“Great entertaiment and atmosphere”

North Burleigh Surf Club
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Nerang, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great entertaiment and atmosphere”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We went on a Friday night and enjoyed a meal and drink looking over beautiful north Burleigh beach. A band then started around 8pm and were actually quite good with a vast variety of music. It was then just a 300m walk back to the apartments. Very convenient.

Visited May 2014
wayteam, Manager at North Burleigh Surf Club, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Hi Gregnjulie2014, Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience, it's lovely to hear from people holidaying along the esplanade. We hope to see you again soon.

Gold coast
“Great family club”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

North Burleigh surf club is a friendly, clean and happy place to go for a drink or a meal or both. It is right on the beach with a view which is just awesome. Spent many hours of my life here. Just love it.

Visited April 2014
Hi Michael K, We are so glad you enjoyed your experience at the club. Hope to see you again soon.
Burleigh Heads, Australia
“Great night! ”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Good vibe, family friendly, efficient service.. Food was good, surf club standard.. Thoroughly enjoyable evening, thanks

Hi Gypseamama, Thanks so much for your great review of the club. See you again soon.
Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
“Great.”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This spot is beautiful. Once we got through the rigmarole of showing licenses, filling in paperwork, determining whether one lived 15km away and having to join on the spot, trying to deal with another who had her bag (and therefore license) stolen the night before - we had a beautiful lunch. My barramundi was fantastic. Everyone enjoyed their meals, which came out promptly (it was Mothers Day so was packed). We will return.

• Visited May 2014
wayteam, Manager at North Burleigh Surf Club, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Hi Marjie A, thank you for reviewing the club. We agree that signing in can be a bit of a pain however it's liquor licensing's rules not ours and we can all be fined if we don't play along!! We are so glad that you had a lovely meal on such a lovely day. See you again soon.
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I am a local and decided to have dinner (we booked) at the Nth Burleigh surf club after checking out their menu on line....very disappointing. I have been craving calamari for a few weeks and they had a lime and soy marinated karaage battered calamari...perfect!
Turns out not so perfect. Firstly, the Restaurant Supervisor, who should know better, ignored me as I was waiting at the counter, then when she deigned to serve me, was short, no smile, no greeting, no nothing AND I had to repeat every aspect of my order at least once...not hard, 1 quinoa salad, 1 calamari please.
5 minutes later the salad and my calamari arrived. This was not what I ordered. I am a chef and I know the quality of the crumbed rubber rings they were serving me. When I told the waiter this was not what I ordered and showed him the menu item I had ordered, he was very helpful and explained that there must have been a miscommunication and that the calamari I ordered was not available. Fine. My issue could have been solved if the RESTAURANT SUPERVISOR who served me communicated what she should have known. Secondly, the replacement meal, which I ate alone after I insisted my dining partner eat their meal, rather than wait for mine to be replaced, was below ordinary...a "lemon butter barramundi" @ market price (!) was actually a crappy piece of frozen, watery, tasteless barra......ok chips though. Won't be going back EVER. Don't waste your money on the food, enjoy a cold beer on the beach and head south to one of many awesome places to dine.

• Visited May 2014