“Very nice overnight sleep near the airport”

Ibis Milano Malpensa Aeroporto
Prague, Czech Republic
“Very nice overnight sleep near the airport”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We chose hotel Ibis because of good reviews and because they offer a room without breakfast for excellent price 49eur.(our plane departured at 07:00a.m) Very nice and clean room with wonderful bathroom. We used shuttle bus from and to the airport for free. On the way to the hotel they recommend to call for shuttle, we decided so, but then we saw that driver checked the other terminal and nobody was there. It is better to call them.We didn´t try hotel restaurant(because of bad reviews) and went to Nel buco del mulo, 10 minutes walk in the forest. It is an interesting outdoor restaurant with little bit higher prices except pizzas(5-8eur). In the morning, we booked the first shuttle at 05:00 a.m. in advance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ORIETTA_COPPI, Direttore at Ibis Milano Malpensa Aeroporto, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to submit a review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Milano Malpensa. Following your feedback, I take the opportunity to mention that the hotel offers a free shuttle service that runs to the Terminal 1 (Terminal 2 on request) every 30 minutes and from the airport every 15 "and 45" of each hour, from 5 am to midnight. The pick-up point at Terminal 1 is at the arrival zone, exit 7 (for Terminal 2 is in front of the pharmacy).
Hoping to welcome you again on the next future, I send you my best regards.
Orietta Coppi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 23, 2012

It is a perfect place if you have very early flight from Malpensa Airport. The shuttle bus works perfectly and is free. It takes 10 minutes. Rooms are comfortable, quiet and clean. Very polite and helpful staff. We felt like in much more expensive hotel - I mean service standard.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ORIETTA_COPPI, Direttore at Ibis Milano Malpensa Aeroporto, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear customer,
Thank you so much for your review and for reporting your positive feedback concerning your stay at the Ibis Milano Malpensa. I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay and is a pleasure for me to know that we have met your expectations. Furthermore, Your review gives me the opportunity to mention that the hotel offers a free shuttle service that runs to the Terminal 1 (Terminal 2 on request) every 30 minutes from 5 am to midnight and from the airport every 15 "and 45" of each hour. The pick-up point at Terminal 1: is at the arrival zone, exit 7 (for Terminal 2 is in front of the pharmacy)
Looking forward to welcome you again on the next future. Sincerely,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I should start by saying I have never been treated more poorly at any hotel in my life. It was our last night in Italy so we decided to stay close to the airport. When we checked in I thought we were at Disneyworld since we had to wait 30 minutes in line just to get our rooms. We immediately knew the air conditioner was broken in two of our rooms so we tried to change rooms but they said they were full for the night and had nothing else. They denied they were broken and said they would be cool when we returned. We found out that they knew there was no air in those rooms and there were plenty of other guests complaining about the same thing. Instead of telling us when we checked in, they waited until midnight to admit the problem. My mother's room had NO working lights and her sink would drip on her feet whenever she turned it on. The floors were flithy everywhere. It was by far the dirty rooms we stayed in on our 10 day trip to Italy. When I go back to Europe, I will never stay at this chain again!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ivyfamily
Dear Guest,
I'm sorry that your stay at the Ibis Milano Malpensa was not up to your expectations, and please, accept our most sincere apologies.
This episode does not correspond to our standard: I assure you, that our staff is periodically trained in order to give a customer-oriented service; besides, I assure you that we take every day, all necessary actions to ensure a comfortable stay for all our clients in all our rooms.
We are ready to welcoming you again, trying to regain your confidence.
Yours sincerely
Hawarden, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We needed a good nights sleep before our flight home so the "sound proof" rooms appealed to us. They worked. Very quiet, clean room with a comfortable bed. Air con and shower very good.
Very welcoming staff at the desk and a very polite young man on the bar/ restaurant service area. The €13 bottle of vino wasn't half bad either. And I hate Italian wine, sorry! Never had any problems with the restaurant. Food was good, on time and you can see the chef cook it too.
Free car parking. Never used the shuttle so can't comment.
Wifi was €2 for 24 hours, although it was stated as free when I booked. Didn't bother complaining about €2.

Dear guest,
thank you for reporting your positive feedback concerning your stay at the Ibis Milano Malpensa, and I am glad that we have met your expectation. The positive feedback we receive from our guest is the best satisfaction we can have; it help us to maintain the high quality of the service we are offering. I will not forget to share your comments with all my staff.
Hoping to welcome you again on the next future, I sends you my best regards
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Hotel rooms are reasonably priced. Room is clean, no frills. Bathroom is clean and big, by Italy's standard. Bed is big. Breakfast is a let down. Breads are not fresh. Bread, coffee, drinking water, plates, utensils... keep running out, and the restaurant staff take a long time to refill / replenish. Maybe because the restaurant was understaffed. Though efficient, the reception staff are not friendly; except for one chubby lady who tried her best to attend to the guests with a smile. No free wi-fi in the rooms. No socket adaptor was available. Better eat before returning to the hotel; the hotel restaurant does not serve good food and there are no restaurants nearby. Location is near the Malpensa airport, but far from the city proper.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ORIETTA_COPPI, Direttore at Ibis Milano Malpensa Aeroporto, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking your time to reporting your feedback concerning your accommodation at the Ibis Milano Malpensa and I'm deeply sorry that your stay at the hotel was not up to your expectations. Please, accept our most sincere apologies, I assure you that it was a sporadic situation that does not match with our normal activity, furthermore, our staff is periodically trained in order to give a customer-oriented service. We are ready to welcoming you again, trying to regain your confidence.
Best regards,
india
Reviewed August 1, 2012

good value great hotel.

the reason why it doesn't get a full 5 star rating from me is its restaurant service. They took so much time.

It was not the problem of the staff...

the hotel is greatly understaffed... there were 2 hosts in the restaurant and they served over 40 people straight from cooking to service.

But otherwise its a great hotel and i will definitely return in all my future trips to malpensa.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
ORIETTA_COPPI, Direttore at Ibis Milano Malpensa Aeroporto, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time you take to submit a review of our hotel. I am really glad to read that you will return in all your future trips to Ibis Milano Malpensa; but in the meantime, I am sorry that you faced an inconvenience with the restaurant, I assure you, that it has been an isolated episode, that is not part of our standard. We will be more than glad to welcome you again at our hotel. Best regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cardano al Campo
Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport
Best Western Hotel Cavalieri Della Corona
Best Western Hotel Cavalieri Del...
#3 of 6 in Cardano al Campo
#4 of 6 in Cardano al Campo
First Hotel Malpensa
First Hotel Malpensa
#1 of 9 in Somma Lombardo

Been to Ibis Milano Malpensa Aeroporto? Share your experiences!