“Casita Infintiy Ppol Swim up - Perfection!”

El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma
Ranked #30 of 402 Hotels in Riviera Maya
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Question...why in the world is this resort not in the top 10 on Tripadvisor?! My husband and I went for our anniversary and have not one complaint. We have stayed at Azul, it is nice and quaint. We got married at Seaside, and it was lovely and will always hold a place in our hearts. But Casita Royale we have stayed twice and absolutely love this place. We paid a little more for the casita infinity pool swim up- you get what you pay for and we got pampered! Our concierges Allen and Christian were great, they helped book our dinner reservations and such. Louis our bartender was great, good luck on the up coming baby girl! Our beach butlers Javier and Leonardo were excellent, they brought drinks, suntan oil, sushi bites, ice cream, etc. Our maids and turn down service were excellent, we never needed for anything. The service is impeccable!!!
As soon as we were in our room everyone knew what room we were in and called us by Mr. or Mrs. and our last name! Who does that?! We did bring money for tips and we tipped everyone from the servers, bartenders, maids, cabby's (the gentleman in the golf carts), beach butlers etc. We came to the Casitas because our last experience was so great, and this last trip did not let us down. We have found our little slice of paradise and can not wait to go back!
We met couples from all over and everyone was enjoyable and had no complaints about the resort. The couples that we met are people that we will also never forget. We hope to plan our next vacation back when we can all show up again. Great times, laughs, and memories.
My husband and I were looking for a nice relaxing get-a-way and that is exactly what we got. If we wanted to be social then we swam out into our lazy river and over to the bar for some socialization. If we wanted to be to ourselves than we hung out in our infinity pool and the beach butlers brought us whatever we asked for. This trip was AMAZING!
To top it all off we were also able to release the baby sea turtles into the ocean...that was too cool!
I looked at tripadvisor almost every night before we left and I have no idea how anyone could not have an enjoyable stay here. One of the take-a-ways I got from reading the reviews was...Eat the duck sandwich and guac at Las Olas in section 31 (were we stayed) and that person was right! We ate it 4 times if not more and told others about it who also raved about it.
From the awesome restaurants, to the beach, the drinks, the great grounds of the resort, to the rooms it was all perfection even room service was great! I hope anyone who is on the fence about going and staying the Casita Royale is now persuaded to go, you will not be disappointed. Our vacation was absolutely PERFECTION! Service was impeccable!

Room Tip: Book the infinity pool swim up casita totally worth it. Speaking with a couple that was staying on t...
5  Thank OKlovetotravel
Write a ReviewReviews (5,293)

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Fantastic, chilled out holiday. All the staff were friendly and extremely helpful. Food fantastic. Accommodation really spacious suite with jacuzzi and out side shower, I would definitely recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Our room was 2708, ground floor suite with terrace. Close to quiet pool bar and beach. Great locatio...
2  Thank Russell W
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My girlfriend and I had our first trip to Mexico this September,and we decided to stay for a week in one of the Casitas ( Los Flamingos ) at EL DORADO ROYAL.We made the best decision! Since we arrived there the guest service, Samantha Gallegos,was really nice .She explained us about all the activities that we can do on the resort, she told us about the restaurants and the spa. The service at the casitas was absolutely amazing! Jesus, the beach butler was very kind and friendly and took care of everything that we needed. He was our friend during all the vacation and make us feel like kings! He even helped me to make a nice surprise for my girlfriend.The bartender prepared the most amazing drinks.El diablo adentro, was the most loved drink that we tried. The room was clean all the time and the fact that we had a pool in our balcony was the supreme comfort that we could get! We love it very much and we will definitely gonna go back really soon! Thank you for an amazing experience!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was our second time in the "Casitas" at El Dorado Royale, and just like the first time, we did not want our vacation to end! The thing we love the most is that there is no concept of time there. When you do not have to do anything, time means nothing! Pablo and Alonda were our butlers this trip and they were amazing! From our custom pillows, to finding special chocolate desserts in our room after amazing dinners, to Sangria delivered poolside after a hot day swimming with dolphins...we lacked for nothing. Orvilin was our swim up pool bartender and he was ever so gracious and if you are on the beach Jesus, our beach butler made you laugh and brought you the best mojitos (made by Orvilin)! We were there during the Kendall Jackson week, the 5 course dinner theater made our week! There was also a band playing at a beach side bar, that was from our hometown! Turns out the singer lives down the street from us and we have already seen them since we got home....the Casitas are a small world! We love this resort, nothing else anywhere compares. We can not wait to go back...book your trip today!!

