“Outstanding!!”
other traveler has booked this property
Check Availability
Bathroom # 3
Bedroom # 4 - 2 X Queen size beds
Bathroom Bedroom # 4
Bedroom # 5 - 2 X Queen size beds
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Cardor66
“Outstanding!!”
Reviewed April 6, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Stayed at beautiful Casa Kickapoo for a jujitsu / surf camp.
Cleanliness: The property was kept very clean at all times. I'd be up early in the morning with my coffee and there would be someone already maintaining the grounds.
Rooms: rooms were maintained very well. When we would be out in the afternoon surfing or doing activity and come back our room would be clean and bed would be made.
Service: Definitely a five star. With any dietary concerns or specific requests they always went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied.
Location: Located on an estuary where you can grab a paddleboard go paddle boarding or less than a five minute drive to the beach you can get great surfing in nice warm water.
Value: No doubt you receive an exceptional value for what you pay. We had a chef who cooked excellent food including some great local food.
Overall: I am going back!! I loved the fresh El Salvador grown coffee every morning. Luiz is the proprietor who goes above and beyond to make you feel welcomed. A great property that can be used for many occasions. Highly Recommended!!!!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Lesley R
Winnipeg, Canada
“It was the trip of a lifetime!!”
Reviewed April 5, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

It's hard to even put into words how amazing this vacation was! From the moment I arrived I was welcomed with open arms. From the gracious host and hostess, the amazing chef, the hard working staff, to the awesome surfing instructor....they made me feel like a part of their family. As for the BJJ Instructor Bruno Fernandes....he's a world class guy. I learned so much from him about jiu jitsu, surfing and life. One of the nicest people you will ever meet.
Casa Kickapoo very quickly became one of my favorite places that I've ever been too. The beach house was perfect from...the pool, the many hammocks, the accommodations, the beautiful grounds, the location.
This was the first time I had taken a solo vacation and I felt very safe the whole time I was there. I would have never guessed El Salvador was as beautiful as it was.
The surfing was so great!! I was so happy with the progress I made....they are really great instructors.
All in all, this trip was a life changer for me...both physically and mentally. If you love jiu jitsu and/or surfing, you have to visit Casa Kickapoo!! There is no doubt that I will be back for another stay in paradise :)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hospitality, location, new friends, food....loved it all.
Liked least: That I had to leave
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Erin O
“Can't wait to return!”
Reviewed April 4, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Going to El Salvador for no other reason than to stay at Casa Kickapoo with Luis and Gloria is a worthwhile idea. I simply can't say enough good things about them as hosts, and as human beings in general. They are just the best kind of people. I've been on vacations where I've said, "Wow, they thought of everything"... and then I went to Casa Kickapoo. Talk about raising the bar. Aside from every detail being taken care of--airport pick ups, laundry service, seriously amazing food (Thanks, Rodrigo!), daily cleaning service, optional yoga classes, lots of hammocks and other comfy resting areas, the best surf instructor around (Thanks, other Luis!), the house being fully equipped with anything you need--they also strive to make the experience as wonderful as possible and are always looking for ways to improve. We couldn't have asked for better hosts, and I don't think we'd find better if we tried because they likely just don't exist. Luis and Gloria are it, folks.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Ghenima D
Montreal, Canada
“A little paradise that feels like Home”
Reviewed March 19, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

I've visited Casa Kickapoo for a Surf and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Camp with Prof. Bruno Fernandes.
What started as a Solo trip quickly felt like visiting friends and Family, especially after the warm welcome received from the owners, Luis and Gloria. The other guests had all different backgrounds, stories, and became friends after a few days.
I was picked up at the airport and got to the house late in the evening, but everyone made sure that I had everything I needed. Gloria, and my lovely roommate even gave me clothes as my backpack was only delivered the following night by the airline.
The rooms were clean and in good condition, the food was amazing and chef Rodrigo was happy to accommodate my dietary restriction. The staff really tries to create a memorable experience for every single guest.
The daily surf instruction given by ‘Surf Luis’ were really fun and the Jiu Jitsu lessons were worth every penny.
This camp week was memorable and I can’t wait to have the chance to go back there. Give it a try!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
gentechx
San Diego, California
“Great Active Vacation”
Reviewed March 15, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Luis and his staff make everyone feel like family, not a guest. The location is great and many times I thought I was in South Florida and not El Salvador. No one should miss the opportunity to attend a bjj camp here.

Liked best: The Staff
CF C
“This the family you never knew you belonged to.”
Reviewed March 14, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

By the time I arrived I had corresponded with Luis, the owner a few times, and felt as if I knew him. A few of the other guest and I were picked up at the airport. It was late in the night but Luis and Gloria greeted us at the door of Casa Kickapoo.

For the rest of the week I never once felt like a customer or guest of Casa Kickapoo. I felt like I was the guest of Luis and Gloria, my friends. I guess it is true that you have friends you just have not met yet.

The surfing instruction from "the other Luis" was great as were the waves. The Jiu-Jitsu instruction from Prof. Bruno Fernandes was worth every nickel.

It was a great experience. You show up with a bunch of strangers, but you leave with a bunch of new friends. Everyone has a story., This is the kind of place where you get to know people, hear their story, and learn allot about yourself.

I am looking forward to next year. It will be like visiting family.

Liked best: Food and Service
Friends getaway Large groups
scottyrot
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“One of my favorite vacations!”
Reviewed March 1, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

I attended the BJJ Globetrotter Jiu Jitsu camp. In February the temperature is a mild 80-85 degrees with a nice cooling breeze. The gracious owners of the house Luis and Gloria are two people who don't stop smiling and really aim to provide everything they can. You can really tell they care about the quality and upkeep of their house due to the wonderful staff under their employment. The Chef Rodrigo cooks the most amazing food, surf instructor Luis literally became one of the boys and just did whatever we wanted be it surfing, jet ski'ing, playing some guitar or hunting down surf spots an hour away. The house is amazing, lots of hammocks, a wonderful view of the estuary, AC in every room, a pool, outdoor shower.

Pickup and dropoff from the Airport was a breeze, EVERYTHING was taken care of on this trip down to the final details. I look forward to going back as soon as possible!

Liked best: Our Hosts!
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing