All reviews free shuttle malpensa airport next morning pasta front desk staff an early morning flight convenient location mini bar room was spacious checking in hotel shuttle an overnight stay bw milan driver taxi cot
Selected filters
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

Good points: Free Shuttle Bus, Cheap breakfast and good base.

Stayed in the hotel during a weekend in July and found it clean tidy and basic.

Initially we were skeptical due to the TA reviews and how far away it is from Milan Centre, however it did its job.

Everything is a little dated, however it's a cheaper hotel and you're likely to spend most of your time outside it anyway. The bed was a little hard but this could be the standard double room setup so an upgrade may mean a better bed. There is a fridge in the room and was useful for midnight snacks.

Breakfast was €4 each for a decent buffet selection and you couldn't complain at the quality. Would recommend for convenience.

We didn't eat in the restaurants however they were looking quite full both nights we were there. Room service was the same as the restaurant menu however the vegetarian options were lacking a little.

Make use of the shuttle bus. When you arrive at the airport, call the hotel number and they'll pick you up - even before you've checked in. Then every time you need it just ask at reception or call from the airport. (We used a pay phone at the airport and it costs €0.40)

Staff were very helpful and helped us with flight times, taxi and train options when our flight was cancelled last minute.

Train from Malpensa airport into Milan was €18 and you save a little if you get a round trip ticket and head towards Cardona instead of Milan Centre. This takes you near the Castle and fountain.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelMoreMiles
Reviewed July 21, 2016

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as a last minute deal to visit Milan. It is quite a way from Milan, 25 minutes on the train from Malpensa Airport and costs 18 Euros for a return per person. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, it is about 10minutes from Malpensa Airport. The hotel run a free shuttle service, so make good use of this as we got ripped off by a taxi driver when we arrived! There is nothing around the hotel but we went into Milan on both days and had a lovely lunch and dinner out and just came back to the hotel in the evenings to sleep. We had breakfast one day and for 4 euros per person I can't complain. There was lots of selection including meats, egg, yoghurt, fruit, pastries, bread etc. You can have as much or as little as you like and I would recommend this for ease and value. It was perfect for visiting central Milan as the friendly shuttle drivers took us to and from the train station for free and we hopped on the train to Cadona Station and we were in the centre of Milan! They also picked us up when we called from the train station and were there within minutes. When we left they also took us to the airport for no fee and it was only 5-10minutes making the journey very easy for us. I would recommend staying here for visiting Milan but be prepared that there is no restaurants, bars etc outside of this hotel as it is off the motorway in an industrial estate. However for what we paid we had a fantastic time and the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly and the hotel was very clean.

Room tip: Make use of the FREE shuttle service, this will save you lots in taxi fares!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2016

I had to spend another night in Italy after a week in Milan. This is a good choice from a number of hotels near Malpensa Airport. I took the train to the airport then caught the free shuttle to the hotel. You do need a phone to call the shuttle! The shuttle back to the airport was so convenient.

The rooms are basic, and comfortable. The breakfast was very good.

The only problem is that it's not close to any other restaurants. I chose the buffet for dinner and much of it was inedible though I came early in the evening the mussels and chicken were just too overcooked. There were other items to choose from and water, wine and dessert were included.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2016

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
ivano d, Direttore vendite at Best Western Hotel Cavalieri Della Corona, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2016

Reviewed June 21, 2016

Ok for a night, nothing more. I had a very sad afternoon at the hotel. Basically I sat at an empty, freezing swimming pool with no towels or sign of any other human life. I then decided lunch may perk me up. I was wrong. The empty 'American Bar' (which more resembles a hospital waiting area from the 70's) didn't really have the ambience to entertain me for an hour as I waited for anyone to order water and lunch from. I did ask the reception staff several times if anyone was working in the bar. I was told with much distatse that someone would be there soon and was beginning to feel I had offended the staff by swimming in the deserted pool and trying to order a Gin and Tonic. Anyway - I finally got my lasagne, which tasted like a microwave meal and it was 19 euros. Brilliant. Pretty depressing place and not this best introduction to Italy - but hey it is an airport hotel, it's close to the airport with a free shuttle service. So if thats what you need, it will certainly suffice.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
ivano d, Direttore vendite at Best Western Hotel Cavalieri Della Corona, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2016

Good morning dear Alexandra,
thanks for your useful description of your experience in our hotel. About the afternoon time in the hotel as you can imagine being in a corporate and airport hotel during the week, life is not very animated as 80% of our arrivals are booked after 6pm, and the 90% of our departures are before 10 am. so we can share with you your loneliness feeling. But the cost of a Lasagna is € 9,00 not € 19,00.
Thanks anyway for your suggestion to renovate we are working on it.
Best regards,