Auberge de Launay
$217
$146
$78
$81
L'Auberge de la Ramberge(Poce-sur-Cisse)
TripAdvisor
Hotel du Petit Lussault(Nazelles-Negron)
All reviewsloire valleytwo nightstrain linepleasant place to staygreat wine listfour starsitting areacomfortable bedstayed one nightgardenchateauxamboisefrancebathstopover
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I pulled in here footsore and tired after two solid days of walking around various tourist sites. I really didn't care what the place was like after I saw the sign on the road. I just wanted to rest (my legs and feet mostly) and recuperate. The lady who greeted me pleasantly in French did not speak English very well but we got by with a lot of smiles and a few giggles.

I chose the room facing the road which, given that it was a major road, could barely be heard. That was the first joy of the evening. Don't let this deter you in any way. I wasn't so tired that I wouldn't have noticed.

The room was spacious and comfortable while the ensuite was more like a bathroom and actually had a bath (just what the doctor ordered). I was planning to go out somewhere quiet for dinner but instead opted for a long soak in the bath and a good book. I slept like a baby far past the normal time I habitually rise and was late getting on the road. Missed breakfast but... ah, who cares really! I rested very well.

This B&B at Limeray is in the centre of a whole circle of places to visit and things to do. It really is in a perfect location.

Room Tip: Choose the side away from the road if you are worried but I can recommend saving the extra Euros.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank David L
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We spent two nights in September and greatly enjoyed dinner in their restaurant both nights. The rooms, while completely adequate and very clean, were more on the order of a motel than a B&B. There is an (electric) railroad not far away which is quite busy and could be a problem if windows were open. Staff is accommodating but English abilities are limited. Drive and parking area have a gravel surface making movement of wheeled luggage difficult. Lovely grounds. The restaurant is the main attraction.

Room Tip: If you will be traveling at a time when you may plan to have your windows open at night, request a room not facing the railroad track.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Texastraveler011
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed 5 nights, the room overlooking the garden was spacious and spotlessly clean. Other reviewers have mentioned train noise, yes there is a nearby railway but was in no way an issue for us.
Everyone very friendly, breakfast lifted by little touches such as lovely home made jams! Dinner quality high and service attentive. Just a shame the weather was such that we could not take advantage of eating outside on the terrace.
A great little Auberge , centrally placed for the 'must sees' of the region. Would have no hesitation recommending or indeed visiting ourselves again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 1000Magicians
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed for three nights with half-board at Auberge de Launay. Our room was quite large on the garden side and very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was typical French, but unlimited coffee was available. The 3-course dinners were outstanding and the wine list quite extensive. We would highly recommend this auberge and hope to come again ourselves.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Robbie M
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had visited this restaurant in June 2009 and it was a must on our return. Again it was a beautiful evening on the patio. The dinner was very nice, good presentation and flavor but not quite the "wow" as the first visit. Maybe it was the "magic" of the first visit with a spectacular bottle of grand Cru Pinot noir. We will spread our wings at our next trip to the Loire.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends