“Something different from the rest”
Review of Taboon

Taboon
Ranked #3 of 127 Restaurants in Robina
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Taboon in Robina serves Modern Middle Eastern food in a relaxed and contemporary setting. The Café / Restaurant cuisine is based around the traditional stone oven of the Middle East and drawing its recipes from a variety of countries such as Israel, Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco, and Turkey. Try the Mixed Dip plate with hand baked pita breads, a great variety of Falafels (all Vegan), or the Hummus & Lamb as fantastic starters. Some of Taboon’s popular main dishes include The Moroccan Lamb Shank Tagines, Mixed plate for 2 and unique Middle Eastern Pizzas. Vegetarian & vegan dishes are ample, like the Falafel Lunch Bowl, Hummus & Mushrooms which are also adored by foodies. The meat and chicken is Halal. For a sweet end to your meal, enjoy Taboon’s sensational Chocolate and Halva Cake, served warm with Vanilla bean ice cream or the Malabi cream scented with Orange blossom layered with berry syrup & crumbled baklava.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Taboon is an authentic modern middle eastern cafe located in the Easy T Shopping Centre Christine Avenue Robina. It is a modern Middle Eastern cafe which is open Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The food is fantastic and the staff and service are first class. Can thoroughly recommend Taboon as the spot to catch up with friends and family.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Beautiful service with a smile. Happy to offer explanations on the menu. Excellent value. The apple tea brings me back each time, served in a pot with dried fruit. The venue is a little 'tinny' at night with lots of people. Perfect in the afternoon when the breeze is up.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My first experience at Taboon was for a work X'mas lunch. Athough the place was packed, there was a wonderful atmosphere and a lovely breeze blowing through the place. The service and staff were top notch and our party of five were well looked after. We started with a plate of falafels to share and they were cooked to perfection.

Mains consisted of a double chicken lunch bowl; Grilled Bedouin salad; 2 Grilled rosemary and garlic lamb plates and I chose the Grilled chilli beef plate. Each dish was generous in proportion and no-one had a bad word to say about their meals. My dish was tasty and the meat tender and spicy, the salad refreshing and rice lovely. The crowning flavour came from the lemon and date relish - it was perfect for the beef.

All in all, it was a wonderful lunch and great value for money for the quality of food. For those who wish to drink alcohol, the place is BYO.

In addition to the lunch menu, they also have a breakfast and dinner one. I will definitely be coming back with my husband to try their tagines (dinner menu) and maybe even brekky.

Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

We have just discovered this local "gem" and have been twice this week. Food is great service is very attentive without being over bearing. We will be back again next week I'm sure

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have been back to Taboon many times and the food is always so tasteful, fresh and authentic and terrific value for money! The reviewer 'Noora A' must have had his/her taste buds removed or mixed up. The hummus I had did not have too much cumin, and I know the taste as I cook with cumin!! I also couldn't taste thyme with the yogurt. I think this reviewer wasted a lot of "thyme' writing this review! I've been to the Middle East many times, and find the food at Taboon as good as, if not better than I had in various places overseas. . This restaurant has been operating successfully for six years, and that speaks for itself. Don't let one biased review spoil it for others, and by the way I cook and know Middle Eastern food!.