Parador El Buen Cafe
Travelocity
Hotel El Guajataca(Quebradillas)
$117
  • Pool
Parador Villas Sotomayor(Adjuntas)(Great Value!)
$140
$111
$150
$146
Hotels.com
All reviewsmeeting roomroad noiseroom was cleansan juanlaresislandbeaches
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel was fine. Check-in was great - communication was good and they even gave us some free drink vouchers for PR rum & beer to use at their café (we didn't use). The rooms are pretty basic/Spartan. We needed more towels so I phoned the front desk and the towels arrived within minutes. Pretty excellent service. The kids wanted to swim in the pool but for some reason it was closed so that was out. We ended up heading straight down the road behind the hotel and hit the beach. It was a pretty nice area and glad we found it otherwise we'd have been bored silly. Our room was in the hotel complex (not over the café) and was fairly quiet. The air conditioner helped drown out some of the traffic noise. The location was pretty convenient for us, as we were just using it as a stopover on route to San Juan.

Check out the beach if you go. Lots of neat birds, fish, crabs etc.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 60degreesN
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We booked one night here to see the Camuy caves, and this was close by. The room was on a very noisy street, and you could hear the thumping music from the downstairs cafe. The lamps were broken in our room. The rooms were very outdated. Would not recommend this place if you're looking for a good night's sleep.

The only plus: the staff was very friendly and the downstairs cafe was a convenient place to have breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank StrzB
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Attending a conference in nearby Arecibo, I had the need of a room close to the local university. Having lots of experience with the Puerto Rican paradores, I decided to give El Buen Cafe Hotel a try. It was nowhere near the quality of others I've stayed at. Shabby furniture, a noisy location, and poor linen make this place a choice of last resort. Positives: friendly and attentive staff, good wifi, and cleanliness. Having their restaurant nearby is a plus, but it is no mesón gastronómica.

Room Tip: Try for a room in the main hotel, not over the restaurant.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Ok lets get straight to the point..This is a hotel for people staying on buisness absolutely...nothing to do whatsoever...its not on a beach..you have a sams club in front and home depot on the side..its smack dab in the middle of the #2...Hotel restaurant was decent.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've had the pleasure of finding & staying here a few times while visiting a dying family member. The staff were all wonderful and extremely accommodating which allowed our visit to be pleasant. I've stayed both over the restaurant and across the street at their villas. The rooms were kept cool, comfortable and very clean each with a mini fridge. The coffee/ breakfast sandwiches at their café was delicious & the food at their restaurant was mouthwatering and fresh. Their standard rooms are quaint but their villa rooms are like staying in a studio apt. I didn't get to enjoy their pool (under our unfortunate circumstance for the visit) however I am looking forward to utilizing it when I return this Aug. I cant wait to return! Well worth the money. I have already recruited friends and family to stay their each time I visit

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family