“Impressive”

Ibis Milano Malpensa Aeroporto
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I spent 2 nights in this hotel!
I was impressed by the quality of this hotel.
Staff: excellent, some of them a little too easygoing than others but all of them with absolutely the knowledge of what hospitality and service is.
Room: simple as an ibis hotel but very clean, not small at all, TV with lots of channels. soap was in dispensers...not very romantic to know that other people has touched it before you.
Restaurant: very nice, the food is not good, I'm sorry but it really is not. But the service is good
Breakfast: simple, not bad, Cappuccino was really very good (as it comes from a machine I thought it would not have been good but...:) I drank 2 :)
Shuttle bus: perfectly on time, every 30 minutes
Lobby: nice and clean
I was impressed by this hotel. I was also impressed by seeing the director at hotel every day mornings and evenings. She paid attention to every detail. There is no secret, a good and present manager is an asset.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Un_Voyage_pour_3
ORIETTA_COPPI, Direttore at Ibis Milano Malpensa Aeroporto, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Dear Guest,
I would really like to thank you for reporting your positive feedback following your stay at the Ibis Milano Malpensa. Besides offering a quality service, we try to make our guests' stay as pleasant and satisfying as possible. I will not forget to share your comments with all my staff. Hoping to welcome you again on the next future, I sends you my very best regards
Orietta Coppi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,515)

Reviewed September 16, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Joao M

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank vivahow

Reviewed September 15, 2013

It's very close to the airport with free shuttles to/from the hotel. Not very clear where the shuttle lands in the airport though, had to walk quite a lot to find it.
I went to the city center and my dad left my key in the reception for me, when i got there (23:00~) i asked the receptionist for the key stating the room number & then my full name and she told me just "no, sorry". I asked "what do you mean no? i want the key.." and she kept repeating "No!". I called my dad and she told him she's too busy to deal with us right now. We went to another guy-receptionist and asked him again and she got in-between us, now saying "sorry, but he didn't say the correct name". My dad and I carry the same first & last name. What name does she want me to say? Anyway, the guy-receptionist gave us a total new (electronic) key without asking any further questions.
That has basically ruined my whole stay in the hotel...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank geo t

Dear guest,
I'm sorry that your stay at the Ibis Milano Malpensa was not up to your expectations, and please, accept our most sincere apologies. I assure you, that it has been an isolated episode, that is not part of our standard. Our staff is periodically trained to give always a customer-oriented service.
Regarding the inconvenience you faced with the shuttle bus, please take good note that the hotel free shuttle service runs to the Terminal 1 (Terminal 2 on request) every 30 minutes from 5 am to midnight and from the airport every 15 "and 45" of each hour. The pick-up point at Terminal 1: is at the arrival zone, exit 10 (for Terminal 2 is in front of the pharmacy).
We are ready to welcoming you again, trying to regain your confidence.
Best regards,

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We arrived late at night after a flight from Moscow. We used the hotel shuttle bus and had to wait about 30 mins. My wife rang the hotel to check the departure point which was different to the information we had been given.

On arrival at the hotel, the staff were efficient and helpful. The room was compact but functional for our one night stay. It did not have a room safe but that was not really an issue. It was clean, the beds were very comfortable and the bathroom had all the amenities needed.

The breakfast was basic but adequate and the staff member there was very helpful. In all a very good stay and a place we would highly recommend at the Malpensa Airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Burglar

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to submit a review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Milano Malpensa and hope to welcome you again. Best Regards,

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Our stay happened to collide with the Italian Formula One race which puts pressure on most of the hotels around Milan. Strangely the management had chosen to transfer personnel from the front desk to the restaurant/bar leaving the front desk manned with just one, really stressed receptionist. As a Le Club Platinum member I waited at the priority desk were I was forgotten/ignored. After making myself heard, the check in procedure was inefficient and interrupted by several phone calls. Felt sorry for the woman behind the desk.

Yes, the hotel was completely full - but a completely useless WiFi connection (overloaded?) and warm water that changed from ice cold to burning hot made us leave the hotel one day earlier than planned.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EricLofberg

Dear Guest, I'm sorry that our service was not up to your expectations. The Ibis always want to offer the highest quality of service, therefore, your opinion is valuable to us. Hoping to welcoming you again, I send you my best regards.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The hotel is very close to the Malpensa Airport and they have a free shuttle bus service. Our room was clean and bed comfortable. Staff all had good English and were helpful. Now, to the bad points...while the hotel is close to the airport, it certainly is not close to anything else. Food and drink at the hotel is very pricey and average at best. The breakfast is also very limited. The room had no tea or coffee facilities. There was little room for storing anything and we tended to trip over our luggage in the small room.

For eating we eventually found a nice place called Nel Buco del Mulo. Food was cheaper than at the hotel and much better quality. Just head past the Best Western hotel nearby and into the woods. Although it looks like you are travelling to nowhere there is this restaurant a few hundred yards in. Make sure you ask them for an itemised bill at the end; we think we were over charged, it may have been by accident though.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank saniyan

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to submit a review of our hotel. I am sorry to know that the restaurant did not satisfy your expectations. Please, accept our most sincere apologies. We are ready to welcoming you again, trying to regain your confidence.
Best regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cardano al Campo
Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport
Best Western Hotel Cavalieri Della Corona
Best Western Hotel Cavalieri Del...
#3 of 6 in Cardano al Campo
Idea Hotel Plus Milano Malpensa Airport
Cardano Hotel Malpensa
Cardano Hotel Malpensa
#1 of 6 in Cardano al Campo

Been to Ibis Milano Malpensa Aeroporto? Share your experiences!