“Beautiful white mountains”
Review of White Mountains

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
slatersville
12 helpful votes
“Beautiful white mountains”
Reviewed October 22, 2008

The White Mountains, NH are absolutley BEAUTIFUL. I just came back the Columbus Day weekend which was the "peak" foliage time. The sceanery was breath-taking. I have a house in the mountain lakes region and frequent the area quite often. This year must have been the prettiest I have ever seen by far.

There are so many things to do in NH. If you take 93 and get off at exit 32, you can visit a mini golf place, hike, bike, canoe, picnic, take a gondola ride, ski, snowtube, lost river, polar caves, wales tale, and see the scenery up the Kanc. Not to mention the many moose that roam the area. I see them all the time on the dark areas of 112. They come out of no where. I take the kids on "eco-tours" around our neighborhood. We find deer, fox, moose and even bear prints. We've even encountered the tail print of a bob cat! You can see the many types of trees, leaves, flowers, plants, bugs etc. Last summer while having a camp fire, we saw many many Luna Moths, they are huge about the width of the palm of my hand. Sort of creepy!

It's so nice to be back in touch with nature! Keep NH beautiful!

For dinner, I recommend the Comman Man. Food is great.
For lunch, I recommend Nachos.
For breakfast, I recommend Flap Jacks. Food is AWESOME!

2 Thank slatersville
Victoria
71 helpful votes
“Good hiking in New England”
Reviewed September 17, 2008

The White Mountain National Forest area of New Hampshire is a popular and very good place for hiking and enjoying the outdoors. Travelers can find reasonable accomodations in several towns, particularly Lincoln. This is also an excellent alternative to overpriced Vermont during the fall foliage season.

1 Thank JJ503

Been to White Mountains? Share your experiences!