“BEST DUMPLINGS I HAVE EVER HAD”
Review of Dumpling Republic - CLOSED

Dumpling Republic
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Singaporean
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Asian Buffet Restaurant with huge range of hot and cold snacks, soups, stir fry's, hand crafted dumplings, salads and desserts. We also have a fully licensed bar that serves up tasty cocktails, soft drinks, juices, local beers and divine wines. Family friendly at a great price.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have had my share of dumplings all over the world, and i can safely say these are the best i have ever had. We kept ordering more cause they were so good. I would move to Queensland just so i could get access to this place on a regular basis. The staff were amazing, the food came quick and was made to order. The atmosphere was great. if i am ever in Qld again.. i would make the effort to go here again. MUST GO!!!

1  Thank jamesthom

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My daughter and I enjoyed our dinner. The dumplings were great, surprisingly more filling than expected. Couldn't finish our spring rolls (they were huge), so asked for a takeaway box and it was provided by a helpful waiter. Easy, quick meal.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

So people are all complaining about the service but to be honest, the food is so amazing that you can't even be mad about service. Sure the service is not up to scratch but they are all polite!!! I come here once a week and I swear the food gets better every time. Love love love it. And it is so clean! And good music!!! Fave dumplings- Pork and spinach, pan-fried vegetables and as of tonight- white fish and greens. So so so good, could eat them forever. This place is amazing! Make sure you go!!! You might see me there

2  Thank Zogalog96
Anastasia S, General Manager at Dumpling Republic, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Thank you for taking time to leave review and give us your feedback. I'll pass on your kind words to chefs, they are working very hard to create dishes that are fresh and flavourful. Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

After seeing Dumpling Republic open, I was quite eager to try it out, however, I was sadly disappointed. 1. Service of staff was incredibly slack. 2.We waited 20mins for EACH dish to come out. 3. They "misplaced" our order and no one knew what to do. 4. The portions and sizing of each dish was unbelievably small for the price that we were paying. 5. Other tables' drinks were taken out first even though our drinks were sitting on the bar counter for longer. After realising that some of our dishes were misplaced, we decided to leave mid-way of our dinner. The manager could see I was extremely unhappy with our experience but did not apologize or offer any compensation. First impressions last and I'm never going back!

Alan N, Manager at Dumpling Republic, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

We are sorry that your experience with us was not up to standard. Our food on a busy Saturday night can take up to 20 minutes, as it is all freshly prepared. Our freshly steamed dumplings on most occasions will take up to 20 minutes especially when the restaurant is full.

As Manager, I was unaware of your issues and do apologize as it is not the norm at our restaurant.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I previously gave this establishment a negative rating when it opened but went back to see if any improvements had been made. And indeed they have - service is now outstanding - all staff attentive and helpful. Food and drinks were delivered quickly - the food itself was great - the fried calamari and crispy pork & shrimp rolls were delicious. I also had the wonton & noodle soup - very good. Also the place is very well maintained and clean - how they keep all that glass so clean is worth commending. There are plenty of tables and it's good for families, friends and couples alike. Nice modern feel to the place with good atmosphere and a relaxed ambience. We'll be back! Also excellent value.

3  Thank JEAN MARC M
Anastasia S, General Manager at Dumpling Republic, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Jean Marc,
Thank you so much for giving us another chance. Your review and feedback is extremely important for us; it's detailed, honest and to the point. We are trying to listen to our customers and learn from our mistakes. Please come back again, it's our pleasure to serve you.