“Great location, staff, bar, rooms”

Best Western Hotel Cavalieri Della Corona
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The hotel is very well located at just 5 minutes from Milan airport, the free shuttle is very convenient.
We extended our stay just to be able to visit the beautiful Lago Maggiore, the village of Angera is at only 20 minutes drive from the hotel. We parked our car in the village and took the ferry to Isola Bella.

The swimming pool allowed us to exercise after a long flight and we had a nice dinner with very good Italian red wine in the restaurant.

Front desk staff is very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Noa-Schmidt
There are newer reviews for Best Western Hotel Cavalieri Della Corona

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Hotel BEST WESTERN Cavalieri Della Corona Italy is Just 3 km from Milan Malpensa Airport, We all 45 member's of SOTC Group stay from 18.05.14 to 19.05.14 and or room no. is 204.The Cavalieri Della Corona offers free parking. Wi-Fi is free in the entire building. Our Group stay here the night as morning flight. The reception staff were very good; easy to talk to, helpful and good natures folks. Her we take our group photo

Room Tip: All rooms are in good location
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank djs482
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed for three nights. There were ups and downs and if we had known the below, it would have been excellent.

1) When arriving at Malpensa, ring for the shuttle bus. There's a freephone number as well: 800929318. The pick-up is 'gate 10' of terminal 1 (as far as you can walk, past the building site). We got this all wrong, waited an hour, everyone in the airport gave wrong and conflicting information, and ended up with a taxi (where the driver was rude and tried to rip us off). It was interesting that the reception staff didn't really care about all this...but they were better after this. Do note the phone number down - our booking information didn't include this or any of information about pick-up!

2) You can use the shuttle bus at any point to the airport (good for train travel...we had a super trip to Laveno on Lake Maggiore, for instance). The shuttle does need to be booked; plus don't expect the service to Rho (near Milan)...the website says this can run...but only on very few occasions.

3) Get the decent coffee at breakfast.... This is Italy and 'service' everywhere is different to other places. I would agree with comments in other reviews that the service is mixed, particularly in restaurants. Don't be put off by this...at breakfast do ask for a proper coffee (not one from the machine). They will get you one (which is so much nicer) even if there's a little (or quite a lot of) grumbling.

If we had known these three tips, our stay would have been better. The rooms are good, the situation perfectly pleasant, the pool a bonus, breakfast is super, and the shuttle service excellent (and the shuttle drivers are the few staff who really are fantastic in terms of service... they could teach other staff in the hotel quite a lot!).

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 5_9_2_8
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Had a two night stay at this hotel and I'm going to break it down in to manageable chunks.

The reception staff were very good; easy to talk to, helpful and good natured folks. The free shuttle to and from Malpensa was a godsend - the drivers were all fantastic, helping with bags, opening doors, giving advice on fares and attractions. This exceeded our expectations completely.

Our room was adequate - we had fairly hard bed but it didn't matter much after a day of walking around Milan. The bathroom was of a comfortable size; good shower, large bath, even a telephone next to the toilet. A kettle, safe and fridge in every room was more than we were expecting. Very good so far.

I would say the only negative is the restaurant staff. We had one evening meal there as well as breakfast on both mornings and there were two members of staff present on all three occassions who honestly made us feel like our presence had offended them. Perhaps it's a Milan thing against pale-skinned, British, early-30's folk like us, but Muhammed and an asian lady gave us some of the worst treatment I've ever had as a customer. We were herded to our table with "YOU GO THERE", had sighs of excrutiating pain when we ordered our evening meal and when my Pasta Milanese arrived the sauce was no different in look or taste to that of a jar of Homepride. The bill was also extortionate for two meals and two drinks - the beer being a no-brand which cost more per bottle than branded beers at the bar.

Breakfast was a constant scrum - the room is just too small and the food isn't replenished quick enough. The cold meats, cheeses, cereal and croissants are all good but the bacon, egg and sausage were of a quality I wouldn't feed to my dog. I also assume that, after clearing tables, the staff put items back which appear to be untouched - one of my girlfriend's croissants already had jam and butter in it. We were at least given table-served coffee when the line for the coffee machine was long.

The barman (seen in some photos already posted) was fantastic - made us feel very welcome. We came in from our evening meal the night before we flew out and had a really good long chat with him.

