“Beautiful views atop Little Beehive” 4 of 5 bubbles

Lake Louise Hiking
Amherst, Massachusetts
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Beautiful views atop Little Beehive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

There was still snow on the trail as we hiked so there was some slipping and sliding along the way, along with the mud. It was sunny, windy and chilly but we were prepared for that. This almost 2 mi hike to the top of Little Beehive had me sucking wind and although I'm not a hiker, I'm not in horrible shape either. It rises to about 1700 ft above sea level.Going back down was also tricky. We stopped at the tea house (crowded and not cheap) for a snack before heading on. You will encounter very friendly golden mantled squirrels that look like oversized chipmunks. They will scamper up to you looking for food but of course, please do not feed them. We also saw a hoary marmot looking for lunch. The view at the top is spectacular with icy turquoise water below and bright blue sky above. We heard a thunderous sound and saw an avalanche in the distance. The whole trip including a stop for tea took about four hours. I saw many people using walking poles or sticks - not a bad idea.

Visited June 2014

East Hartland, ct
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Lake Louise is a sight to behold, a beautiful spot. Top it off with a hike up to the Tea House for spectacular views and hearty breads!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank 4Debbie
St. Brelade, United Kingdom
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“This hike will take one's breath away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

I visited Lake Louise with a Canadian friend and she suggested we do the hike up to the Little Beehive as the views were breathtaking and that statement turned out to be so very true.
It's a steady up hill trek but nothing that steep and if you do feel the need to rest for a moment or two just stop and take in the fantastic views.I don't remeber exactly how long it took us to reach the summit of the Little Beehive but i reckon about a hour or so and the amazing panoramic views from it are simply superb.
On our trip down we hiked via Lake Agnes, Big Beehive and Mirror Lake and were surrounded by awesome scenery everywhere, to look at or take pictures of and just simply enjoy.
So if you are ever lucky enough to visit Lake Louise and have some time on your hands then please go and enjoy some of the many hikes around that area as it's well worth it.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jimmy R
Hinton, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“one of the most wonderous places in the rockies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

One of my favorite places to visit and hike, is at Lake Louise in Banff National Park. Not only do I take guests there, but I never get tired of visiting this most beautiful spot. Once you tear yourself away from the beautiful scenery of the lake, you may chose one of two hikes to continue enjoying your visit. The hike closest to the lake, is attainable by anyone who can walk. The bonus is that people can push their children in a stroller. You are close to the water and small wildlife abounds. Once while taking a break and taking photos of the lovely area, a small rodent, I believe it was a marmot, played with the baubles dangling from my purse. Many pictures were taken of this, and it almost seemed like the animal was posing for me. There's a more adventurous and rugged hiking trail that leads you to a teahouse. The energetic and young folks really enjoy that climb. I have many fond memories of the joy my guests experienced visiting this site. It's difficult to tear yourself away. Besides the lovely chateau to visit or have a meal at, you may use a canoe on the lake and have yet a different experience. There's benches to sit on and just absorb the view. A must see and do if you are in Banff National Park.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Julie A
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Spectacular view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Breathtaking view of the snowcapped mountains and that amazing blue lake!! I was so mesmerized by such BEAUTY!!

Visited September 2013