“Best All-inclusive in Mexico”

El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma
Ranked #25 of 392 Hotels in Riviera Maya
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I just returned from our second stay at this awesome resort. 5 star is selling this resort short. The service, the food everything is top notch. I cannot say enough good things about this place. We tried a different place, Secrets Silversands, and it is awful compared to this place. Will never try another place again. This is our vacation spot!!! Excellent!!!

1  Thank Rob R

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We spent 8 gorgeous days at the El Dorado Casitas Royale last month. We were there for our honeymoon, and to date, it was the best vacation my husband and I have ever been on! We booked our trip through Nanda at Beach Bum Vacation, and she was so incredibly helpful and sweet (and patient!) throughout the whole process. She was even able to get us some pretty cool upgrades too. Score! Everything about the experience was flawless - from the booking, to arriving at El Dorado, to the super accommodating staff there, the wonderful food, the gorgeous amenities, the bars, the pool, the beach - oh my! :-) It would take forever to detail everything we loved about this trip, but I'll highlight some of my favorite parts:

- the martini lounge by the main lobby - best chocolate martinis EVER
- bartender Luis at the swim up bar in casitas section 28 - he was so awesome!
- our concierge Gaby - she remembered every detail about what we liked, and made us feel so special!
- the outdoor shower - omg, LOVED this. we never even used the indoor shower the whole time we were there.
- room service - best chicken tacos ever. :-) delicious ice cream too!
- speaking of ice cream, the 4pm ice cream that was brought around everyday by the pool!
- the health bar - I loved the sandwiches. they were always so fresh!
- couples massage at the spa - HEAVENLY
- housekeeping staff - I loved the turndown service, and loved how they set the tv to the classical music station each night for us to return too. :-)

There were SO many other things that made this a trip of a lifetime, I could honestly go on and on. I would definitely recommend the casitas to anyone looking to book. We'll definitely be returning next year! Seriously, call Nanda if you need help planning your trip. She knows EVERYTHING there is to know about the El Dorado Royale. Enjoy! :-)

BTW - there are also some great offsite excursions in the area to explore as well. We went parasailing, swimming with dolphins, and even took a day trip to Chichen Itza. Simply amazing.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
14  Thank BGarcia73
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The resort exceeded out expectations. The Individual Casitas room was terrific (2901) and perfectly located. All restaurants were great although the Mexican one is new and will improve. Service from all bartenders, concierge, beach butlers and other staff is the best we have seen at many all inclusive resorts. Dinner on the beach was perfect! We could have spent all day on the beach beds and just relaxed. Kudos to Karisma and Karoline at Beach Bum Vacations. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2013
10  Thank Dharwin
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just back from holidays and usually I don't like to go anywhere twice but I would definitely return to the Casitas at El Dorado Royale. The service is exceptional....they cannot do enough for you. With a spaced out complex there is always plenty of room and the Casitas have their own pool for each block so it is never busy. If you start off in the villas ask for an upgrade as it is much cheaper than from the UK. The restaurants are wonderful with 9 to choose from....our personal favourite was JoJos on the beach which did lovely steaks and ribs. Each block also has its own concierge service and personal pool attendant with canapés and fresh fruit and smoothies. There was a swim up bar in each pool and the cocktails are wonderful. The only downside was there were some rowdy Americans but as it is short haul for them they tend to come for 4 or 5 days so didn't stay long enough to be a nuisance. If you are a diver you cannot dive from the hotel but have to take a trip about 20 minutes to the Maroma to dive which is a bit of a pain. Can't wait to go back again......truly paradise!

Room Tip: The Casitas start from 2501 which are closest to the entertainment and main bar whilst still very qu...
1  Thank cubalove1269
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We just got married at the El Dorado Royale. It was hands down the best wedding ever. The attention to detail from the staf was like no other. The staff at the resort were absolutely fantastic. All of our friends and family had an excellent time. We've been back for 2 weeks and they can't stop talking about what a great time they had. Definitely go to the EDR for vacation, honeymoon, or your wedding. It was perfect.

Room Tip: We stayed in the casitas. These were nice because you had an outdoor shower which was really cool. Y...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gina S
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We are just returning from our 5th trip to El Dorado Resorts, but our first to El Dorado Casitas Royale. We are members and stayed in the 3200 section at the far end of the resort. I would highly recommend the Casitas if, like us, you are looking for a luxurious and peaceful stay. Having stayed at El Dorado Seaside several times, we were surprised how large this resort actually is. That said, there are regular shuttles that will take you where you want to go.

