All reviews ski instructor special thanks ski area circus team restaurant manager free flow ski rental flying trapeze buffet restaurant hotpot per day warm feeling nice facilities families with kids on christmas eve the main attraction apple garden
Selected filters
Reviewed March 5, 2019

This is my second Club Med experience, the first one being last year at Beidahu. I had expected Yabuli Club Med to be more established since it was opened much earlier in 2010, so all the rough patches with a new place should have been ironed out by now. Unfortunately, that is not true in hoteling where the staff turnout is usually high. Upon arrival, a staff met me at the lobby with a stoic face and ended the registration quickly with a band around my wrist. I had to prompt her to tell me more about the resort, even then, she only gave me a very scratchy description. I wonder if she was new to the job. We had to explore the place ourselves and peer at the program pasted in the elevator to know what activities were available.
The rooms were heated by central heating system, and as this year's winter was very short, the mercury was raising above the freezing point day after day, so the rooms became very hot and stuffy, and we actually have to leave the windows open.
Food wise, only the Apple Pine restaurant was available to the guest daily, and the variations were limited. We stayed 4 nights and already saw repetition of the dishes nightly. Most of the dishes were cold, except the noodles which were cooked upon order. Unlike Beidahu which offered hot pot nightly, this option was not available at Yabuli Club Med. After the Nova virus epidemic in Feb, the resort finally got onto it feet again where the staff guarded the restaurant entrance with a bottle of hand sanitiser. But after a few days, one can sense that the staff was starting to let their guards down again.
When we booked the rooms, there was no option to include transport to and from the airport. We had to call to arrange. When we asked about the transport arrangement leaving the resort, the staff quoted an exorbitant fare, twice the amount if we hire a taxi. The wifi connection in the resort was intermittent, and caused much inconvenience when we were trying to arrange our transport.
Skiing wise, the instructors who took my group class, Leo and David, were very professional and helped to improve my skiing skills. I can't blame the weather for the short winter this year, which made the slopes rather icy and slippery. However, during the weekend when the number of guests remarkably increased and the group class became larger, there was still only one instructor assigned to teach level 2A and level 2B. These are relatively more demanding levels and require more supervision, so I don't understand how they only assigned one instructor to a dozen students?
Other facilities, such as bar, gym, swimming pool, spa, yoga room are the same as Beidahu. In addition, there was an outdoor jacuzzi, and a room for rock-climbing and trapeze. The nightly shows were amateurish, as expected.
All in all, I am disappointed with the infrastructure and staff service at Yabuli Club Med.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

This is my first time staying with Club Med and I am definitely impressed by everything that was offered there (the service, food, performances etc). Specially thankful for all the GOs who were really very welcoming and friendly, especially the circus team (Monika, Nick and Maggie) who were really very professional in what they do; and also the friendly GOs that spent time with us in the nights (Kris, Otto, Bala and many more). Patrick (the general manager) was always around and helpful. The ski instructors were all very responsible. The Kungfu Panda show was also very well planned and entertaining! All in all, I really appreciate everything that I have experienced there and this would be one of the most unforgettable trip that I have ever been to!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank _Rui3210
Reviewed February 23, 2019

We went to Yabuli for a skiing weekend. Being both of us originally from the US living in Asia we were looking for a close by ski destination in with international ambience.Club Med Yabuli was exactly that. Skiing in the sunshine, good food and a team with bright smiles.Thanks to Patrick and team for a joyful time..we will be back.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2019

We were visiting Yabuli as part of a round trip in China to relax from the touring before heading back to Europe. The team is welcoming and extremely friendly- a lot of the staff speaks english so it was easy to communicate. The ski area is small but well maintained. Special thanks to the Mini Club team- our kids loved it. The general manager Patrick from Germany was always around and helpfull. Only down point are the surroundings of the hotel..could be better maintained and cleaner.

Room tip: Ask for a top floor room as it is quite and the view is better
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2019

The family was in Club Med Yabuli in Dec 2018 for a 7 day skiing trip. On the 3rd day, my wife and our younger daughter suffered from stomach pains and wet stools. We visited the clinic but was told no medicine could be dispensed as they were not sure what was the cause. On the 4th day it was my turn. It became so severe that I had to plead with them to give me anti-diarrhea pills. Only on the last day did we recover fully.
Overall the GOs were extremely friendly and nice, but i think there is a serious mis-management of the overall well-being of the guests. I understand that during the Dec period, our family was not the only guests who suffered. I recently learnt that 100 guests were down with stomach flu symptoms during the lunar new year holiday in Feb. The signs were there as early as Dec 2018.

Date of stay: December 2018