Inishfree B&B
Cee Cliff House(Culdaff)(Great Value!)
$64
Redcastle Hotel(Moville)(Great Value!)
$107
$93
  • Pool
Inishowen Gateway Hotel(Buncrana)(Great Value!)
$95
$84
The Harbour Inn(Buncrana)
$86
$95
$70
Travelocity
All reviewsgreen roombreakfast was delicioussouthern irelandsconesshower roomfantastic hostsnear futureinishowen peninsulabreakfast each morningspent two nightsyogurta wonderful stayelainetoiletries
Reviewed September 19, 2013

From start to finish the whole experience was phenomenal. I cannot say enough good things about this B&B. I went on a family mini break from Friday – Monday early in September 2013 with my best friend (aged 26) and my younger sister (aged 19) and my parents.

We hired a car from King Cars that was waiting for us on arrival and which we returned to the airport when going home. A car hire is a must have as there is so much to see and do, to hire from King Car is leased at such a reasonable price and it was 100% stress free.

Our arrival at Inishfree B&B was the warmest welcome I’ve ever experienced, like visiting a family member. After settling into our rooms we enjoyed homemade scones and jam with a pot of tea outside and enjoyed the stunning views. Elaine and Dave (owners) were on hand throughout our stay to give us all the good advice and assistance we needed including providing us with maps, brochures etc, without being overbearing.

The B&B itself is spectacular. The furniture, beddings, facilities and décor is of the highest of quality and standard, yet still able to give us the feeling of home from home. The beds are uber comfortable and not once did I feel out of place, uncomfortable or embarrassed to make myself feel completely relaxed and at home!

Oh and the breakfast is a must!! All types of fresh fruit salads, yoghurts, cereals, and everything you can imagine that would be on a full English. Needless to say in our family, breakfasts were never missed!

Admittedly the weather on our stay was not as nice as we would have hope but this did not dampen our spirits….pun intended! There was so much to see and do that there isn’t enough time or space to include them all within this review. We visited the famine village (a real eye opener), a day out in Derry (Peace bridge, Derry walls) walks on the most amazing beaches locally, Bushmills Distillery (includes a free sample!), Giants Causeway (which really should be the 8th wonder of the world!), all the beautiful buildings and you wouldn’t believe how much history and culture there is on every corner.….you will not be short of things to do.

The pubs and restaurants are also fantastic. The locals are so warm and friendly and one night, after a couple of pints of the most amazing Guinness, I plucked up the courage to play a few songs on the guitar. Within minutes another young girl came and joined me and I would be surprised and upset if she is not the next Adele! There is real feeling of community and warmth and I challenge anyone to not enjoy themselves with Elaine and Dave because I promise you…..there will not be a dry eye in the house for laughing!

It was genuinely the BEST holiday I have had in such a long time. A simple thank you to Elaine and Dave seems so little in comparison and so I WILL be back for more fun and games next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jessica P
elainegraham, Owner at Inishfree B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

It was a real delight to look after Jess and her family. They were so enthusiastic about the whole area and fell in love with the place. We had the pleasure of Jess singing in the Orchard Bar one night, it was the real craic. Looking forward to their return!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I generally only leave tripadvisor reviews when either the service has been exceptionally good or exceptionally poor. Thankfully in this case (yet again) our stay at Inishfree was exceptionally good.

Having stayed at Inishfree before and having thoroughly enjoyed our stay (see my earlier review), we were very keen to stay again to enjoy Elaine and Dave’s hospitality. This was delayed by a year due to the arrival of our little girl so this time our stay was for all three of us. After having had such a wonderful stay the first time, I am often apprehensive if it can be repeated or if it really was as good as you remember and thankfully it was, in fact, it was even better.

Elaine and Dave are fantastic hosts who seem to really enjoy what they do. They have opened up their home to those who chose to stay there and are at hand to help in any way they can to make your stay enjoyable, may it be in recommending restaurants, things to do in the area or just having a good old chat but absolutely not in an over bearing way, privacy is there if you want it. They were also both fantastic with our two year old and we even got to avail of their very kind offer of free baby sitting one evening.

We stayed in the upstairs green room this time having previously stayed in the crystal room and it suited our requirements perfectly. It has a separate living area which is very spacious and has so much natural light. It felt like our very own little penthouse and it gave us an area to relax when we put the little one to sleep.

Breakfasts were fantastic with a variety of things that can be chosen and then cooked fresh. Needless to say, we didn’t need lunch each day! Elaine makes all her own jams and preserves and I believe some of the fruit also came from their own garden.

What makes the difference with this B&B, apart from Elaine and Dave’s hospitality are all the little personal touches and the quality of the fixtures and finishings. I would like to describe it as a boutique B&B but I don’t think that would do it justice as “boutique” B&B’s and hotels often be impersonal and cold and it certainly isn’t that!

This is a truly beautiful part of Ireland and we have come to love Inishowen with its scenery, stunning beaches, beautiful little towns and laid back atmosphere. It really is somewhere you can get away from it all. Inishfree B&B compliments this entirely by providing somewhere you instantly feel at home and where you can truly relaxed and enjoy yourself. It is our own little piece of paradise and we can’t wait to return…..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
elainegraham, Owner at Inishfree B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

It was lovely to see this couple again and to meet their beautiful daughter who was just a bump in mums tummy the first time they stayed. We love meeting people and our return guests feel more like friends than paying guests. It is always good to catch up with what they have been up to since their last visit, which we certainly did in this case.

It was pure pleasure to meet and have the privilege of taking care of their daughter who was gorgeous. She loved my "teddies" and putting them to bed at night. I have promised to knit her a teddy of her very own and as soon as the season slows down, the knitting needles will start clicking!

We are really looking forward to their next visit.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Needed to get away for a rest and this was definitely the place to go. Elaine and Dave are so welcoming and looked after me as I was on my own. Even the resident dogs Ebbie and Bob were pleased to see me again. Got a bear hug from Ebbie. I was given the twin room upstairs which also has its own sitting room with TV. The views from the rooms were spectacular. Was really lucky with the weather so had some lovely walks on the local beaches and it was great to be able to sit outside and listen to nothing but the sounds of nature. I can't recommend this place enough as its the best place to stay if you want comfort, relaxation and a jolly good time. Will be back again as soon as possible.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Annette067

It was great to see Annette again and the dogs were truly pleased to see her again. It is always good to see return visitors. We walked on the beach with the dogs which Annette loved.
Hope to see her again very soon!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Inishfree B&B is a great central location to explore the beautiful Inishowen Peninsula. We only stayed one night on our trip through the northern part of Ireland and after a long flight was a beautiful choice. Beds were very comfortable and the upstairs room with lounge bright and sunny. Breakfast was great and Elaine and Dave very helpful with suggestions on what to see in their part of this great country. Thanks!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
elainegraham, Owner at Inishfree B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

These ladies have been to Ireland before and I think will come back to the Emerald Isle again.
Unfortunately, because they only had one night at Inishfree, they missed out on the local traditional music. I do hope they visit again and get the full craic.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Elaine and Dave certainly make sure your stay will be comfortable, interesting, enjoyable and restfull. Make no mistake, however, if you want to have activity in the area or enjoy stunning countryside and interestng places to visit, Inishfree is your best centre. The people around are also very very friendly.

Breakfasts are a speciality and the rooms are fitted out in the most impressive way.

Highly recommended

Room Tip: Just have a chat to Elaine
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
elainegraham, Owner at Inishfree B&B, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

It was a real pleasure and experience to look after these visitors from a large school in Granada. Other teachers from the School are coming to stay with us in May and we are really looking forward to it.