“Fantastic Thai and Fantastic Service”

Kin Kao Thai Restaurant & take away Robina
Ranked #10 of 124 Restaurants in Robina
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Wife and I have just returned from Kin Kao Thai and must say that this BYO deserves every award it has been given. From the moment we walked in the door the service was excellent - Jamie our waitress greeted us with a big smile and seated us at our table. Complimentary rice crackers and chilled water allowed us time to peruse the substantial but well organised menu.

We both had Money Bags for an entree and they were cooked to perfection and extremely tasty. We shared two mains - the Gang Massaman Curry with lamb and a chicken with yellow curry and both were excellent. Portion sizes were generous and neither of us had room for dessert.

All in all a very satisfying and enjoyable dining experience - we will certainly be back!

1  Thank Bob R

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Just came back from a very satisfying meal. Hubby had the Bugs in a curry sauce, was super yummy. I had the Pad Thai and that was super nice, but it did need just a tad of the chilli they give to you on the table to just give it that extra spicy flavour...( if you like it hot like I do ) -
Its a wednesday evening and its packed by the locals and being tucked away as it is, you can be assured its not surviving on the tourist dollar. Superb and friendly staff. Free and easy parking. I have been to just about every thai restaurant in surfers and broadbeach - these guys KICK them to the kerb. I will be going back for sure.. So good we even got take away for 2mrw night too.

2  Thank exptravellerskiier
Reviewed February 24, 2012

This would have to be the best kept secret on the coast. The food is absolutely beautiful always. John and his staff are excellent. This little restaurant is in our local shops and we eat there or get take away at least once a fortnight. Always fresh and very reasonably priced. Keep up the good work guys

2  Thank gvp10
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We eat here at least once a fortnight and I must say it's our favorite Gold Coast restaurant. All the dishes are authentic Thai and you can see why they keep winning awards. John the owner is on the floor and his wife is in the kitchen. We've been dining here for at least 10 years now and my husband has the Fish Fillets with Chilli Sauce EVERY time. It's lightly battered grilled fish, served in a sticky honey & spicy chilli sauce. It's truly divine! I like the Chicken in Chilli Basil sauce, and the Beef in Garlic Pepper sauce. The curry's are great also (house specialty is the Jungle Curry) and the portions of rice, well if you are not a HUGE eater, just order one portion between two. It's BYO, the prices are really good, we'll keep going here, keep up the good work guys. -:)

3  Thank Angelry_1
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Kin Kao is an award-winning restaurant tucked away in a little "arcade" in Robina. It could easily be overlooked due to its location but is well worth making an effort to find it.

The food is excellent and I have many "favourites" ranging from curry puffs, Pad Pong kari, Massaman, seafood laksa to name a few. There are a couple of items on the menu that I am not a fan of but suspect that is due more to my palate and dislike of fish sauce. Portions sizes are generous.

A lunch menu is available at very reasonable prices to eat in or takeaway.

3  Thank nessie27