“El dorado royale - casitas... PARADISE!!!!!!”

El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma
Ranked #28 of 401 Hotels in Riviera Maya
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful resort with
EXCEPTIONAL service!!!!!! We just spent 7 nights there and had a truly amazing vacation. The resort is beautiful, very clean and the food is delicious. I would however say the best part has to be the wonderful staff- by far the best i've ever encountered. They go above and beyond to make your experience the best it could possibly be- and always with a warm genuine smile. Our concierges LEOand JORGE were great and took care of anything and everything possible. We were in Casita Block 29 and had the BEST pool bartender MISAEL and beach butler FAUSTO - they really made our vacation a memorable one! They took care of our every need and felt more like friends than staff- thank you guys!!!!!!!!!!!! This was our first trip to Mexico and certainly wont be our last- especially to Karisma Resorts!

1  Thank KneecoleNY
Write a ReviewReviews (5,203)

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Wow. And then wow again. We have stayed in some pretty good places, but this tops the lot. It is a fabulous hotel amazing rooms , we are in the casitas which are really special. The food and service are fabulous. The staff are really friendly and helpful. All the drinks are premium brands and the Martinis are strong enough to make you fall off the swings in the bar. Which mark did much to my amusement. Good job they were low. I dont thinker will find as good again for the money. Yesterday we were snorkelling in Cozumel . It just doesnt get any better than this.

1  Thank Fiona F
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was our first all-inclusive resort, and I couldn't imagine another one being better. We had the honeymoon package which included free wifi, a 2 for 1 beach massage, and a candlelight dinner on the beach (and a few other little perks). If you're looking for great food, beautiful scenery, great entertainment, and A+ service...this is your place! The food is by far the biggest perk to this place. Multiple restaurants, and all are gourmet quality. Breakfast at Cocotol was unbelievable. Sushi at Kampai is some of the best we've had. Room service was fast/great quality.....and every restaurant delivered a great dining experience. I had to be careful not to put myself in a food coma! The staff is overly friendly, and truly do their best to make your stay great. We found that if you were friendly to them...they were friendly to you. We cashed $100 bill and that was enough money in tips for all 8 days. Staff was A+

Our room was great (we stayed in Casitas #30 building). The outdoor shower is the best invention. Maid and turn down service were quick and thorough. My fridge stayed stocked all week with the drinks I requested.

The resort is big, so there is some walking if you're out past 11 (when the carts stop running)...but I valued the walks cause I needed my food to settle! Any other time of day you could wait on the carts to pick you up and take you anywhere you wanted to go.

If I had one knock on this property I would say the beach. There are a lot of rocks which don't allow for much swimming in the ocean. But we didn't care about that...so it didn't bother us. It's still beautiful....clear blue water, white sand, etc.

For our honeymoon...this place was perfect! We felt like royalty here. Like I mentioned...if you're looking for great scenery, relaxation, service...and food...this is your place! Hope this helps.

JB

Room Tip: 30 building Casitas...great!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Jonas B
Reviewed August 1, 2013

First, let me apologize for not writing this sooner....but work got back in the way of life! :-)
Lets step back in time....in 2012 my wife and I celebrated our 25th at a different resort near the Casitas...
It was fun, but quiet. So this year we wanted the option of a bit more activity....but where to go? What to do?
I contacted Amy at BeachBumVacations ... and told here what we wanted, and what we didnt...Adults Only, Active, but not 'swing from chandeliers', all-inclusive, and above all else, NICE...

WOW....She did not disappoint!

Our package included air, transport, everything.... We flew on Frontier, and I was able to 'buy' upgrades to the front (my wife is not a good flyer) - am I glad! That extra cocktail at 9 am helped her! :-)

We arrived in Cancun nonstop from Chicago... went right out to our transport, and found out we were sharing with 2 other couples to the same resort. (we knew it was a shared ride)... It was nice that they put us all together.

A short ride to the resort...we pulled off the highway and immediately relaxed as we drove through the beautiful, maintained portion of the 'jungle' to the main building. We exited, dropped our bags, and were greeted with a choice of champagne drinks (with or without berry juice). MMMMMMMMM Within 5 minutes, the cart arrived to bring us to the Casita check-in. When we arrived, we completed the paperwork and even though our room was not ready, were taken care of as if we'd been there a dozen times before.

We decided to walk back to check out the resort for lunch - ended up at JoJos, and sat outside... had our first Guac of the vacation (btw, some of the best Guac I have ever had!)... our waiter brought us drinks (what do you want? I dont know, something sweet? OK, try these). He kept us entertained by bringing different drinks each time! - side note, after this, he was in Cocotal for breakfast and greeted us each morning with a mimosa and screwdriver!. ... Anyway, after several beverages, my wife decided to 'relax' in a palapa by the beach. I went, checked us in, made reservations for every night, and set up our Anniversary Massage.

Amy hooked us up - she got us internet (keep in touch with the kids back home) and an upgrade!

OK, rather than continuing day-by-day...... here is a stream of thoughts:

The Grounds: WOW.. every day they were mainting, cleaning, painting....truly first-class
The People: Ditto. To a person, everyone working there would greet us as long-lost friends.... Hola! Buenos Dias!
The Food: YUM. We did D'Italia and D'Italia Casitas... Kampai (twice), Fuentes (twice), and one night a beach-front anniversary dinner. NOTE: Fuentes has 3 different menus, each done twice a week. You must do it if you can!
The Drinks: Our swim up bar (complete with named Iguanas - hello Juanita!) was well stocked. Just ask for the stuff on the back shelf and YUM! Foolish me, I tried to work my way through the swim up menu and ugh.... i guess i'm not that young after all
The Resort: we walked from our casita to Cocotal every morning - almost a mile, but even in the heta it was not bad at all. There were PLENTY of carts running too... and if they were running by they always asked if we wanted a ride (if they had room). Very well maintained, and beautiful!
The Beach: Only there for dinner :-) but yes, the 'whales' are there but IMHO they are not really that bad...
Room Service: Great - we used it almost every day for something
Tipping - Yes we did. My thought? I tip at dinners here, why not? No you dont have to.

The only improvement? Keep the waterjets running in every swimup pool every day,. Ours ended up 'stagnant' near our swim up once stuff fell from trees. And when you clean the pools, clean all of it. At one point a small crab ended up in our swimup...the guy came and only took it out, not all the other stuff at the bottom. huh?

Bottom line - would I go back? Yes, in a moment!

Anyway, feel free to contact me with questions....

Room Tip: Casitas.....without a doubt!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a week stay at the el dorado royal casitas! What a amazing trip! From the champagne greeting, straight to our individual swimout suite! The casita was beautiful, the view was wonderful, the service was out of this world:) I would highly recommend this to anyone. We will be back:))

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We just returned from a 5 day stay at this amazing resort! The food was fantastic very gourmet-
The staff was very friendly & attentive to our every need!
We stayed in the casitas very beautiful suites - the entire place is immaculate -very well taken care of around the clock. Our romantic dinner on the beach was outstanding- their attention to detail is so impressive!!
We can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Casitas are very private & beautiful-
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We recently stayed at this resort based on recommendatons from friends who had been here before. We cannot say enough about our time here. The staff have been awesome, the food superb, the grounds are immaculate, and the overall experience has been wonderful. Gaby and Christian were amazing, and facilitated every request. We particularly enjoyed the a la carte dining format.
We will definitely be returning to this wonderful resort.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple