“Wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Torri del Benaco
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Having stayed at this hotel overnight a few years ago we have been trying to return and finally managed to arrange a stay with a group of friends. Shortly after my arrival,however, I was taken ill and a doctor was called. I cannot praise too highly the attention and kindness shown by the receptionist, the lady in charge of breakfast in the dining room and the maid.

Any hotel worth its salt can provide good care when all is well but it is when things go wrong that the true calibre of the staff etc shows. They provided my father and sister, who live nearby and who had come to see me, with complimentary refreshments and allowed me to stay in the room until I was due to leave for the airport at no extra charge.

The hotel it self is in a fabulous location overlooking the harbour and the lake and near the "lanes " of the town itself with great restaurants and shops. There are two restaurants at the hotel, one on the first floor with great views from the veranda . However this is closed on a Monday so my friends ate at the other restaurant on the ground floor and all enjoyed and praised the food.

I would recommend this family hotel very highly and can not wait to return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Boston
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Good.......Great location, nice, clean hotel
The Bad........No A/C as advertised, when I asked to have it turned on I was told it was turned off for the season ( this was September!) although I was still charged an in-season rate. I was told to open my window. However, if you open the window you get to listen to the noise from the outdoor restaurant or the live music which plays until 11PM. Next time I will seek a quieter location where the management is more attentive to a basic need of having a quiet, non-stuffy place to sleep. There are a number of other 3 star hotels in the area that will meet this need.

Room Tip: unfortunately all of the rooms with a view will expose you to noise from restaurants or music
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stairmaster
Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

The excellent service started several days before our stay. I had read about Gardesana in the newspaper months before and when my wife suggested visiting Milan and Verona I suggested a few days on Lake Garda too. Unfortunately either due to availability or operator error I booked us into Hotel Galvani instead. When I realised my error I booked our last night in Italy at Gardesana, returning there from our two days in Milan. Whilst at Hotel Galvani we visited Gardesana and they kindly agreed to look after one of our bags whilst we were in Milan and booked a taxi to the airport for the morning of our departure.
When we arrived at the hotel from Milan we certainly were not disappointed. Our room was much larger than any previous hotel room, the wifi worked perfectly and was simplicity itself to access. The view of the lake and harbour was spectacular. Actually it's rather hard to choose which is most spectacular, the view from the hotel or the view of the hotel. Whether drinking wine on the terrace or dining on the first floor restaurant balcony you feel you are in a very special, timeless place. We will be back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David W
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Everything lived up to our expectations the view from our balcony room at the front was wonderful and we enjoyed being close to village life while being fairly quiet in this idyllic little corner overlooking the old harbour and castle. There was dancing outside in the café area on our first evening , it was quite wonderful to watch the Italians show off their ballroom skills with couples joining in as they passed by! The market winding its way all around the harbour on Monday morning was quite the best I have seen Breakfast on the terrace looking out over the lake was a great way to start the day and although rather expensive the food served from there in the evening was a delight! We also had a very good meal in their other restaurant next door and the staff were very friendly and spoke perfect English as well as other languages I suspect! The reception staff were very helpful and Emma especially when I made the booking with advise on transfers from the airport. A very special place.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front have the view and the best ones with balcony only seem to be available when b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Vicenza, Italy
Reviewed September 10, 2013

A beautiful place with great location, Staff very helpful and Spoke English, Italian as well, The hotel is right on the Lake,and boat basin, everything was within walking distance. Close to shopping and dinning as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
francoforte
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night only around mid-August 2013. The location is beautiful, a wonderful corner of the village right on the lake. The staff was very helpful, especially at my arrival, which was very late. The breakfast is served in a beautiful terrace, always overlooking the lake. Food and drinks at the breakfast were ok, not something i would define amazing but certainly not behind what i was expecting. The room was also okay, nothing special in the furniture or the bathroom decoration, but the view i guess was paying for it, as it was really nice. A parking is available at some 100 yards from the hotel and the village itself is very nice to explore. I did not eat there so cannot judge the restaurant. Maybe there are a number of hotels that would fare similarly but i guess the location can hardly be better than what offered by Gardesana.

Room Tip: I would take a room with a lake-view....otherwise...why would one come here?
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fabio-ff
Arbroath, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Highly recommend this excellent restaurant. Food was fantastic and wine menu was excellent.
Our waiter Miro and his staff offer customers outstanding customer service, the location is ideallic for couples and families
10 out of 10
Thanks Miro for a wonderful dining experience

The Farquharsons from Scotland

Hotel delle Rose
Hotel delle Rose
#12 of 26 in Torri del Benaco
Hotel Caesius Thermae & Spa Resort

Been to Hotel Gardesana? Share your experiences!