“Our Favorite Hole-in-the-Wall-Feast”

Cuisines: Mexican
Southrn California
“Our Favorite Hole-in-the-Wall-Feast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

Tony has passed on, but his legacy of delicious Mexican food remains. Tony's is not a fancy place, but they do a huge take-out business, and the dine-in tables are often full. It's yummy enough that one year on our anniversary, dressed to the nines and ready to head for one of the "fancy" mexican restaruants in town, after several sidelong glances at each other, I finally said, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" My husband replied, "I'm thinking we're going to be sitting eating mediocre Mexican on a fancy plate, wishing we were at Tony's!" "Exactly!" I concurred, so he made a quick U-turn and off we went in all our finery for an outstanding, but admittedly rustic, romantic dinner at "our place." If you go anywhere near lunch or dinner time, be prepared for a line that often stretches out the door. The combination of wonderful fool at low prices is worth the wait!

• Visited October 2011