Le Gemme di Artemisia Cooking school Weddings & Accomodation
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband and I took the cooking class for my birthday. It was just the two of us and we received a warm welcome - even though we were late. Our fault as I didn't follow the directions properly - you need to put their info into the sat nav and not the Google address!

We made gnocchi, eggplant pies and sweet and sour (Italian style!) chicken followed by cookies for dessert. All delicious and helped down with some lovely local wine!

Unfortunately we were only able to get a glimpse of the stunning view for a few minutes before the mist settled in, but luckily we got a few photos in to remember it by! I would definitely recommend this cooking experience to anyone with a love of fine Italian food!

• Visited April 2013
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

1 Thank MarlsC

Trento, Italy
“A Perfect Day and 2 new Friends”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband surprised my friend and I with a day at a cooking school in Italy. We didn't really know what to expect, and I was hoping it would be "hands on" and we could learn by doing versus being a passive observer. Chef Andrea and Laura's class far exceeded our expectations, I don't think I have enough superlative's to describe how fantastic it was. The location above Lago di Garda was breathtaking. The cuisine was a beautiful blend of creativity, simplicity and elegance. For example; we prepared spignola affumicata, (sea bass lightly smoked with olive wood chips), fresh made pasta, risotto con tartuffo, duck breast with a balsamic reduction. We literally had tears of joy when we ate the pasta. The flavors of all the dishes were exquisite, and we are endeavoring to put to use what we learned by using the techniques taught by Chef Andrea. We especially treasured our time getting to know Andrea and Laura. They are wonderful and gracious hosts. We hope to return someday soon.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Shawn_and_Pauline
Oxford
“Exceptional”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I've been meaning to write this review for a long time, I'm not really a review person but Andrea and Lara's place definitely warrants mention.

The first time we found Le Gemme di Artemisia was in May 2007, they had only just opened (we were the first to scribe in their visitors book). What an experience, stunning setting, incredible food. The spaghetti with sea bass, tomatoes and basil was to die for. We returned a few days later and were treated to an impromptu pasta making lesson. Roasted partridge and ricotta ravioli with lamb. I've been making pasta ever since.

For my 40th birthday in June 2011 my wife gave me a present of a 2 day cookery course at the restaurant. Lara with her sommelier wisdom and Andrea with his passion for creating truly beautiful food have a genuine enthusiasm for everything they do.

Would I recommend this restaurant? Without reservation
Is it expensive? For dinner, relatively, but really good food and wine always is and it's worth every penny. The cookery classes are a bargain considering you then eat what you've just made, a 4 course lunch with wines to match.
Would I come here again? I'm just looking for an excuse.

• Visited November 2011
Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Next to Heaven”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Our half-day cooking class at this beautiful place perched on a steep hillside above the town of Torri on Lake Garda was a highpoint of our trip. Andrea and Laura are enraging, hospitable and their place is drop-dead gorgeous. We had fun with the cooking, the banter and, most especially, the eating. We'd go back again.

• Visited September 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Unique & wonderful!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Whilst visiting Torri in July this year we had a taster meal at Le Gemme and it was fantastic.
Lovely fresh produce and the perfect setting.
I'm not sure we will experience another restaurant quite like it and are heading back to Le Gemme next year as the venue for our wedding reception....can't wait!

Travelers who viewed Le Gemme di Artemisia Cooking school Weddings & Accomodation also viewed

Torri del Benaco, Province of Verona
Garda, Province of Verona

Torri del Benaco, Province of Verona
Brenzone, Province of Verona

Been to Le Gemme di Artemisia Cooking school Weddings & Accomodation? Share your experiences!