As members we had personal butlers, Alondra and Liliana. These two amazing ladies took care of our every need and were a joy. Nothing is too much trouble for these wonderful staff.

My husband and I enjoy good food and wine and this resort provided many opportunities for both. Our favorite restaurants for dinner were D'Italia Casitas and Kampai. We also really enjoyed the culinary theater experience at Las Fuentes where the chef demonstrates the preparation of your meal visible from large screens thoughout the restaurant.

Cocotal, Kampai and La Isla were very good for breakfast. We often enjoyed room service on our terrace for lunch and it was always delivered promptly and hot. Be sure to attend the tequila and wine tastings. We learned a great deal and enjoyed some good tequila and wine.

The highlight of our week came on our final night when we enjoyed the chef's table at D'Italia Casitas. The chef's table is located in a glass walled room just outside the kitchen. Instead of selecting wine to accompany the food, in this unique experience, Sommolier Eduardo helped us select amazing wine to our tastes and the meal was designed around the wine. I can't say enough about Eduardo's knowledge of wine and dedication to his guest's experience. He really made our trip.

Chef Armando and his staff prepared a delicious seven course meal, and we were able to watch as the dishes were prepared. The chef personally delivered and explained how he made each course. If you are a foodie, the Chef's table at D'Italia Casitas is not to be missed. The price of this experience is $100 in wine. While some travelers may not want to upgrade their meal with higher end wines, for us it was well worth it. This evening would have cost hundreds of dollars per person back in the states.

There are really two resorts in one here. Royale is livelier and more crowded, while the Casitas are larger and more quiet. Our Casita had an amazing swim up private pool and a covered terrace with a lounge bed that was connected to a larger pool via a lazy river. Roman our bartender made sure we were taken care of whether we were at the larger pool or at our suite. Our beach butler Jesus, stopped by frequently offering reading material and frozen treats. Truly the staff strive to make sure your every need is met. We enjoyed beautiful sunrises on the beach beds each morning. Several mornings sea turtles had laid eggs near our beach bed and conservationists carefully collected them before dawn and moved them to a sanctuary at the edge of the resort on the beach to keep them safe until they hatch.

We like to snorkel and the beach was not ideal for that. However the food, service and amenities can't be faulted. The spa was lovely and the massage therapists were very good. My husband said he had the best massage of his life. Be sure to go an hour early and enjoy the water journey.

El Dorado Casitas Royale is a perfect resort to get away and connect as couple while having options for entertainment and close proximity to Cancun and Playa Del Carmen. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: In the Casitas, the swim up rooms are lovely and convenient, but still have privacy.
3  Thank 4texas_girl
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Once again, Casitas Royale deivered a perfect, relaxing vacation. Top notch property without all of the pretense. Staff is very friendly and attentive, food was fantastic and drinks were quality and easy flowing. My favorite part was that we never felt crowded, beach beds were always available and tended to, layout of the casitas make it to where you are never too far from your room. Both the beach and your semi-private pool were a stone throw away. We even ordered room service and they delivered to our pool bed! I felt quite spoiled. The El Dorado Royale next door offers the night life and additional activities if you ever need them. The beach is definitely not th best for swimming, however, it is a long stretch for those morning walks and had great security. I understand that because of the location, they get a lot of seaweed and extra stuff washing into the beach, but I was able to live with that since the staff works very hard to keep it clean and neat. I discovered that turtles come in during the night to lay their eggs, and then the resort will collect them and place them in a protected gated area for safe-keeping! Very, very impressed! The EDCR also takes alot of pride in being a "green" property with features such as having their own greenhouse and recycling grey waters. Lots of beautiful landscaping and some wildlife are to be found around the property. I would definitely try the spa's hydrotherapy, it was a first for me, but we were able to enjoy it complimentary due to a misunderstanding with one of the member's of the spa staff. I am now glad this happened as I would have never tried it on my own, but now I think I am hooked. We especially loved being able to walk around the property and plopping down on the first hammock we found. This has been one of the most relaxing vacations that I have ever taken and I highly recommend the EDCR!

Room Tip: Upstairs casitas offer more privacy as far as the balcony goes.
2  Thank Berrones