“Great stay, beautiful rooms, excellent staff!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Grand Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Patiala
Hotel Grand Park
Ranked #5 of 17 Patiala B&B and Inns
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great stay, beautiful rooms, excellent staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

My friends and I were in Patiala for a college friend's wedding in mid-October last year. We were 12 of us and were all meeting after 3-4 years and so it was like a house on fire! We had four rooms to ourselves, all spread out on one floor and half the time we were busy running from one room to another, which in hindsight I think must have been quite disturbing for other guests at the hotel (another reviewer of this hotel said he/she was there during the wedding season in October 2009 and there was a lot of noise due to some wedding guests)...However, the reception staff were very kind. They let us be ourselves and feel totally at home. They were extremely accommodating too and did not mind 3-4 of us staying in one room without extra mattresses! Since we were there for a wedding, we also borrowed their iron and they did not mind at all when we kept it with us for all the three days we were there.

The rooms were large and very well-furnished. They all had an A/C, TV, dressing table & desk, attached bath with hot water. There were large windows with thick, beautiful curtains. The bed was very comfortable (even with 3-4 people in it) and I loved the way the room lights could be adjusted to dim or bright depending on the mood!

We ate at the wedding functions on all days, except on one night when we had a house party in one of the rooms. We ordered tandoori food and it was spicy and nice, especially after all the liquor! We had a great time and made a lot of noise, unintentionally of course.. We had also kept the room door open because we kept ordering for things every now and then! But the hotel staff did not mind any of this at all, and they were at our service all the time, with a smile!

There is a Coffee Day outlet on the ground floor. And the hotel is centrally located and is only a ten-minute rickshaw ride from the Patiala market, called A/C Market and Adalat Bazaar (about 30 bucks for a ride for four people). This market is excellent for Patiala shawar kameez, dress material and jootis (Punjabi footwear) and even the shopkeepers of big shops are open to bargaining!

In short, this hotel is ideal for all types of travellers - families, couples, large groups, business travelers, etc. It will definitely make your Patiala visit wothwhile with its beautiful rooms and excellent staff and where you can really be yourself and do what you wish to without worrying! If at all I happen to visit Patiala again, i would definitely stay here without a second thought!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Adopt_A_Desi_Dog

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

After having a very bad experience in Narain Continental, I shifted to Grand Park and was pleasantly surprised. It was neat and clean, large sized rooms, and lower tariff as compared to Narain Continental. The only problem was - the hotel was fully booked for some of the days of my planned stay. However, they promised to accommodate my as far as possible. Being a reasonably priced and almost professionally run hotel, Grand Park is fully booked most of the time. So if you are planning to stay there, book in advance. Quality of food can be improved. Despite that their restaurant at the lobby level was full on most days. There is also a book shop / Café Coffee Day in the same building. The Reception staff are helpful. They gave me a new blanket when I told them I did not want to use the blanket kept in the room cupboard. I stayed there during the wedding season so there was disturbance on account of some noisy wedding party guests on a few occasions. My stay there was almost two months. Had to have a few complaints. But overall, it was a no regret stay. If I go to Patiala again, I will stay at the Grand Park.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business