as the amenities provided now include shampoo/conditioner combination, and my unruly hair needed something more!) and Mauricio (due to a leaky toilet, he moved us to another suite while we were dining, and brought the keys to us), and special thanks to butler Pablo (he wasn't assigned to us, but we've had him before--he's top notch--and even helped us out a few times this trip!). We love the spa--see Vicky and Sara for a therapeutic massage (we had some sore muscles from a strenuous workout (thanks Muryiel and Manuel), and they worked out all the knots! Everyone who works at the resort are so friendly and will always go the extra mile to help. Having staff members address you by name when you haven't been there for 18 months is pretty nice too. We will be back soon!

1  Thank Calmags
KarismaHotelsResorts, Director General at El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Guests & Friends,

It has been a real pleasure to read your recent review. It feels good when we read this kind of comments of our guest that have noticed the different changes and improvements we are having in the resort.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding our hotel facilities and most of all, the staff performance. We will pass your compliments to all of them, that will make them feel proud, because their job has been recognized.

We are sure that your description of our site´s atmosphere will be a great help for future travelers when choosing exactly the place for some relaxing vacations.

Hoping to welcome you once again at El Dorado Casitas Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma,

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We just spent 12 days in this wonderful resort (our seventh visit). The rooms have been given a refresh since our last visit and if anything are even better. The addition of the Santa Fe restaurant is a welcome addition for services at the Casitas end of this spacious property but the best improvement is the creation of the Dinner Theatre in Fuentes. Top notch! Claudia, Karen and Allan in the concierges office in Casitas 31 did not fail to deliver their usual 10/10 support for us during our stay there. The beauty of this property is how spacious it is spread along the beach, but be prepared to rely on the golf cart shuttle service as a minor downside, to access the restaurants nearer the lobby. The shuttle drivers however are sometimes very entertaining!

2  Thank Lori B

Dear Guest and Friend,

Thank you for your lovely review, rating us with the 5 star award; we are pleased that one more time you have enjoyed your stay with us, and we are looking forward for your next visit.

It's particularly pleasing to hear that our team is referred in that way, that they were so helpful, providing first class services to our dear guests, and we will ensure your feedback is passed on to them. I am pretty sure that your kind words will motivate all our staff to work every day better in order to serve our guest as you describe.

Best regards from your El Dorado Casitas Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma home and the pearl of the Caribe

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We just got back from our week long stay at El Dorado Casitas Royale. We had the best time! We stayed in a swim up casitas with an infinity pool. Our room had an outdoor shower, indoor shower, huge jacuzzi tub, mini bar, and double vanity. We took advantage of the 24 hour room service a few days that we just felt like relaxing. The breakfast was the best for room service, in my opinion. The resort was so clean, and the food was great. Our personal concierges we Allan, Karen, and Claudia and they were all great. They made sure we had everything that we needed. They helped us book all of our dinner reservations for the week, which was very helpful with so many option. I highly recommend doing Fuentas, the dinner theater. It was such a great experience. I was not able to enjoy the all inclusive drinks (since I am pregnant), but my husband said everything was really good. The pool and beach butlers were great. They came back quickly with your order. The resort is pretty big, from our room to the main lobby was close to a mile walk. It was actually nice to walk after eating dinner every night. I would also recommend every couple to do the candle light dinner no the beach. It was very romantic, and the food was excellent. The italian restuarant on the Casitas side was sooooo good. Since it is gourmet, the portions are small, but there's plenty of options to order. We would highly recomment this resort to anyone looking to get away. We have been to other all inclusive resorts in Riviera Maya, but this one is by far the best. The gourmet aspect makes a huge difference in the food. Not to mention they have a 70,000 sq greenhouse that supplies most of their fruits and vegetables. We can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Krissy E

Dear Guest & Friend,

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback on Tripadvisor. We are glad to know how much you have enjoyed your stay at El Dorado Casitas Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma and that our facilities and service were up to your expectations.

Your comments are extremely important to us, as they motivate us and our staff to continue improving our services, providing wonderful experiences to our distinguish guests.

We look forward to welcome you back very soon at El Dorado Casitas Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma, your Mexican home in the Caribe.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the El Dorado Casitas for 5 nights in a swim up casita suite . The view from the room was amazing and it was great to step out the room and be right at the pool . This room does not allow for complete privacy on the balcony if you want privacy opt for a 2nd floor room , this was not a concern of mine , the room was perfect . The pool butlers were fabulous and came around making sure I did not need anything and offering snacks and drinks . This is a perfect resort for couples . I happen to be at the property during culinary week which is the 1st week of every month . I was able to experience this culinary series and recommend it to anyone . All the restaurant I ate in the food was great and the service was fantastic. I was even rushing to catch my transfer and told my waiter I only had 30 minutes and I need something super quick , my waiter at the poolside grill recommended the chicken wrap and I said no i need quicker so i ordered the nachos . in 5 minutes and had the nachos and 2 minutes later he brought out the chicken wrap on his own. I was impressed with the service and the thought fullness to make sure I had a good meal . I wish I remembered his name to list it here . The restaurants do have a dress code which for men includes no sleeveless shirts for men so do pay attention they are strict on the rules.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

First I want to thank you for the time you took writing a nice review from the resort. It feels very rewarding to hear that our services have gone beyond our clients expectations in El Dorado Casitas Royale a Spa Resort by Karisma.

We'll extend your compliments to our staff and most particularly, to your butlers. Comments like yours constitute some good motivation for us to keep working to achieve our guests’ satisfaction.

It will be a great pleasure to welcome you once again for another memorable vacation.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Just returned from 2 weeks in one of the swim up Casita suites. Definitely lives up to the Gourmet Inclusive tag. All the facilities were great, staff are a credit to the resort and 100% for cleanliness. If we had one criticism it's that some of the other guests were quite noisy which, as this is a couples/adults only resort, surprised us a little. There are however plenty of places to go, away from the main areas if you need some peace & quiet but maybe a "tranquility pool" would be an idea - sometimes the noise from guests at the main swim up bar could be heard from our suite. That said, we would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Riviera Maya. Choice of excursions is good & the spa offers a wide range of treatments. Lots of extra little treats too if you are celebrating a special occasion. We were celebrating our anniversary & received complimentary chilled champagne in our room on arrival, breakfast in bed, candlelit dinner on the beach & a massage. A cliche perhaps but Karisma really has thought of everything and included it with a smile.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest & Friend,

We have been honored with your visit, for have chosen our resorts for these special celebration; we try our best, in order to make of the special celebrations something memorable, make of these little details and moments, something you will remember for a long time, and it is a pleasure, knowing the fact that you were satisfied, that makes us feel really proud of our site and staff.

Your lovely review constitutes a great motivation for us to keep improving and personalizing our services.

It will be great to welcome you back in the near future for another memorable vacation in your Home at El Dorado Casitas Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma.