Elephant Springs Hotel & Cabanas
Klip & Kristal Guest House(Bela Bela)(Great Value!)
$85
$153
Protea Hotels
  • Pool
Summerset Place Country House(Bela Bela)(Great Value!)
$53
Sondela Nature Reserve Accommodation(Bela Bela)(Great Value!)
$107
  • Pool
De Kunst Huisje(Bela Bela)(Great Value!)
$39
Buyskop Lodge(Bela Bela)(Great Value!)
$44
$204
Phumelelo Lodge(Bela Bela)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnice roompool tableget awaykenminacleaners
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was on a business trip to Bela Bela and stayed at the Elephant Springs Hotel for five nights. On arrival I was informed that the hotel did not received our bookings due to a system fault on their side. I did managed to get rooms for all concerned. The hotel receptionist gave us the opportunity to choose rooms and after a long search we managed to get acceptable rooms to stay in.

The bathroom was filthy and there where no towels. The wash basin is painted and the paint was peeling off making it extremely unhealthy. Although the linen was clean, the duvet inner and pillows was stained and looked horrible. On my second nights stay a group of children was extremely loud outside my room and I could not sleep after a long hard days work. I complained to the hotel management and it did not improved. I eventually collapsed on my bed as I was exhausted.

The next morning I was once again woken up by yelling kids outside my room and went for breakfast. I was utterly shocked and disgusted to see the condition of the breakfast room. Dirty plates, cups and cutlery was lying all over, even between the food I was suppose to eat. The photos is proof of this.

This hotel will NEVER EVER SEE ME AGAIN. YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE HOTEL INDUSTRY AND SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rudi N
South O, Guest Relations Manager at Elephant Springs Hotel & Cabanas, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for your review. During your stay we were also host to a group from the Department of Education. Unfortunately, these guests disturbed all other guests at our establishment despite our efforts to contain the noise. We have agreed that all future groups will be housed in our separate self-catering accommodation so that hotel guests are not disturbed. The photographs of our restaurant is a result of the group having finished their breakfast, and these were taken during the cleaning up process by the waiters as pictured in your photographs. We understand that this large group inconvenienced other hotel guests and we apologize profusely for this. The General Manager has confirmed that he attended to your every need during your stay and offered your organizers alternate accommodation during your stay in respect of the noisy group. Apologies for the confusion with regard to your booking. We are investigating the technical glitch.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I spent one night here en route back home from a trip to Botswana. The facade and entrance of this hotel is attractive and the staff was helpful. The rooms are a disappointment though. Bedding was soiled with no duvet, just a bedspread, not enough for winter. The taps in the bathroom were faulty needed replacing. Kettle is placed on a table with no available plug?? had to move kettle to the floor to boil water. Carpets were dirty. I understand that the hotel is being refurbished but there is no excuse for poor housekeeping. Some of my friends did not have coffee or milk or sugar it all depended what room you were in. This needs urgent attention.

Room Tip: check the bedding and sheets first.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
South O, Guest Relations Manager at Elephant Springs Hotel & Cabanas, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to review your stay. Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused due to issues raised in your feedback. These matters are receiving our urgent attention and is being addressed. We are in the process of refurbishing our establishment and we apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back upon completion of our renovations.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hotel is located in the centre of Bela-Bela. It is not the best part of this small country town in the midst of safari-land, but is close to the hot springs, restaurants and shops. Elephant Springs is being refurbished and is not in great shape right now, but potentially could be once the work is completed. It is safe and friendly.

There is a pretty pool in the centre of the hotel, surrounded by rooms. My room was outward-facing and was tired and in need of work. The basin had no plug, one bedside light did not work and the refreshment station included only coffee and rooibos tea. No doubt, if I had stayed longer, that would all have been sorted out the next day. I left before 6am breakfast and was provided with a pack to eat on the road by the very helpful kitchen staff. I also did not eat at the buffet restaurant that evening, electing instead to buy an excellent piece of fried fish at the SPAR conveniently close by – for no other reason than I was not particularly hungry.

Overall I think I might stay there again if I am just passing through for the night, but I think there are B&B's in the area that currently offer similar or better value. If I was to holiday in the area, which I usually do annually, I would choose one of the wild life resorts that are plentiful in the area. Without doubt, the standout feature is the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
South O, Guest Relations Manager at Elephant Springs Hotel & Cabanas, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to review your stay. Thank you for informing us of the missing items from your room - it is receiving our urgent attention and is being addressed. We are in the process of refurbishing our establishment and we apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you during your stay. We are conveniently located in the centre of town and trust that, once our refurbishing has been completed, we will be not only best value for money, but also the destination of choice. Guests who have stayed in our new rooms have already complimented us on them, and we look forward to offering all future guests these new rooms.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I visited Elephant Springs Hotel and stayed in cabana 18 on the weekend of 22 March 2013 .I really had an excellent weekend getaway ,the place is newly renovated and beautiful .The staff was awesome ;Dimakatso ,Jeniffer ,Mokgadi and the house keeping guy whom I ommitted to get his name ,thank you so much .The neighbours during my stay there were also nice and friendly ,I believe they enjoyed their stay as much as I did .I really like the place and would like to make it my home away from home.Looking forward to my next soonest visit .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
South O, Guest Relations Manager at Elephant Springs Hotel & Cabanas, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Benny, thank you kindly for your lovely post on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your compliments will be passed on to the team who I am sure will be delighted. We look forward to welcoming you back home soonest.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

The font of house staff are excellent. Will to assist and accommodate a very fussy client. The first room shown was on the small side but the staff were willing to change our booking to a better room. Thoroughly enjoyed the cold beers by the pool.

• Stayed: March 2013
South O, Guest Relations Manager at Elephant Springs Hotel & Cabanas, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to compliment us on the level of service you experienced at the Elephant Springs. We value your feedback and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We welcome you back to Elephant Springs where the cold beers by the pool will be ready and waiting.