“Teenagers/Chocaholics Paradise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Max Brenner Chocolate Bar
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Robina
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Phone Number: +61 7 5578 8571
Warwick
“Teenagers/Chocaholics Paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Everything chocolate!!! My teenagers were in heaven here. Little bit sweet for my likings, but it was a very enjoyable chocolate experience. This particular store needed more staff...there were only two staff members when we visited, so the wait time was a little lengthy.

Visited December 2012

Melbourne
“I'm the idiot for giving them a 2nd chance !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Fooled me once, shame on them; fooled me twice, shame on me !

How stupid was I to give this overpriced, lousy business a second chance.

I can't believe ANYBODY could honestly say this place has "good food" "great coffee" ... I seriously think they need to get out more and visit other places and cities in Australia and experience chocolatiers who really DO offer good chocolate, coffee, food and service.

It was the pleading of my daughter and her friend to have a treat here that forced me into giving this lousy business my hard earned cash for a second time.

Fool me.

The first time I went the coffee was lukewarm and weak, the chocolate was so/so and to say the service was abysmal would be kind to them.

Second time around was worse. The only bonus this time was that there wasn't a cue out the door that took forever and the tables were actually cleared (only because the place was empty and the lazy, disinterested staff didn't have any pressure on them).

This time though the croissant was dry and awful and the coffee was even colder than my first visit there.

The kids had the icecream dippers that you dip into the sprinkles etc which they thought was pretty cool.

Pity I had already had my croissant and finished my dishwater coffee long before their dish arrived.

Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic business that deserves a competitor to come in and put them OUT of business.

This place is such a damn rip off I am so angry at myself for going here again.

I will never, ever, ever, ever again be stupid enough to go to this place !!!!!!!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank ladycatrin
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Sweet spot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great for the sweet chocolate inclined addict. Lots of sweet options and they do make an acceptable coffee. Tends to be patronised by the younger set, especially by young women.

Visited November 2012
Mooloolaba, Australia
“Good food, Terrible service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I love chocolate - as much as anyone. Which is why I went to Max Brenner in the first place. But i waited for about 50 minutes after ordering for a chocolate brownie and some icecream. The brownie was pre-made! I saw them sitting on the bench! It would have literally taken 1 minute to prepare and hand to me with the ice-cream - not almost an hour.

Hire some people who can do their job. The girls were very unfriendly when i asked what happened to my order after half an hour of waiting. Not going back to this particlar Max Brenner shop.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gold Coast. Australia
“Yum !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Max Brenners have great coffee and chocolate and lots of yummie food. Great place for lunch or a coffee with friends . A chocoholics heaven.

Visited June 2012