This is the worst Novotel we ever visited! And following to that my most negative review ever... We spend 2 horrible nights in here (my husband en me and our 2 children). First of all the room was too small, very dusty (dust everywhere, on the water boiler, on the beds, in the bathroom...) and very hot. There was airconditioning but it was not working. The staff was not friendly. When we went to breakfast after a night of no sleep, the lady who was 'welcoming' us, did not say good morning, did not say anything at all. When I said: "Good morning, do you want our room number?" She just nodded, without a smile or anything. We had to look for a decent table ourselves... I think that lady was too old for the job or completely demotivated... I don't know... Breakfast was one very expensive big disappointment .... Where should I start?... First of all, we could not find a clean chair. Nor clean forks, knives or spoons. Everything was absolutely dirty. Second of all: no one was working over there!!! A couple of waiters were talking to each other while there was almost nothing to eat! We were not too late at breakfast (also because the sleepless night), it was maximum 8 o'clock in the morning. So it could not have been that... No one offered us coffee, the espresso machine was broken (too expensive??), the orange juice looked and smelled old and the food... Well, there was nearly anything! (see pictures). And that lady who was not able to produce a smile wandered over the floor. Doing absolutely NOTHING except looking sad. We could not understand it at all! Did the manager die the day before?? The place was like a funeral (but I think you can eat better on a funeral...). We always had good experiences with Novotels, but this one was really terrible... I don't understand any positive reviews the people give for this hotel. I think only one thing is good about this hotel and that's the shuttle service. We did not take it, but other people did and apparently that is working quite well. We were so happy after the second sleepless night to leave that I really wanted to tell the receptionist what I thought if she would ask how our stay was. Unfortunately she did not ask and I was too tired to start about it myself... In this hotel the staff was poor, poor, poor.... Pay them more or motivate them to give some service, please...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Milan Malpensa Airport is a modern 4 star hotel with 208 rooms, just a few minutes from Terminals 1 and 2 of Milano Malpensa Airport, 35 km from the Exhibition Centre and 40 km from the centre of Milan. Free scheduled shuttle bus to and fromthe airport. Ideal for business trips, with a Convention Centre offering 6 meeting rooms (240 guests), business corner and WiFi. It features family rooms for 2 adults and 2 children, NovotelCafé (open 24 hrs), bar, gym, garden, outdoor pool and garage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, ACCOR and Odigeo so you can book your Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel Cardano Al Campo
- Cardano Al Campo Novotel
- Novotel Cardano Al Campo
- Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport Italy/Cardano Al Campo