I've traveled extensively throughout China, but my weekender to Moganshan was the most fun and memorable. We booked a whole house with 16 friends, went fishing (albeit not too successfully), wandered through the bamboo forests, had a magnificent bbq, and breathed fresh air (believe me, something very refreshing when you live in Shanghai). And at night, we played all assortments of games. The staff, from booking to arrival, were extremely helpful and vibrant, and I absolutely loved the house, full of quirky furniture and fantastic hiding places for Murder in the Dark! I can't comment on the food, as I was fortunate enough to have magnificent friends that catered for us while I was busy making promises of catching fish. Not visiting Naked Retreats when you're in Shanghai is like not ordering from Sherpas when you're hungover - you really need to do it if you're going to survive there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- naked Home Village is a boutique eco-hotel nestled in the pristine bamboo forest of Moganshan, Zhejiang Province, China. Set in the most breathtaking natural environment, the traditional farmhouses have been painstakingly restored into rustic chic bungalows with all the modern amenities. A unique destination that offers our guests an array of activities combined with highly personalized services, naked is truly a home away from home. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Naked Home Village Hotel Deqing County
- Naked Retreats Deqing County
- Naked Retreats Hotel Deqing County
- Naked Home Village China/Deqing County