“a pleasant green door.” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Porte Verte
Ranked #18 of 112 Restaurants in Robina
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gold Coast, Queensland
“a pleasant green door.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

A very pleasant location with nice decor and friendly staff. Although all spoke with a French accent I feel that a couple were acquired. The food was delightful and varied. I sampled the pork dish whilst my partner tried the fish. Both were well presented and tasty. I also tried snails for the first time, which I could neither recommend nor decline. The taste relied, in my view, to the sauce. I sampled the creme broulet for dessert, which was very nice. Drinks and mals were reasonably priced and I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank squashtragic

gold coast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best authentic French cuisine in Queensland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

i have tried many restaurants searching for the 'the taste of France' i must say that this is the one place that always delivers without any drop in quality. i highly suggest the travel time to truly experience authentic French cuisine

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank georgie w
“One of the best and most authentic French restaurants on the Coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Just returned home from a wonderful romantic dinner with hubby at "The Green Door"! Staff actually spoke French. The menu was simple and pure bistro. Hubby had lamb - which I tried to steal from him because it was the most incredible lamb rack we've ever tasted, and I had the pork - not as tender as I wished but yummy. We also had the seafood chowder - divine- and creme brûlée for dessert. We were also treated to Can Can dancers. I highly recommend and hope to return again soon but this time for the duck and mushroom and crepe Suzette!

1 Thank Rcuta2
Gold Coast Australia
“Tres bonne”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

Four of us had a very pleasant meal here tonight.
The food was good quality, prepared well and the portion sizes were decent.
I had seafood chowder as my starter, it was served piping hot and was crammed with seafood. My friends had oysters natural and breaded brains.Both enjoyed their selections.
For my main I had salmon in a lemon butter sauce - again, delicious. Two of my friends had the rack of lamb and one the fillet steak and they all commented on the quality, flavour and tenderness of the meat.
Dessert was profiteroles.. quite yummy.
The service was a little slow but not unacceptably slow. They were however poor at remembering to bring out drinks which had been ordered. On 3 occasions, we had to ask them what had happened to our drinks which had never arrived.
Overall , a pleasant meal.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Nawlins66
Albury, Australia
“We had a great experience at La Porte Verte.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

When we discovered that we would be near Miami, Queensland, on Bastille Day, I sought wisdom from Trip Advisor and other sites and discovered La Porte Verte in Robina, very near our accommodation. I duly booked and successfully gained a table for two.
After guiding our taxi driver to the vicinity, we had to ask a passerby for directions and were told that the restaurant was “at the back” of the shopping centre. As we approached, we could hear the merriment and noise of enjoyment – accompanied by French music played on an accordion. We knew we were in for a treat.
We arrived and were shown to our table, right in the thick of the action. The kitchen was turning out meals, the wait staff were busily looking after the full house, the accordion player came by to talk and play a few tunes and the wine flowed.
For this occasion, there was a set menu of $60 per person which included a choice of four entrees, four mains and three desserts. This proved to be a real bargain. A decent wine was $40 per bottle, except for the French reds which were $44.
We chose crepe aux fruits de mer gratinee (seafood pancake) and pate du chef for our entrees. The crepe was excellent, full of mussels and prawns, but the pate was something of a disappointment as it tasted as though it was not “du chef”, but perhaps “du supermarche”.
For mains we chose the canard aux cerises (crispy half duck with black cherry sauce and poisson du jour meuniere (in this case – snapper). Both dishes were large portions with excellent flavours. The sauce did not overpower the duck on this occasion, so perhaps the message from previous reviewers has had an impact.
Our desserts were crème brulee and profiteroles au chocolate. While the profiteroles were excellent, the crème brulee was cold and soggy on top -very disappointing. Perhaps this was due in part to the presence of a large crowd seeking fulfillment at the same time.
One feature of the Porte Verte alluded to in prior reviews is the presence of “can can” dancers. Sure enough, after placing our order, can can girls appeared. This energetic performance provided fantastic entertainment. The girls really got the crowd into the spirit of Bastille Day in Robina.
La Porte Verte provides, in my opinion, food and atmosphere akin to a bistro in a large town in France. It does not appear to have any pretentions to grandeur and it does what it intends to do quite well. I would be very happy to have this restaurant in my town.

• Visited July 2011