“Great hotel, terrible shuttle driver!”

Ibis Milano Malpensa Aeroporto
New Brighton, Minnesota, USA
“Great hotel, terrible shuttle driver!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We found a great price, about half of comparable hotels, online. Problem was, the NAME of the hotel is listed on that website, as ibis Milano Melpenza Aeroporto Hotel, and because of that poorly-labeled "ibis" w/no caps, we didn't realize that was part of the name! SO, at the airport, we watched as our free shuttle drove by, since the shuttle was labeled "ibis" and "Novotel", and we KNEW we had passed on the more expensive Novotel, didn't recognize the ibis!
SO, when we did finally ask the driver and take the shuttle, we mentioned we didn't know the our hotel name, but knew the address was "100 via Campo", so we asked the driver "what is the address of these 2 hotels?", and he wouldn't let us off at OUR ibis hotel, but said it must be the next Novotel!! He did NOT know the address of either; at the Novotel desk, they knew theirs was #99. We had to drag all out luggage down the street to our hotel! Both are Accor hotels, too!
I know it was stupid of us, to have missed that "ibis" in the name; although I knew it was a bird, we thought it was maybe an Italian word indicating something else, since it wasn't capitalized (like, "reference").
Bottom line: the shuttle driver should KNOW the addresses of hotels on his route!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

ORIETTA_COPPI, Direttore at Ibis Milano Malpensa Aeroporto, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time you take to submit a review of our hotel. I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Milano Malpensa; but in the meantime, I am sorry that you faced an inconvenience with the shuttle driver.
Hoping to welcome you again at our hotel, I send you my very best regards,
Orietta Coppi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide SA
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Ok booked this place for location to airport.
Glad we did perfect for what we wanted.
Shuttle service nice bonus. Room clean & comfortable.
Check in quick , friendly & helpful. Nice price too !
Would recommend & stay again if in Milan.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ORIETTA_COPPI, Direttore at Ibis Milano Malpensa Aeroporto, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time you take to submit a review of our hotel and I am really glad to read that you would recommend our Hotel. Looking forward to welcome you again, I send you my best regards.
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I like it
will come back again
room good
wifi work
service good
food is ok could be better.
every thing perfect wll recomonde
love it
nice
ok
room size is ok,
What made this such a great hotel was the service, style, location and cleanliness of the room

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear guest,
thank you for reporting your positive opinion regarding your stay at the Ibis Milano Malpensa, and I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Hoping to welcome you again in the next future, I send you my very best regards.
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I lke here room are nice clean.
Service is good.
Food is ok
Wi fi work good
Not too far from milan.
I will come back.
Excellent job from ibis hotel.
Like thr group
My review is over I don't have any thing to write

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,
I am very glad to read your appreciation following your stay at the Ibis Milano Malpensa and is a pleasure for me to know that we have met your expectations. Hoping to welcome you again in our hotel, I take this opportunity to send you my best regards.
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Ibis and will return on our next trip to Italy. The staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and modern. The bed was extra comfortable. The shuttle to and from the airport was reliable and the driver was really helpful and made sure we got to the right place to rent a car. The shower had lots of pressure and hot water at all times. The wifi worked well and the room has a flat screen TV. It's too bad the only stations in English were CNN or BBC. The air conditioning wasn't working in our room and a maintenance guy came up to our room but then apologized and said it was broken and left. Him or the desk clerk didn't offer to switch us to another room. It never worked during our stay but it wasn't too hot anyway. The only thing the room could use is a tea/ coffee maker and or a fridge. The location is great for visiting Lake Como ,Maggiore or Lugano for a day trip. The hotel The hotel was a good value and we look forward to our next stay. :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time you take to submit a review of our hotel. I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Milano Malpensa and we do apologize for the inconvenience regarding the air condition. The period you talk about, unfortunately occurred during the exact time of passage between heating and air condition, the hotel is now fully air conditioned and we will be more than glad to welcome you again at our hotel.
Best regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here, like others, because of an early morning flight. The staff was fine, it was clean, and it was 10 minutes away from the airport. We ended u taking a taxi in the morning instead of the offered shuttle bus because we were told it would drop us a 15 minute walk away from departures and we had someone with limited mobility with us.
The rooms were spacious with good storage. The beds - can't imagine why no one mentions the beds! - are like futons with pads on them, they are not mattresses and were so uncomfortable, not one of the five of us slept very well. This was our 12th night in Italy and the only one during which we had trouble sleeping.
So for what you need, it's ok.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank laulipop
ORIETTA_COPPI, Direttore at Ibis Milano Malpensa Aeroporto, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear customer,
Thank you for your observations and for taking your time to submit a review of our hotel. I send you my very best regards.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I needed a good place to stay the night before I travelled home from my Italy vacation. My girlfriend suggested the Ibis Milano. I got in to the hotel around 830/9pm. I had been travelling all day, so I was tired. I brought my bags to my room, went down the dining area for a late dinner. Had a nice hot shower - slept really well and had breakfast in the morning. Awesome!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cardano al Campo
Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport
Cardano Hotel Malpensa
Cardano Hotel Malpensa
#1 of 6 in Cardano al Campo
Best Western Hotel Cavalieri Della Corona
Best Western Hotel Cavalieri Del...
#3 of 6 in Cardano al Campo
#2 of 10 in Somma Lombardo
First Hotel Malpensa
First Hotel Malpensa
#1 of 10 in Somma Lombardo

Been to Ibis Milano Malpensa Aeroporto? Share your experiences!