In short, stay at this hotel, but do yourself a favour and stay away from the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My family of 4 stayed here the night before an early morning flight. When we arrived at the airport we called for the shuttle to pick us up. We waited about 30 min. Check in was fast and easy. When we got to the room there was an unbearably strong odor. We looked around to see if there was a plug in or something and found nothing. Luckily the window opened but it was cold outside and when u opened the window the heat turned off. We asked for another room but was told that they didn't have any more rooms that would accommodate us.
We decided to leave the window open and go down for dinner that starting serving at 7 pm. When we got to the restaurant we discovered there were no kids menu. There was only one person we saw working. They had a buffet for $35. Since I could not get the attention of the only server working I decided to go back to front desk to ask about the buffet price for kids. She called the restaurant and after a lengthy delay she tells me the kids are $35 as well. WHAT? I was truly offended. There were no offerings on the regular menu for kids and they want to charge me $70 for my 7 year old twins to eat. We ended up ordering pizza in. The attendant at the front desk was very kind and called the pizza place for us to order in Italian. There were no restaurants in walking distance that were open.
Back in the room the smell was still strong but after about an hour you kinda started to get use to it. The bed was very comfortable compared to what we had been sleeping on in Italy. They had two rollaway beds made up for the kids. They were also very comfortable. I had expected almost like a cot, but was a twin size thick mattress. Bathroom was very large and very nice. Great water pressure and very large deep bathtub.
Had to leave at 4:30 am to catch shuttle to airport. Shuttle was on time and waiting. The had coffee and croissants (choc, fruit filled, and plain) out for those catching 4:30 shuttle.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JeninAkron
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We booked three nights and then we stayed only one night and the hotel staff would not give us the opportunity to complete their stay at another. Plus they did not give us the points we are entitled as members of the Club hotels best western

Room Tip: dont go to this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Malpensa, Manager at Best Western Hotel Cavalieri Della Corona, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear y2112r,

I am sorry for your reservation troubles, but these are independent of our hotel. Your reservation was not made directly with us, but through a tour operator. The rate chosen was also a special offer rate that was both non refundable and non modifiable.

At the time of your check in you did not tell us you were staying only for one night instead of 3 nights. You told our night porter in the early morning, while you were checking out. Had you made mention of your change in plans before your arrival maybe we could have worked something out with the tour operator (who had received payment and thus is the only party responsible for a refund).

I always reccommend our customers reserve directly through our hotel (website, phone or email) or through the official BEST WESTERN channels (800 number, email, website) to avoid complicating travel arrangements with a third party which has to be contacted in case of changes etc.. A timely mention of problems or changes also allow us to find solutions in case of these type of situations or at least we can try to help you.

Regarding the BEST WESTERN rewards points, these are only accumulated on reservations made directly to the hotel or via the official chain channels - another good reason to book directly!

Again I am sorry for your reservation issues but these should have been taken up with the tour operator before your arrival.

Kind regards,
Frederick Venturi
Vice Director
BEST WESTERN Hotel Cavalieri della Corona

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Well I'm sat in Malpensa airport writing this as I wait for my flight back to London Luton....from the moment I was picked up by the free courtesy bus I new this was going to be an okay business trip. I was visiting. An Exhibition at Fiero Milano which is about 50 mins (by bus in heavy traffic). From the outside the hotel is clean fresh and modern if a little out the way...nota problem for me.
Check in was quick and easy, and the room spacious clean and modern, in fact having a separate lounge area and desk, perfecto.
A few drinks in the reasonably priced bar then of to a very comfy bed.
The hotel also put a courtesy bus on for the exhibition centre, making great savings not only in time but in the usual travel frustrations.
I got the taxi back from the exhibition costing 70e.
I ate in the hotel restaurant and had a lovely T-bone steak cooked rare, bellisimo...and a rather nice 1/2 bottle of wine this cost 40e, but very good fayre indeed.
Back to the bar before again retiring to bed for the second night.
The hotel allowed, I did ask very nicely, for me to check out rather later than usual s I needed to complete some work, then courtesy bus back to malpensa and here I am... Great hotel.....many thanks to all the staff for making my stay very welcome.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
#2 of 9 in Somma Lombardo
First Hotel Malpensa
First Hotel Malpensa
#1 of 9 in Somma Lombardo

Been to Best Western Hotel Cavalieri Della Corona? Share your experiences!