Riviera Sunrise Resort & SPA, ALUSHTA
All reviewslobby barrivieramountainsrequestsbathrobesconclusionjacuzziguestsorderseasonsecurityfurnituredesignspaamenitiestowelscrimea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Was here on March with my boyfriend. Very nice and cosy hotel.
Location - close to the sea and sea promenade. Good and calm location.
Food - tasty, good one.
Room - we had Superior room. Quite big, spacious, a lot of pillows.
Staff - I know that it was not "high" season, but at night time I saw only security on reception. And at day time - there was a 2 receptionist: girl and boy. Very strange...
In hotel I didn't like 3 things: 1-there is no Wi-fi in the room,only cable one, 2 - bathrobe - horrible! For me size was good, but for my BF - so small! And the material - not the best one. 3 - TV - from Soviet time?! It was very old big one...
What can I say - I liked this hotel, but its typically NOT Radisson one... Now they r building another, new part of the hotel near this one. Hope it'll be better.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Margarito4ka_
YFikret, General Manager at Riviera Sunrise Resort & SPA, ALUSHTA, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us.
Feedback from our guests are so valuable, since we get the chance to correct them and provide better service.
We are opening our new modern building in the end of May and you are very welcome to stay and enjoy time here in Crimean peninsula!
Please contact me directly for your next booking at Radisson Resort & SPA Alushta.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed there for 3 nights during the weekend as a short break near the sea. I have chosen the hotel because I trust Radisson brand and hope to meet the same standards, but it was definitely not the case. The hotel is located in small village Alushta, in nice 1900-s built building, very close to the beach. Nothing more positive about. The room was rather small, not well-maintained, with broker air conditioner and Soviet-style bed. I asked to change a room but was declined because the hotel was fully booked. The breakfast was ok, not lot choices, no "local favour", just very basic dishes like eggs, cold cuts, etc. The reception staff was indifferent to all the requests and it looked like I bother them so much asking to fix air conditioner in the room. The beach was packed by people and garbage.

For all that I payed around 140 eur/night. Never come back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank GennB
YFikret, General Manager at Riviera Sunrise Resort & SPA, ALUSHTA, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. Sorry that you were made to feel a little disappointed with regards to air condition.
Feedback from our guests are so valuable for us, since we get the chance to correct them and provide better service.
We are looking forward to welcome you in the near future in our Hotel again.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My girlfriend and I were interested in making a long weekend trip out of Moscow during the June 12th "Russia Day" weekend and selected the Radisson Blu. The location is very good, the building is a nice pre-Revolutionary building, and Alushta has some nice restaurants.

Completely avoidable problems with the hotel included:
1. There are no signs to get to the hotel from the highway. The neighboring restaurant "Vstrecha" has more signs than this allegedly 4 star hotel. And we both speak Russian, so if you don't it would only be harder.
2. No air conditioning the whole 4 days we were there. "We are waiting for some spare parts from abroad. Such is our country."
3. The first 2 days we ate a buffet breakfast in the basement. Then they had a conference and decided that only conference attendees could eat breakfast in the basement. We learned about this when on the third day we went down to the basement and were told we "were in the wrong place." Training anyone?
4. One day they decided that the beach (which is only pebbles anyway) wasn't smooth enough and that they needed to close the beach so they could have a diesel-fume-spewing Belorussian tractor run up and down the beach from 9 to 5 so that the stones would be smoother. Beach closed with no notice.
5. They are working on an expansion of the existing building and in furtherance of this objective left rebar, concrete blocks and bags of cement strewn about.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank johnhhaskell

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review.

Your comments are of extreme concern to us.
We are looking forward to welcome you in the near future in our Hotel again.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We travalled to Radisson Blue at the end of July - beginning of August, 2012. At first sight and upon arrival, the hotel seemed perfect (specially in comparison with other places we've been to in Crimea with bugs, spiders, running water on and off, etc). However, soon this ideal place was distorted by so many things that are typical for Ukrainian culture. For starters, we got pretty hungry and decided to dine out at their Restaurant La Veranda. The first dinner was just gross simply because of not fully cooked pork with so much blood that I wanted to puke (sorry for my language but it was disgusting). During our next dinner the following night, nobody even came to us to take the order. When we approached the front desk receptionist, he seemed too busy talking on the phone regarding his personal matters while starring at us. Two minutes later he finally decided to tell his friend, people showed up at his desk. When we asked if the restaraunt outside was possibly closed, he assured it was open. And then with a lazy look said someone would approach us in couple minutes. He then decided to go back to his convo with the friend, and we returned to our table. It was decided 15 mins later that nobody will come, and we left hungry, disappointed, and very very angry. To add to the whole dining experience - room service is ok. If you are ok with people not brining what you order - like ICE in this hot weather, then you will be ok staying here.
Ok enough about the restaurant. Let's go next to room cleaning. The folder that has all info regarding the hotel simply stinks with molded cheese and prolly has never been cleaned before. Like a regular guy, I like to have a cup of coffee in the morning. So like a normal guy I used a spoon to stir it. And guess what happened after we came back from the pool after the room was "cleaned"? Well the spoon has been put in this wooden box where it was before dirty and very sticky. Seems like something a 4 star hotel with international presence should be doing exactly such things!
We were happy at first to find out there were smoking rooms. But guess what? We booked it and throughout the duration of our stay nobody even offered to bring us an ashtray.
These were bad experiences with the hotel but there were quite a few pleasant ones. The place is ideal for couples, there arent many people even in their hot season(but that's most probably cuz of the price). The pool is amazing, the pool boy who brings you towels and arranges everything you need at the pool is very nice. The pool has also a space for small children and a variety of toys that can be used.
We stayed on the third floor and it had a beautiful sea view. As for the sea, it was dirty probably because of the storm. The space around the hotel is small but looks pretty with all the trees, bushes, and flowers.
The bed and pillows were very soft, and dark dark curtains allowed you to sleep well and enjoy the most relaxing nights you've ever had.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank KandO60713

Dear Guest,
I would like you thank you very much for taking time to point out the problems, which you faced during your stay.
Your comments have been noted. I would like to personally apologize for the disappointment that you had expressed in this review. We are looking forward to welcome you in the near future in our hotel again.

Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Radisson alushta is different from other hotels of this brand. We checked-in in the night and than we came in to the room the lock of the bathroom was broken. We asked to fix it. But on reception we was given a promise to solve the problem in the morning. After 10 minutes of debates on the theme how we can take a shower with an open door we have got a new room. By the way the lock Of the bathroom was not working again this time, but we decided to stay because we were tired. Next day we went to the beach where was a lot of garbage. Range of food in the breakfast was poor. Stuff is inattentive. So, I think people should think twice before choosing this hotel for vacation.

• Stayed: July 2012
8  Thank Alenika

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking time to write your honest feedback and comments.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused. I will personally address each issue with the concerned manager and ensure that immediate corrective action is taken in order that these will no longer reflect on the normal high standards and services at our property.