“Worst restaurant I have ever been to.”
Review of River Penang

River Penang
Ranked #13 of 118 Restaurants in Robina
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Reasonably new restaurant in Robina. Please add to Gold Coast restaurant listings so I can provide a review.
“Worst restaurant I have ever been to.”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We ordered a variety of dishes as there was a group of 15 of us. The service was very bad. There was a stir fry vegetable with Balachan sauce it smelt awful I told the person serving us that this is smelling off and yet he charged me for it. I requested a refund for it after a mouthful from a lady she gave me a refund for the one dish. I have never ever been spoken to like this. Customer service of this standard is not appreciated in Australia. Start changing your attitude towards people maybe you will then be a better restaurant. I'm very disappointed with the experience that I've had and would never recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Yashi80

Gold coast
“Good overall”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The service was terrible; we sat down and were the only table that did not have food (5 tables total), and it took 15 minutes for someone to come take our order, and this required waving for about 5 minutes to get staff attention. Maybe service would have been better if we sat inside? However, the food was delish, and the food was delivered very quickly after ordering.

• Visited June 2013
tweed heads
“Cheap meals of good quality”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I often dine here with the family. (2 adults, 2 children 13, & 7). I recommend the seafood laksa and hianenese chicken. Some of the dishes are not to my liking however we know which ones are good and order the same each time we go. For a family of four with drinks our bill comes to approximately $60. Can't complain about that.

Visited May 2013
Burleigh Heads, Australia
“Good Quick Malaysian Food”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Staff are friendly and the Malaysian food is authentic. I rate the food good to very good depending on the dish. Meals are always quickly prepared. Good value.

• Visited April 2013
Coolangatta, Australia
“Great food”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great food and awesome service at River Penang. I've eaten here multiple times and enjoyed it every time.
Staff are very friendly and swift with drink orders etc- what you expect!
I personally love the combination Laksa.
Reasonably priced and good food.

• Visited February 2013