See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 2, 2010

I am currently laying on the bed in my room. It is 11:41 pm. The music from the party directly below my room is about at 80 decibels in my room. I was originally told that the music would end at 10 pm... then I was told 11... and now I am being told 12 midnight. So much for a good night sleep before getting up at 6 am tomorrow! Stay tuned to see how this ends up...

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gtvbjt
Reviewed August 5, 2009

the part we were in did not have an elevator to the second floor, so make sure you don't bring your mom if she has arthritis, hehehe, Its a no frills hotel, but the rooms were clean, bed was so comfortable and the price was good. So its not "an A+" hotel, but for a good and comfortable nite sleep, it was great

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Denia109
Reviewed March 22, 2009

i was there for a week for vacacion! the owner was drunk screaming at the employes in front of the coustumers.it was a embarasing moment for me as a coustumer as it was for the poor employe that was triying to act cool about the scolding in front of everybody! as i found out later it seems the owner have a drinking problem for a long time! the premises were clean.but not to much to do unless you have a car to go around! also a lil bit overprised for all i had while i was there! there were other places that have more food for less the price! and the rooms were to small and no view what so ever unless you like to look at neiborhood houses/highway!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank sobe96
Reviewed April 25, 2008

This hotel wasn't my favorite but it was quite cheap. My husband and I just stayed there one night and I don't think a 2nd night would've been too exciting. Our room was clean and well furnished. But our windows looked out onto the parking lot. The ladies at the front desk were very very helpful with all our questions. Even though this hotel isn't on the beach it's a short walk to the ocean. Because Hatillo is on the northern rough Atlantic side of the island there are no ideal swimming beaches. However, there is an amazing rock formation which is partially submerged and you can walk on it (careful, the rocks are very sharp!). When the huge waves crash into these rocks they make huge sprays and all the water drains from rock terrace to terrace, tide pool to tide pool. Very cool to play on. El Buen Cafe the restaurant is actually 2 restaurants. One is, well, a cafe and the other is a "fancy" restaurant. I use that term in quotes because the food they serve sounds fancy and the prices are quite steep. However, the ambiance stinks. When we went the place was almost empty, there is old tattered carpet on the floors and the tables and chairs look like something you'd find at a diner. It really felt (and smelled) like a cheap Chinese place instead of a fancy seafood house. We went to the actual cafe the next morning and LOVED it! I don't know about the rest of the day but our breakfast was wonderful (and cheap!)

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank grub0099
Reviewed March 26, 2008

Parador El Buen Café is in a convenient but definitely non-scenic location. It is directly on busy Route 2 across from Sam’s Club, and is adjacent to a neighborhood of small houses. There is a building across a small side street from the parador which houses the El Buen Cafe restaurant and a cafeteria. We found the staff at this parador to be extremely friendly. They provided us with all the information we asked for about the hotel and about the local area, and gave us towels to use at a nearby beach as well as some free (rum) drink coupons. The hotel room was of adequate size and very clean; the a/c worked well and the beds were comfortable. Room furnishings were adequate but not particularly up-to-date. There is a small pool on the side of the hotel and there is a distant view of the ocean from the windows in the back of the hotel. Dinner at the El Buen Café restaurant was quite good although the service seemed slow, especially considering that there were very few customers. Breakfast at the El Buen Café cafeteria was not as good. The morning we were there, the selection was limited, the food quality not very good, and no prices were posted. The price we were charged for a basic scrambled-egg breakfast seemed excessive.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family