“Our favourite local restaurant.”
Review of Taboon

Taboon
Ranked #3 of 120 Restaurants in Robina
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Taboon is a modern cafe basing its cuisine around the traditional stone oven of the Middle East and drawing its recipes from a variety of countries such as Egypt, Lebanon, Israel, Morocco, and Turkey to name a few.
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Taboon manages to blend all the elements of a good night of dining whilst being easy on the wallet.
The food is consistently great, the service is relaxed but professional, the atmosphere has a good buzz and anyone I've taken there has been equally impressed. All this in a neighbourhood shopping centre in the heart of Robina.
We have been going to Taboon now for over 5 years or more and can honestly say, we have never been disappointed.

So I'm writing this now because I've used Trip Advisor many times myself for recommendations, and I think I should add some of my own.

We came across this modern Middle Eastern restraurant by default after finding the Indian we liked too heavy to sleep on.

We found the middle Eastern inspired menu still had the spicyness and fresh flavours but at the same time a lightness which made going to sleep a little easier.
The salads, Egyptian rice, hummus and pita combined with skewered lean meats or tagines lead me to embrace the cuisine of the Mediterranean and the Middle East.
Owner Siggy runs a great team, most of them long term employees, and try's to incorporate a modern twist to the dishes. It doesn't pretend to be serving traditional dishes, but caters more as a restaurant able to satisfy Aussies and their kids.

We love it is BYO but they have now become licensed.
The stand out dish for me is the falafel prawns, served as a tapas dish though it contains 6 king prawns. You have to try them.
The menu has something for everyone from pizza to a fish tagine. The mixed plate for two is another favourite serving lamb and chicken shooftas along with grilled beef and chicken served on a bed of couscous and rice. Love the salad that comes with it.

All in all I say they deserve the praise they get. The only negative is that they have so invaded our taste buds it stops us from trying some other neighbouring restaurants.

TaboonGoldCoast, Owner at Taboon, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Hi Brett M
Thanks so much for your very positive review! It is always great to hear that our efforts are rewarded and appreciated and that you have been coming to Taboon for so many years. We have recently acquired a liquor license but please feel free to continue to BYO - nothing has changed in that respect. We are proud to be your 'favourite local restaurant"!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I found this restaurant thanks to reviews on Tripadvisor. the place looks very modern and inviting. I had the Rosemary and Garlic Lamb Plate, followed by Bakalava Stack. the food was delicious, and it was the only restaurant on the Gold coast that I really enjoyed. Great coffee and reasonable prices. Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Was in the area & came here purely on the Tripadvisor reviews. What a treat it turned out to be. We were early & virtually every table had a reservation on it. They squeezed us in & we had an hour which was fine. The food was just devine & there wasn't a spice or morsel left on our plate. Felt the service was a little lacking but maybe they were just getting ready for a big night. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Taboon is our local restaurant as we live just 10 minutes away. We normally visit for dinner but occasionally we drop in for lunch.

The thing that always impresses me is consistency in quality. We always enjoy the food as it is fresh and light with just the right amount of spices. The menu offers a wide variety of meals that are refreshingly different being middle eastern. This is only topped off with the wait staff who are always friendly and attentive if not a little stressed at times due to their work load.

The only downside I could think of is as the kitchen is open to full view some of the staff can act inappropriately at times, but as long as they continue to produce the quality they do I can forgive them.

They also do take away that can be a god send at times.

2  Thank KLG62
Reviewed December 22, 2013

There is one team member that has been at Taboon for quite a while and has just recently been on vacation to Bali. Without a doubt she is one of the best F&B team members on the coast. Everytime we dine at Taboon she exceeds expectations. Her knowledge of the menu is great, she interacts so professionally with the patrons. We were at lunch last week and I think that she wished everyone that was dining a merry christmas. The owners of Taboon should be very proud. The food is always great as well.

1  Thank Kym K K
TaboonGoldCoast, Owner at Taboon, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Thanks for your comments. Melanie, our floor supervisor, has worked for us for nearly five years and certainly is a star. She is appreciated and loved at Taboon! We will pass your compliments on to her.