Room Tip: We chose a swim up, ground level, because the pool bartenders do not service the upstairs! The views...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have just come back from the most unbelievable holiday in my life! It was my second all inclusive holiday, the first one being acceptable so i was a little comprehensive on what to expect. Now i could go on a write a 5 page essay on what i LOVED about this hotel but to be honest i dont have the time to do that so im going to keep it short and sweet. The hotel is immense. Its huge, its got something to keep you busy for the entire duration. We only stayed a week and we only left the hotel premises once and believe you me when we went to swim with the dolphins the only thing on my mind was for time to pass fast so i could get back to the hotel. The gardens are mesmerizing, you are staying in pure paradise. The cleanliness was on a nother level. The quality of food was out of this world and this is coming from me who own my own restaurant and been in the trade for many years. I am already planning my return to the hotel in my only hope that the staff will not have changed! FIRST OF ALL ALEJANDRO (our beach butler) who was the most kind, helpful and heart warming person on our holiday and made us feel right at home. ( he also helped me propose to my girlfriend and i will be forever greatful for this. (Michael and Laura) Secondly our best bar man and amazing friend Alvero who just made the atmosphere great, and really helped us connect with the other guests ( i think this is the ultimate bar tender because his drinks were amazing as well but its how he brought other people into conversations and connected with us all that was amazing) EVERYONE IN THE HOTEL WAS AMAZING....Benigno our pool cleaner would every day make us something from the palm leaves or his amazing home knit pens, so friendly. Jorge who was at the beach bar was amazing, Allen the conceirge at the next block was even great! our own concierge team were great, Tristan...LUIZ my man LUIZ who was all over the place, making volleyball games and so friendly. AND HIS AMAZING CERVICHE! WHICH i hope gets added to the menu at one of the restaurants because it was one of the best dishes i tasted whilst in the hotel! everyone is a credit to the hotel. I think the management is doing a great job! amazing... now on to planning my wedding there! couldnt think of a better place!
A big thank you to everyone!
Love Michael and Laura (2922) september 2nd - 10th

Room Tip: casitas is the way to go...
2  Thank Michael M
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband I stayed in one of the "Casitas" at El Dorado Royale. The only negative remark I could make regarding our visit, is that we didn't stay long enough:-). One of the most perfect vacations! The service everywhere at the resort was "over the top." The resort is gorgeous!!! We LOVED our Casita! It was so romantic and unique. The spa at the resort, Naay, was the BEST! I had two massages with Luis...OMG...he truly has magical hands. You must ask for him when you visit the resort! Our concierges Oswaldo and Leo made all our wishes come true. Our favorite waiter was Victor, at Jo Jo's. He always made my husband feel like a king! He was able to anticipate, each time, what we wanted to eat and drink for lunch! We enjoyed our stay so much we're going back this Nov :-)

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank ahlista
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Staying at the casitas is awesome. The butler service, Pilar and Mauricio, perfecto! Yessinia was the housekeeper and did an excellent job, Jesus the beach butler was very attentive and our pool bartender, Orvelin, was fantastic. We didn't want for anything. What do I love about this resort beside the service? The gourmet food. the house wine is very good. and top shelf alcohol. They are concerned about the environment and have a recycling program. A turtle program. They have a greenhouse on the property and supply veggies for this resort, their other resorts and some local resorts buy their fresh veggies as well! They give back locally too. So while I am being pampered more than I deserve, the guilt is much less! You can spend money on experiences like spa treatments, chefs table, candlelight dinner, horseback riding, dolphin discovery, scuba and so much more but you don't have to. There is nightly entertainment and free scheduled daytime activities. If you want to be close to all that stay at the villa section. Full disclosure: my husband and I are members here but you don't have to be to enjoy all the amenities..I would recommend this place even if I wasn't a member. We happened to visit in September, rainy season, but it has not dampened the vacation!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple