“Absolutely woderful experience!”
other traveler has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

jessefisc...
Durham, North Carolina
“Absolutely woderful experience!”
Reviewed October 16, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Where do I start? I never leave reviews, but my experience with Anthony and my stay in his incredible home necessitates some sort of expression of gratitude. I frequently travel to Puerto Rico for work where I conduct ecological research with college undergraduate and graduate students. As such, I have rented houses across the island and they all pale in comparison to my experience in Villa Casa Maria. There are just so many great aspects to this home that no description or gallery of pictures can fully do it justice. Firstly, this is a beautiful home, not just some rundown rental house. The entire house was immaculately clean and beautifully decorated throughout. Even the driveway was spotless, no joking. The house was also fully equipped with everything you could possibly need, even for larger groups. Speaking of group size, Villa Casa Maria is absolutely enormous and I never felt cramped throughout our entire stay. The multitude of decks and living spaces allowed for privacy despite having over ten adults for nearly two weeks. I was always able to find a quiet corner or sun deck when needed to relax or Skype home to the family on the WIFI. The house and neighborhood were also incredibly safe and secluded despite being a few minutes from everything you could possibly ask for (e.g., grocery, bakery, beach). If you have never been to Camuy, you will not be disappointed with the abundance of attractions and natural beauty the area offers. Finally, Villa Casa Maria has so many extras that you don’t find in other rentals. For instance, the house is looked after by Antonio, an incredibly friendly and informative neighbor down the street who was available at any time (I still have is cell phone number). You’ll be hard to find a nicer place or owner at this rate anywhere, not just Puerto Rico. Villa Casa Maria deserves far more than 5 stars!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Large Group
fdiab09
“Beautiful home”
Reviewed October 15, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

My husband and I had the opportunity to spend a week at Casa Maria. We were impressed by the immensity of the house! It was clean and accomodating, and the kitchen was well stocked with essential utensils and cookware. We cooked most of our meals and enjoyed the ocean view while eating outside on the upper level and then lazing on the hammock afterwards enjoying the sweet carribean breeze. The house is in front of the beach and is an easy walk down the hill. The weather, while hot during June, was enjoyable because the ocean is so fresh and inviting. One of the best things about our stay is getting to meet Tonio, the caretaker. He even took us on an excursion to try to catch octopus! He is extremely welcoming but he also knew when to give us privacy. Having a car is definitely needed as there are so many other beaches along the coast to explore, some more private than others. The nearby beach is quiet and tranquil and can afford as much privacy as you like, especially if you walk further along the shore. It's like having your own piece of paradise at Casa Maria!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Jessenia...
San Juan, null, Puerto Rico
“Breathtaking vacation house”
Reviewed October 2, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I would like to start letting you know how I came across Villa Casa Maria en Camuy, Puerto Rico. It was 4 a.m., I was inside the rental vacation house, in Rincon, Puerto Rico when we decided that the house we rented was not for us because of many reasons (cleanliness, and security was a major concern for various reasons). We had been deceived, but as they say, there is always a solution to a problem. As I mentioned before, it was 4 a.m. when I found Villa Casa Maria en Camuy, Puerto Rico hoping that someone would be able to rent the house the same morning to escape the nightmare that we were living.
The homeowner called me immediately, after submitting my request for availability. I had explained the predicament that I was in, and Anthony came to my rescue. He was like an angel sent from heaven, and was very concern about the safety of my family and myself. He had arrange for me to look at the house prior to committing to rent.
When I arrived at Villa Casa Maria, I thought I was renting a mansion. This is a beautiful 5 bedroom home, with many windows that allow the beautiful Puerto Rico sun illuminate your boudoir. The house contains a sun roof that allowed my niece and nephew get a beautiful glowing sun tan. This home has positive energy pouring out with the décor and harmonious color schemes that help sooth your mood. It has a full washer and dryer that helped maintain our bathing suits and towels clean for the beach that is approximately a two minute walk. The house is kept in terrific maintenance and cleaned by Antonio (housekeeper) who lives across for convenience, and is extremely knowledgeable about the area. My family and I vacationed here for Five days and I cannot express how grateful and appreciative I am to Anthony and Antonio for allowing us to enjoy the rest of our vacation. Everything that Anthony had spoken about over the phone was accurate. I felt completely safe that we did not even have to close the garage door at night. This area is residential and the residents here know one another and are very friendly. The location is ideal for vacation renters because this is located about 6 minutes from the major highway, you can drive to the Saldineras beach which is about 12 minutes, or walk to the beach near the house which take about 2 minutes. There is a bakery that opens until 10 p.m. and you can get bread, pastries and sandwiches as well as emergency hygienic products approximately a minute away. The supermarket is approximately a 3 minute drive which is extremely convenient for those who rather save money and cook their meals at home, and Banco Popular bank is right near it.
In conclusion, Villa Casa Maria is the vacation rental home to be at if you are wanting a real Puerto Rico vacation. This place has everything that the perfect vacation rental should contain. I will rent this vacation home once again!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The atmosphere of the house and the housekeeper
Liked least: This does not applied because it's an amazing experience
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
msunyc
argentina
“Beautiful Spot, Perfect House to Explore the West Side of Puerto Rico”
Reviewed October 7, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Villa Casa Maria is a beautiful spot and perfect location to explore the west coast of Puerto Rico. The house is perfect for a large group, with two levels and plenty of rooms. It is modern and fully stocked and has everything you need to stay connected or get away, wifi, a/c, two kitchens, tv and dvd etc. The roof deck is a beautiful spot to watch the sunset and look at the stars. The caretaker was very friendly and took us on a tour of the town, local beach and bakery upon arrival. He was available to answer any questions. We felt safe and comfortable during our lovely stay. This house is perfect for a family getaway to really explore the island, away from the crazy tempo of San Juan. We visited Playa Jobos for surfing lessons. There are also several incredible beaches near Rincon and Isabel worth exploring. We also did horseback riding in Isabel, visited the Camuy caves, hiking to a local waterfall and visited a coffee plantation. We stayed for ten days and this house was a perfect base for our Puerto Rican get away. Lovely home and island!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
TexasMomw...
“Beautiful home (w oodles of room) on the western side of the island”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

This property is very well maintained with tons of space. We had 10 staying in it and had room to spare. It has 2 kitchens - one on the first floor and one on the 2nd floor. It is about 3 blocks from the beach. (you can walk to the beach, however, there is a very steep hill, so I would recommend taking your car) All the rooms have individual AC controls throughout for your comfort. The property is gated for added security. We mainly used the second floor kitchen, it is actually bigger. WiFi plus 2 large screen tvs. Everyone loved the hammock off the 2nd floor balcony. In the evenings, we enjoy going to third floor and using one of the two balconies to enjoy the views and the night sky. There is a bakery just around the corner- so great. Try their sugar donuts and Monte Cristo Sandwiches - YUM> This property is about 1.5 hours west of San Juan. This is a place to getaway from the hustle and bustle. If you want to enjoy the west side of the island this is your place. We enjoyed the Rio Camuy Caves (about 30 min drive) and Crash Boat Beach. The town of Hatillo is about 15 minutes away. They have Walmart, Walgreens, and other type shopping. Also in Hatillo you have to try the Mofongo at El Truco de Guin. We got the mixed Mofongo - 1 with Shrimp and 1 with beef. Our favorite. Great food at The Cheesecake Shoppe in Isabela. The only change I would have made was we should have stayed the first night in San Jaun to be closer to the rainforest and El Morro, then go over to the house for the rest of the week. The traffic is a little crazy and it took us about 2 hours to get over to the other side of the island. Also, be prepared for the narrow side roads that are in these towns. The main highways are fine - but the roads that lead to these beach towns are tiny, winding and narrow. When I was first driving, these narrow roads, made me nervous and it took a little bit to get use to it. Arriving at night, our google maps took us a confusing way to the house and I was a little nervous driving through the tiny streets of Camuy. This house is wonderful, but off the beaten path. We ended up spending a lot of time in the car. Use trip adviser to help you find places to eat. The manager of the property is the sweetest. He walked down with us the first morning to the bakery and the beach. So kind - to show us the best part of the beach and where there are currents to stay away from.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
bobjones4...
Alexandria, Virginia
“Lovely Spot to Vacation in Puerto Rico”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

It was refreshing to be in this area of the island of Puerto Rico. It is quiet; yet it has shopping and local culture to enjoy nearby. The beach is a short walk. The property was clean and well maintained. The space is roomy and is large enough with two kitchens and bedrooms on separate floors for a family gathering. Especially enjoyed the views of the ocean from the verandas. Suggest a car rental from San Juan to take full advantage of places to visit on this side of the island.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Like the fact that it was spacious, private and convenient to activities.
Liked least: Having to leave.
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Livesheal...
“Fantastic time with our family!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

It was very comfortable, we enjoyed the 2nd story full kitchen, 2nd & 3rd floor decks. The bedrooms were comfortable. We understood/respected conserving electricity by turning off AC when not at the home. Our cars were safely parked in the driveway. The caretaker was attentive to our needs. It was an easy walk (downhill) to the beach. The Camuy citizens were ALL friendly as we visited their businesses. It's a quaint location because of not being touristy. We enjoyed hearing the roosters crowing, seeing sheep graze & watching the neighbor's horse. It was a 1.5 hr drive from San Juan airport across the island to Camuy. We hope to return some January! We chose not to stay in or near San Juan because of wanting solitude.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing