“Friendly, fresh and fast ...”
Review of Kouzina Modern Greek & Meze Bar - CLOSED

Kouzina Modern Greek & Meze Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Influenced by summers spent in the Greek Islands, award-winning executive chef and owner of Kouzina, Theo Kostoglou, shares his passion for Greek flavours with a modern take on Hellenic food.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We decided on a very early dinner prior to going to the nearby cinema. We were the only customers at the time but a number of tables had been reserved for those dining at a more reasonable hour. The service was efficient and our meals arrived in good time. The two dips - taramasalata and an eggplant one were fresh and flavoursome and accompanied by delicious piping hot pita bread. The lamb gyros dish was large and tasty and the lamb pie in filo pastry was excellent. Wine prices were moderate and our overall impression was very positive. Looking forward to returning for a meal at leisure.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have been to Kouzina Modern Greek & Meze Bar Robina a number of times now and it has always been a pleasure. I for some reason always seem to order the Kalamaraki Salade, maybe because I couldnt get enought of it. Lime-pepper calamari, lightly fried over a Greek salad that contained Rocket style Lettuce, Cherry Tomatoes, Kalamata Olives, Artichokes, Dried Bread Crumbs , Feta Cheese, Onion and small greek style beans all done in a nice oil dressing.

Now for the bad news.

We went here on Saturday the 5th of January 2013, had my heart set on the Kalamaraki Salade once again but this time I wanted the wife to get it too. Place out order and awaited the arrival of our meals.

Its not a hard meal to make, so it did not take too long for it to come out. Once it was placed in front of us both, we both noticed the changes to the once great Kalamaraki Salad.

Gone is the Rocket Style Lettuce, Cherry Tomatoes, Feta Cheese, Artichokes, Dried Bread Crumbs and the small greek style beans!!!

In its place is a cheap style Lettuce that had more water in it then a ice berg, guessing it was an Ice Berg Lettuce (My most hated Lettuce), Normal Tomatoes cut into big chunks, the onion remained intact along with the Kalamata Olives. Oh yer and of course the calamari was still there. All this was done in a different dressing which was no where as good as the original.

After we had finished our meals (The wife didnt finish hers as the dressing was getting too much for her) we decided to say something to the owner when paying.

Asked him why they had changed the style of the meal? He replied with "It took too much time for the Chefs to make" to our amazement he was not joking. Come on its a Salad and its not like this restaurant is that busy, most of the time its almost empty.My wife replied with the simple words of "it was [--]". The owner didnt care one bit.

We wont be returning to the Kouzina as the owner is ungrateful for his customers opinions and they have now cut down on the quality of their meals to save the poor chefs. Any decent Chef would be able to make this Salad with no fuss at all. Very Poor!!!

To finish this review, I would say to anyone thinking of visiting Kouzina Modern Greek & Meze Ba - Save your $$$

Climb a Tree for me :)

80xer5antar05

1  Thank 80xer5antar05
Reviewed December 24, 2012

They charged me for the wrong meal, for very fatty chunks of meat they charged me $40 when I didn't even want it. In addition to charging me for the wrong meal and being incredibly rude, the service was also very slow and unfriendly.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We've eaten here a few times but the current reason we keep returning is for the Monday Meze Madnezz deal. This deal runs for lunch and dinner and gives you 10 meze dishes for $20 (for 2 people minimum). The 10 dishes is plenty for dinner and the food is fresh and tasty. The service is friendly and quick to bring out the next round of meze dishes. Good selection of other options on the menu for visits on other days also.

1  Thank Ilaeria
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Food is good and portions are very large, atmosphere looking over the lake is fun. The lunchtime meals (only times we have been there) are excellent value. Good greek fare at reasonable prices